• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Champions League Final - Spurs v The Other Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The nightmare came to be reality ... 6 European cups that shower of won. I’m going to hibernate for a few days seeing as this parade is ready to kick in the levels of cringe will be high.

Not the big one. It's like getting six numbers on the lottery but finding out its 5 and the bonus ball.

30 years.

You are embarrassing yourself and our fan base how can it be 30 years when they won it in 1990 and it is now 2019. There is only one team in the City who haven't won it for 30 years or more and it is us. Then you keep on going on about us stopping them lot from winning the League. Something which is incredibly small time especially since March's draw meant we hadn't won a Derby for 19 games the worst run in our history.

Games without a winDates
19Oct 2010 to present
15Mar 1972 to Apr 1978
9Apr 2000 to Jan 2004
9Dec 1988 to Feb 1991
9Mar 1981 to Mar 1984
9Feb 1915 to Oct 1922

Got the usual smug messages off my red friends , their da’s are going the parade with carts shouting “scrap iron “ lad.

Not the big one. It's like getting six numbers on the lottery but finding out its 5 and the bonus ball.

30 years.

It’s the biggest club competition in the world mate, it’s why players demand moves from top clubs who don’t compete in it. They’ve just won it.

If it was the carling cup or even the FA Cup I wouldn’t be that arsed, this is as big as it comes. Remember how elated we all were last year, bizarre for such a Mickey Mouse cup

The Champions League is far from a little cup competition. I know it may make you feel better but it’s borderline embarrassing
The better argument is that in reality the league the honour that they strive for the most, but that doesn't diminish the CL; in reality, it's probably the most 'iconic'.

On the other way hand, for the likes of Man City while the league is a major honour it isn't really the one they now strive for - horses for courses etc.

Right now, they (the club and fans) will not be thinking about the league but in a couple of days, when it's all calmed down, that'll be where their focus will be.

I am not saying they won't still go for the CL next year, especially with all it's extra revenue and prestige, but I suspect the real focus will be on winning the league.

That is their real demon and don't let anyone of them tell you different, regardless of how happy they currently are.

The better argument is that in reality the league the honour that they strive for the most, but that doesn't diminish the CL; in reality, it's probably the most 'iconic'.

On the other way hand, for the likes of Man City while the league is a major honour it isn't really the one they now strive for - horses for courses etc.

Right now, they (the club and fans) will not be thinking about the league but in a couple of days, when it's all calmed down, that'll be where their focus will be.

I am not saying they won't still go for the CL next year, especially with all it's extra revenue and prestige, but I suspect the real focus will be on winning the league.

That is their real demon and don't let anyone of them tell you different, regardless of how happy they currently are.

Oh they’d love to win, and bar 2 points would have. A league and European Cup double was 1 Michael Keane tackle away from happening.

It’ll be there’s within 3 years though, I’ll bet my house on it

You are embarrassing yourself and our fan base how can it be 30 years when they won it in 1990 and it is now 2019. There is only one team in the City who haven't won it for 30 years or more and it is us. Then you keep on going on about us stopping them lot from winning the League. Something which is incredibly small time especially since March's draw meant we hadn't won a Derby for 19 games the worst run in our history.

Games without a winDates
19Oct 2010 to present
15Mar 1972 to Apr 1978
9Apr 2000 to Jan 2004
9Dec 1988 to Feb 1991
9Mar 1981 to Mar 1984
9Feb 1915 to Oct 1922

Chill out my fellow blue. It's all banter.

30 years though.

It’s the biggest club competition in the world mate, it’s why players demand moves from top clubs who don’t compete in it. They’ve just won it.

If it was the carling cup or even the FA Cup I wouldn’t be that arsed, this is as big as it comes. Remember how elated we all were last year, bizarre for such a Mickey Mouse cup

It's a better then nowt but it's just a cup competition that ajax came close to winning and the likes of Dortmund, Porto and Valencia have won.

Its ephemeral. Will be forgotten by the time England win the league of nations.

Losing the league at goodison will sting for the rest of their lives.

All facts, it's the only currency I use.

Then you're demented.

Fitness tests and scans galore wouldve been performed befor Kane was deemed fit.
Steal a goal? He was just saying he thought he touched it.

Refusing to pass to sterling? Kane is perhaps the best finisher in world football.

Modern football fans are so so odd.
Coming from the guy who claimed none of Mohamed Salah’s goals count because he’s fast.

Ok mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back