• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Champions League Final - Spurs v The Other Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but what we need to get to their level is hard to achieve and will take time. We are miles off the pace and only through recruiting top players can we reach their level.

It's achievable don't get me wrong, but we need patience. Knee jerk reactions after their success aren't helpful and I'm worried people are going to have unrealistic expectations next season because of the frustration at their success.

We need to completely overhaul our squad, our mentality, our culture, and 30 years of managed decline. Next year we need to worry only about ourselves. That means being better than we were this year. Hopefully significantly better.

It´s impossible to not enter a new season with some sort of hope but I think we´ve been through this enough times to prepare ourselves for the worst. Like you, I´d settle for us moving in the right direction. I don´t think we´re anywhere near the level of the top teams but we can at least show progression.

Winning trophies, finishing in the top 4. I just think it´s beyond us right now. It´s important to be realistic.

Harsh they beat Napoli who lost Serie A by 1 point, the champions of France, Germany, Spain, Portugal and a top 4 team from the strongest league in the world in the final.

Scary is they will get loads of money for this, commercial deals galore and stadium expansion and they got that monkey off with winning this trophy.

It's awful being an Evertonian right now, Moshiri Silva and Brands have massive expectations even further now while them across the park are going to get better.

Some perspective (and honesty) is needed. Napoli did not lose the league by 1 point. Porto did not win the Portuguese league. They would have been knocked out over two legs by the champions of France. They'd have also lost to over two legs to City (on this seasons form). They would have also almost certainly have lost to both the Madrid teams, Juventus and Ajax. They could a great draw again and took full advantage for which they deserve credit. However lets not out and out lie about what they have done eh?

I don't know what to say except that I'm glad I don't live on Merseyside or work alongside red types.

I can go out of my house and no one is going to start singing those sentimental songs at me. It must be awful. Truly awful.

Against us he looks devastating. There's no denying he was rubbish tonight in the biggest game of his career.

That period when they were second just before the winter period he was outstanding. Then he was off then on again with his performances. I’d be surprised if he’s there next season in all honesty, think a move has already been boxed off

Some perspective (and honesty) is needed. Napoli did not lose the league by 1 point. Porto did not win the Portuguese league. They would have been knocked out over two legs by the champions of France. They'd have also lost to over two legs to City (on this seasons form). They would have also almost certainly have lost to both the Madrid teams, Juventus and Ajax. They could a great draw again and took full advantage for which they deserve credit. However lets not out and out lie about what they have done eh?

Your trying to reason with the biggest Kopite Gobshite bellend on this forum mate, it ain't gonna happen.

Let him have his sandwiches, let him have his bucket and spade, let him play in the sand while the sun is out, this is his day and he's waited for it since 3 weeks ago when they lost the league and he had to pipe down for a couple of weeks

Unfortunately I called a Liverpool win and a Spurs bottle job. Thats what we got today.

I was surprised people were so pleased Ajax got knocked out. I would have fancied Ajax tonight, a team full of winners who had the quality and incision to punish Liverpool. This is a side who have knocked out better teams than Liverpool this season against the odds (substantially better in Real Madrid and Juventus). I think they'd have relished being underdogs and made Liverpool pay.

Spurs really struggle being an underdog. They are quite similar to us under Moyes, albeit at a higher level. Lots of ability but don't get over the line. I never felt confident.

Who's talking about knee jerk reactions Tim ?

Our owner and BoD have had three years to come up with plans of how to return Everton to greatness and they've made a complete and utter town halls of it so far, at least prior to appointing Brands, who I truly hope is the catalyst to rectifying the garbage wrought upon us by the back end of the Martinez reign, Koeman, Walsh and Allardyce... who were all allowed to waste money.

Niasse, Bolasie, Ramirez, Martina, Williams etc etc. Stupid fees paid, ridiculous wages offered with no recognisable plan.
Lots of mistakes were made without doubt. But that's why this rebuild is now going to take even longer. We are burdened by all those players you listed and I don't think we'll be able to offload all of them this year.

Moshiri entrusted a lot of his own money in the wrong hands and he paid the price. We can only hope lessons have been learned and in Brands, we have someone who knows the right path forward.

I'm relatively positive. But it's not realistic to compete with Liverpool and the top 4 next year. I hope our fans are sensible and recognise that.

I don't know what to say except that I'm glad I don't live on Merseyside or work alongside red types.

I can go out of my house and no one is going to start singing those sentimental songs at me. It must be awful. Truly awful.

Nah it's sound mate, it'll be annoying for a couple of days that's all. Tomorrow will be tough but luckily I'm out all day with my lad so won't have to put up with any of their crap.

Harsh they beat Napoli who lost Serie A by 1 point, the champions of France, Germany, Spain, Portugal and a top 4 team from the strongest league in the world in the final.

Scary is they will get loads of money for this, commercial deals galore and stadium expansion and they got that monkey off with winning this trophy.

It's awful being an Evertonian right now, Moshiri Silva and Brands have massive expectations even further now while them across the park are going to get better.

I'd also add, alongside the misinformation, the prize money will not be much greater for them winning it. They will need the prize money though, as they have a bigger wage bill than Manchester City. I'd imagine a few of their lads are going to want big extensions too. It's going to be interesting to see how it's financed.

You’ve just won the champions league trophy why aren’t you out celebrating with your mates? Instead your pretending to be an Everton fan you freak

You're an utter embarrassment you lad. Your team just won the champions league and here you are still playing this pathetic game. Not celebrating with mates or anything. Get help lad, call the Samaritans or somthing. Just find somthing to fill that void.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back