• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Champions League Final - Spurs v The Other Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man City must be absolutely gutted watching that. How on earth did spurs knock them out based on that showing? Neither team deserved to win, but we always knew who would if that was the case.

I have no issues with my mates celebrating it, the ones who actually have gone and followed them. It’s all these ‘kin wools who have never been to a game but want to act like they do

Anyway they’ve won it, just get on with it

Yeah, i have a load of mates in Madrid. On the whatsapp group just said congratulations and muted the chat for 12 hours.

It is what it is, what i can't get my head around is people today of all days laughing and saying " You haven't won the premier league "

As if they are going to be arsed!!!!!

Tottenham...

giphy.gif

Right okay they didn't win the league.That's the real holy grail for them.They just won a devalued champions league, against renowned bottlers and serial losers Spurs.But it is still sickening, to see them win a second european cup, since them getting our great side in the 80's kicked out of europe.But yeah it is what is.None of us wanted this to happen.But deep down we all knew that we were doomed, when Spurs were our last hope of beating them.Just do one Spurs.You shower of dirty useless bottlers.Arsenal are the only side in North London.

I wonder if this will convince our beloved, esteemed and truly wonderful 'Chairman' to finally step down and allow others to make us a big club again?

Probably not.
Chairman, deputy chairman, Woods and DBB - none of them has a clue of how to change things up.
All happy to plod along, happy to (hopefully) be 'best of the rest.'
Not a winner amongst them.

Do you really reckon it´s going to change for us? I swear this club is the only depressing aspect of my life. I genuinely wish I could swerve it.

Probably not you'd have to say but we live in hope. Strange things happen in football and every year is a new year. We start from scratch.

So what if it doesn't though? The sun will still come up and life will go on.

Dunno. By letter of the footballing law is it a pen? He starts by pointing at someone to mark. But then when Mane hits it he moves its arm so that's where it's considered intentional. My bigger gripe is just the bloody jamminess of the situation.

Now I have to go to work on Monday and listen to them talk utter bawlocks 40 hours a week. For the love of!!!!
It hits him in the chest first though so it's never a pen anyway.

Do you really reckon it´s going to change for us? I swear this club is the only depressing aspect of my life. I genuinely wish I could swerve it.
I agree Mr. Daniel. There will inevitably be the hardcore Everton fans saying this is a symptom of non-fans. But as far as I'm concerned its tragic to get upset over a game of football. And I do. So why not just cut it out

The only possible silver lining to this evening's sh#tshower is if it all kicks off in Madrid. The Spanish police go in hard and those lovable Reds take a good beating. Hopefully Fanta Scuff, Fountain Scuff and Michael "Paving Slab" Shields first in line for some Spanish hospitality. Oh and Emilia Bona gets a pink truncheon where the sun doesn't shine. :(

Dont know about a pink truncheon but...

Alisson - £66.8m
Trent - £0
Matip - £0
Van Dijk - £75m
Robertson - £10m
Henderson - £20m
Wijnaldum - £25m
Fabinho - £43.7m
Mane - £34m
Firmino - £29m
Salah - £34m

Total = £337.5m

just a casual £337.5m to win a trophy

well done

in comparison our squad

Pickford - £30m
Coleman - £0.06m
Keane - £30m
Mina - £27.19m
Digne - £18m
Gueye - £9m
Sigurdsson - £45m
Schneiderlin - £24m
Richarlison - £50m
Calvert-Lewin - £1.5m
Bernard - £0

Total = £234.75m

thats more than £100mil less than that lot which is a huge gulf

when you think our squad was able to beat man utd 4-0, beat chelsea 2-0, beat arsenal 1-0, draw 0-0 with liverpool, draw 1-1 at spurs, almost get a point at anfield

liverpool have bought their trophy well done

time for mosh to buy ours :)

What's worse is that it has been thirty-two years since we've really competed at the top of the English game - a bleeding generation! We're miles away from it.

Seeing that shower doing well again and winning this competition twice, in less than half that time, just leaves a sour taste.

Have to believe the club is heading in the right direction.

We have Brands asking for patience and I believe him. Not a quick fix, but we can and will compete again.

Football is a game, a pass time and a form of escapism.

Whatever happens always remember our club stands for what is good in the game and we will never, ever, share their shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back