• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Champions League Final - Spurs v The Other Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A massive yawn fest.

A poor example of Premiership standard sides.

L*******l F.C.: champions of Europe, in the year that Europe couldn’t be bothered.

Behave starring their name out like that, we’re not Geordies lad.

Watch a film today and go to work tomorrow like nothings happened, leave them to it

We new it wasn't going to be good. We new it was going to be bad. In fact we new it was going to be very bad...
But the media wankfest this morning about them winning the damn thing is completely & totally off the scale!
I pulled up at my local garage to buy the Sunday newspapers ( I know, I know - why did I even think about doing it?)
to be greeted with a wall of red on the news stands.

The Daily Mail has a 13 page pull out no less with a 4 page 'souvenir edition' frontispiece! I swear if England win the next World Cup
the media adulation would not be any where near on this scale. It's completely ridiculous.

We (Man City) won an unprecedented treble and got about half a page and most of that was harping on about breaching FFP & being banned from Europe and 'Sportswashing'. It really is strange that just how disconnected the media is from its customer base. They are most hated & despised club & set of fans in the whole of British football and the media arse licking to them is truly the most sycophantic that has ever been known. That's it now for at least a week. A self imposed media blackout - a total and complete blackout. It's the only way...

More Kopities work for the sports pages than ever

Unpopular opinion, but Klopp is very similar to SAF, in terms of his management. His ability of turning substandard players like Henderson, Milner, Origi, Matip into great players on the pitch is characterisitic of SAF's management over the years. You could take out players like Henderson out of LFC and he would be straight up garbage.
You just compared someone who's won one thing to SAF who won everything and is widely considered to be one of the greatest managers ever

People need to chill out over Koeman ffs.

A dutch man with no ties or affinity to Everton, congratulates 2 of his dutch players, one who he is apparently close to and people kick off.

This type of thing will always have gone one, its just that now with social media, the general public can see it.

The counter argument will be that he's the club captain and arguably their best striker, so if he's 'fit' then he should play. However, was he match-fit and sharp? No.

I'm more confused as why Alli was picked over Moura, as from the snippets I saw and the reviews I've read he was absolutely gash - again!
If I was a Spurs fan this morning I'd be asking questions over the performances of key players like Eriksen and Alli, both of whom failed to turn up last night.

Liverpool were poor on the night and were there for the taking. It's unlikely Spurs will get this opportunity again for a long time.

Just a word of praise for Danny Rose. I've always questioned his attitude and commitment. Always though there was a bit of a bad'un in there who would be a disruption in the dressing room. But he was excellent last night both in attack and defence. Showed terrific mental strength and drive that I didn't think he was capable of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back