The best/most interesting car you’ve ever owned

TBF I’m guessing with Lamborghini as I’m in no way, shape or form in a position to speak from experience! I suspect he or main lines are a bit easier as they do share a fair few components across the VAG group. That said i did read the Countach tribute was very hard to get (ie impossible without an invite to buy), as with some of their other specials like the Sterrato……
Like our possible music mogul overlord, i got 99 problems……… but getting a Ltd edition supercar ain’t one!

Yer I think you’re probably right when it comes to their mainstream cars. I imagine things like that Countach are very difficult to get hold of. I think with their main lines Lamborghini are pretty good, I think their owner left Ferrari becuase he didn’t agree with a lot of their practices. I’ve driven a couple of Ferraris and a Lamborghini on a track day and honestly the Ferraris felt like they’d been put together in Joeys shed. I’ll see if I can find pics of some of the cars I got to drive

TBF I’m guessing with Lamborghini as I’m in no way, shape or form in a position to speak from experience! I suspect he or main lines are a bit easier as they do share a fair few components across the VAG group. That said i did read the Countach tribute was very hard to get (ie impossible without an invite to buy), as with some of their other specials like the Sterrato……
Like our possible music mogul overlord, i got 99 problems……… but getting a Ltd edition supercar ain’t one!
IMG_0407.webp IMG_0406.webp IMG_0405.webp

I got to drive the I8, the blue Lamborghini (which is why there are so many pictures of that), the Ferrari 458 I think it was, the orange McLaren, a Skyline and Audi R8. Then at the end a pro driver took me round in a Holden and absolutely destroyed my lap times from much faster cars 😂

Best car I've ever owned was an extremely boring Skoda Octavia Greenline SE. There was literally nothing special about it at all other than it was very comfy, reliable and economical. I owned it for 7 years, drove 115,000 miles at an average of 60mpg and not once did it ever let me down or need any maintenance other than the standard service and new tyres & brakes.

1k BHP? I'm going to the grocery store usually and typically have adequate time. I'd eventually kill myself with that :lol:; 350-500 BHP is plenty. I've done time in high HP cars, it's not my gig. Light, nimble and manageable power is my juice of preference, I'm not one of these:

tim-taylor-tool.gif

I don’t really know enough to say but it’s all in the turbo and yes it’s too much.

I’ve heard stories of people being told by Porsche they have to buy 10 cars off them to get an allocation for a GT3RS only to buy them and be told they couldn’t get one. To be invited to buy one you had to have a very long ongoing relationship with them, years of buying cars off them. That sort of thing I hate but on the flip side it’s only made me want one more 😂
Who knows, maybe they bought these 2nd hand. Both have a ton of money. Then again our area is relatively small for a Porsche dealer, and this is an oil and gas region, so maybe people like this have uncommon access.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back