• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Champions League Final - Spurs v The Other Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd far, far rather OUR owners and BoD being going ballistic and deciding right now exactly what the heck they're going to do about it !!

It will give them some focus and hopefully drag us up to try and live with them. Hopefully it doesn't take 10 plus years of them consistently winning stuff before we match them this time though.

That said for all their success this season, over two legs they only managed to fluke a last minute win at home over us. So just like in the mid eighties our growth came from knowing we could compete with the best team in the country, maybe we are not that far away.

Nah it's sound mate, it'll be annoying for a couple of days that's all. Tomorrow will be tough but luckily I'm out all day with my lad so won't have to put up with any of their crap.

At the end of the day, it's depressing and crap but it's just football. It's not healthy to invest so much in something you have no control over.

When they sing their songs just shurg your shoulders and move on.

At the end of the day, it's depressing and crap but it's just football. It's not healthy to invest so much in something you have no control over.

When they sing their songs just shurg your shoulders and move on.

I hate them mate, hate them with a passion and I don't hide that fact. I tell the missus who is a Kopite I hate them. They call it bitter, I call it football rivalry but it is what it is, every few years they are gonna win a trophy and yeah it feels crap but I'd rather be a suffering Evertonian than one of those Gobshites for sure ;)

Lots of mistakes were made without doubt. But that's why this rebuild is now going to take even longer. We are burdened by all those players you listed and I don't think we'll be able to offload all of them this year.

Moshiri entrusted a lot of his own money in the wrong hands and he paid the price. We can only hope lessons have been learned and in Brands, we have someone who knows the right path forward.

I'm relatively positive. But it's not realistic to compete with Liverpool and the top 4 next year. I hope our fans are sensible and recognise that.
But we have to have that desire to compete Tim.

We have to have the ambition, drive, desire and passion to make Everton great again.

You're right inasmuch as we're highly unlikely to do a Leicester and come from nowhere to win the title, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be straining every sinew to do so.

The ownership and the Board ultimately are responsible.

They allowed the chequebook to be waved around with gay abandon and it's they who have gotten us into this mess.

They now have to act positively and precisely to support Brands and Silva, address all the commercial activities of the club that are woefully behind those of the clubs we'd like to class as being our peers, and secure the funding to build a stadium that befits a club that aims to be the best and believes it can and will be the best.

We're all fed up of being 'plucky Everton' and it's time for the major shareholder to act decisively.
He's not even on the board himself, maybe he should be ?

I'm lucky, I'm old enough - as the likes of @Joey66 @Eggs @Dario Terracotta @Khalekan and many more are - to have witnessed the boys in Royal Blue winning league titles, FA Cup, the European Cup Winners Cup, and there's no better feeling in the world - apart from witnessing the birth of your children - and there are tens of thousands of Blues out there who haven't, and they damn well should at least be feeling we're within touching distance of a trophy if not winning one.

As things stand right now, can you put your hand on your heart and tell me you've absolute faith in this current board, because I can't.

It will give them some focus and hopefully drag us up to try and live with them. Hopefully it doesn't take 10 plus years of them consistently winning stuff before we match them this time though.

That said for all their success this season, over two legs they only managed to fluke a last minute win at home over us. So just like in the mid eighties our growth came from knowing we could compete with the best team in the country, maybe we are not that far away.

Hopefully mate, hopefully. ;) ;)

I hate them mate, hate them with a passion and I don't hide that fact. I tell the missus who is a Kopite I hate them. They call it bitter, I call it football rivalry but it is what it is, every few years they are gonna win a trophy and yeah it feels crap but I'd rather be a suffering Evertonian than one of those Gobshites for sure ;)

Haha I'm 'happy' for my mates who are proper fans. It's the bandwagon hoppers that truly do my head in. They're the worst on Monday morning in work when it comes to winding you up as well.

I just add up all these moments of pain and think that maybe someday we can exercise them with a trophy of our own. Tbh, right now I'd take a Derby win.

Haha I'm 'happy' for my mates who are proper fans. It's the bandwagon hoppers that truly do my head in. They're the worst on Monday morning in work when it comes to winding you up as well.

I just add up all these moments of pain and think that maybe someday we can exercise them with a trophy of our own. Tbh, right now I'd take a Derby win.

I've even got genuine mates who are reds, I won't be congratulating them either mate. They can all Sniff it, it's just how I roll lol

Nevermind.

Poor.

Proud of my team though.

Always will be.

Loads of RS about in central London. So pleased none of them tried to engage in any bantz...think they could tell we weren't really in the mood.

Actually, maybe I would have enjoyed more it if they did.

Hold your up high mate. Memories to last a lifetime this season. It doesn't have to end in a trophy when you've had nights like Amsterdam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back