• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Champions League Final - Spurs v The Other Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what happens when a manager bows to player power, and selects the unfit striker who hasn't played for weeks, over the hero of the semi final. What message does that send to the rest of the squad? Appalling management.
The counter argument will be that he's the club captain and arguably their best striker, so if he's 'fit' then he should play. However, was he match-fit and sharp? No.

I'm more confused as why Alli was picked over Moura, as from the snippets I saw and the reviews I've read he was absolutely gash - again!

What this latest fiasco has brought home to me is that I'm bloody fed up of us doing sweet FA every single season other then just exist amd hoping that other teams beat the scum to prevent things from being even worse. I want some goddam ambition from this club and i want it now. No more excuses, this trophy drought has gone on for far to long. The cups have to be our priority next year.

Yeah it was but can't change that now, head down and crack on (and dont ever let them forget why)You know as well as I do that next season this will be forgotten when we meet the [Poor language removed] again and hopefully we go for their throats. Neither of us are the best team in England and whatever they say that will burn with them. The thing that annoys me most is their attempt to hijack we shall not be moved. In Liverpool that is our song.
And means a damn sight more when sung when you are staring down the barrel of relegation. Especially when you are the team that has been in the top flight more than any other.
Problem is mate I can see them winning more including the prem before we do. As for our song, the RS Liverpool media will soon turn that one round.

Pochettino team talk at 19.50;
"Keep it tight lads. Don't give them a goal or a soft penalty in the first minute."
Pochettino team talk at 20.01;
"What do I do now? Any ideas??"
I'd be devastated if we failed to turn up like that in a final.
The loss I could handle. The lack of drive and effort would be un forgivable.

I haven't got a clue what they obsess over, you must know being in Ireland where it's full of them over there.

Moving on though.

Interesting they had the Atletico home dressing room and also played a very Simeone style game,which is get a goal and park the bus and hit opposition on the break, they seem to have that ability now to play a defensive pragmatic style as well as with the Klopp pressing game.
FB_IMG_1536529617048.webp

Nah who needs him. I must be waterproofed to any of their lairy '6 times baby' chavrionics. Let them rightly celebrate their arses off... grit your teeth, stay indifferent to their cultish hysteria which at least endorses just how much you wouldnt want to be be one of them.
Same here. Been around since their emergence 1964 onwards so completely insulated now. Credit where it's due to the team that won it. But right on cue this morning woke up to numerous texts from RS that know me, some I haven't spoken to in years giving it the big six and so on. Surely our day will come soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back