• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Champions League Final - Spurs v The Other Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I did conclude from that game is that Dele Alli is in fact a very poor and ineffective footballer.
Absolutely.I said the same. He looks totally burnt out.

He was brilliant for a season or two when he first arrived from MK Dons and was hungry for success ( or money!).

But now he has got his big contract he has totally lost interest and gone downhill rapidly.

Hard to think he is only 23. That's what having too much money at that age can do to you.

People must just look at us and think poor bloke lol why do we bother?

Well spotted mate :)

I did bother nonetheless though. I passed a house festooned in kopite regalia on the way - even moreso than I expected. I know the guy vaguely and he isn't a bad sort but he has a view that can see folk coming so he made sure he was out whilst I passed. He smirked and I smirked back :)

Same here. Been around since their emergence 1964 onwards so completely insulated now. Credit where it's due to the team that won it. But right on cue this morning woke up to numerous texts from RS that know me, some I haven't spoken to in years giving it the big six and so on. Surely our day will come soon.
I agree. Also, theres dignity in defeat....but also in winning. This peacocking on such a vast scale is what they expect of each other now....theyre bad enough when they haven't even won i.e. "everyone knows we deserved to win the league more than City". I wouldn't be arsed even picking the phone up to text people, apart from Evertonians. Then again that's why were us....and theyre them....thank God.

We new it wasn't going to be good. We new it was going to be bad. In fact we new it was going to be very bad...
But the media wankfest this morning about them winning the damn thing is completely & totally off the scale!
I pulled up at my local garage to buy the Sunday newspapers ( I know, I know - why did I even think about doing it?)
to be greeted with a wall of red on the news stands.

The Daily Mail has a 13 page pull out no less with a 4 page 'souvenir edition' frontispiece! I swear if England win the next World Cup
the media adulation would not be any where near on this scale. It's completely ridiculous.

We (Man City) won an unprecedented treble and got about half a page and most of that was harping on about breaching FFP & being banned from Europe and 'Sportswashing'. It really is strange that just how disconnected the media is from its customer base. They are most hated & despised club & set of fans in the whole of British football and the media arse licking to them is truly the most sycophantic that has ever been known. That's it now for at least a week. A self imposed media blackout - a total and complete blackout. It's the only way...

Pains to say it but they won that last night not even playing well. Same as in the league - they won a lot of games when they played badly. VVD has made them a very tough team to beat.

Anyway here’s to a couple of weeks avoiding telly, newspapers, social media.

Absolutely.I said the same. He looks totally burnt out.

He was brilliant for a season or two when he first arrived from MK Dons and was hungry for success ( or money!).

But now he has got his big contract he has totally lost interest and gone downhill rapidly.

Hard to think he is only 23. That's what having too much money at that age can do to you.
Nailed on he'll end up here as the next Theo Walcott / Aaron Lennon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back