The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone clock on to the fact it looks like they agreed for it to be confidential when they sat down to talk and not in the arrangement?

BU went in there with the aim to report the meeting. Everyone must have known that.

Very gulable to a point where I'm sure kenwright and elstone still think everyone is nice and honest in the world, where contracts are signed by handshakes

Doesn't make it right mate, they come out of it looking worse than Kenwright weirdly enough if true.

I've said it before, the club will hang themselves so play a straight game with them.

Doesn't make it right mate, they come out of it looking worse than Kenwright weirdly enough if true.

I've said it before, the club will hang themselves so play a straight game with them.

I've agreed its not right after being told not to. But its still pure naivety.

Its like bringing a serial thief into your house and telling not to rob your new telly....he's gonna do it

Blue Union statement just been released:

The Blue Union had a meeting this evening, held in response to the scurrilous allegations directed towards The Blue Union by the Club, the press and ex-deputy leaders of Liverpool City Council.

We can confirm we stand by the three representatives who met with Bill Kenwright and produced an accurate account of the meeting.

Furthermore we can confirm that no confidentiality agreement was breached, and any requests to keep certain aspects off the record, have thus far been ‘respected’ and adhered to.

The Blue Union will be holding a public meeting on Saturday 3rd September, at the Casa, on Hope Street. The meeting will commence from midday, more details will follow in the coming days.

Finally, good luck to the team tomorrow. We will be there as ever and cheering the Blues on to three points.

The Blue Union

Thought it'd be that.

Bill a liar? Say it aint so.

I've agreed its not right after being told not to. But its still pure naivety.

Its like bringing a serial thief into your house and telling not to rob your new telly....he's gonna do it

Naive? Kenwright didn't have to give them a meeting but he did, no matter what we think of the fella that's fair play as you wouldn't see the Glazers, dead Doug etc doing it. They stabbed him in the back mate, out of order. They have no moral high ground to take any more.

Asking what he expected isn't a justification mate. The fanbase is divided enough without our name being dragged through the mud as it is now.

Piss poor situation

The board esp. Bill Kenwright - look like fools
The Blue Union / Evertonians for Change - look like fools

Result ... score-draw

Anyone clock on to the fact it looks like they agreed for it to be confidential when they sat down to talk and not in the arrangement?

BU went in there with the aim to report the meeting. Everyone must have known that.

Very gulable to a point where I'm sure kenwright and elstone still think everyone is nice and honest in the world, where contracts are signed by handshakes

dan-gosling.jpg

Went a bit weirdly quiet this thread. Not a bad thing, so I'm bumping it. Interesting article here.

David Moyes has dismissed fears of an impending financial crisis at Everton by insisting he has not relinquished control of player trading to Barclays Bank and does not have to conduct a fire sale to protect the club's future.

The Everton manager was in bullish mood ahead of the club's first game of the season, against a Queens Park Rangers team under new ownership in Tony Fernandes, despite being unable to make any signings this summer due to the club's overdraft being capped at £25m. Everton have given in excess of £10m to Barclays this year – money raised from the sales of Steven Pienaar, James Vaughan, a former training ground and a £1m loan fee from Leicester City for Yakubu Ayegbeni.

And Moyes expects proceeds from any further sales to head the same way as the club meet the bank's restrictions for the Premier League campaign. The club raised a further £2m on Friday by selling Joseph Yobo to Fenerbache.

Moyes said it will be "a struggle" for Everton to finish in the top half of the table and confirmed that every player is available at the right price, albeit in the same way that Arsenal and Manchester United ultimately sold Cesc Fábregas and Cristiano Ronaldo respectively. He denied, however, that another summer of financial constraint had left him disillusioned with life at Goodison Park or that he is under pressure to further reduce Everton's total £45m debt by selling players such as Phil Jagielka and Mikel Arteta, both of whom have been coveted by Arsène Wenger.

"I would never let the club get into a situation where it could have the problems that we've seen at other clubs," Moyes said. "I would never let that happen. But, unless I am getting told different, that isn't the situation at the moment. We are OK. If it got to that point, I would have to accept offers that have far less value than what is getting offered at this present time.

"I don't think the club is in a position where I need to sacrifice. I don't want to sell some of my top players because I want to keep us competitive in the Premier League and still in with a chance of doing well. If the bank comes and says: 'We are shutting the doors', then of course I would have to do it. I am only here as a football manager, not as the business, but it is me who makes the decisions. Not the bank, unless I get told different."

Moyes's contract stipulates that he has complete control over football matters at Everton and the bank has not seized that power. "I wouldn't be sat in this chair now if I wasn't in control," he said. "I've got a really good chairman [Bill Kenwright] and we work hard together to try and get the best team we can. Unless I am told any different, I make the decisions. It is down to me who does and doesn't go."

The Everton manager conceded that three years without a net spend on players will hinder the squad's prospects this season, and it has taken its toll on him. He said: "There are parts of it that become tiring but just because you don't have any cash it doesn't mean you give in, or stop giving 100% or stop preparing your players properly." But, amid growing concern among Evertonians that Moyes will walk away, he denied that prospect is looming. He added: "I have got all the players here and brought them here. Who knows? We could have a new owner in a month's time, a year's time. It could all change. We might find that we get investment."

Everton's parlous finances and failure to attract new investment were made public this week when The Blue Union, a coalition of supporters' groups, released a transcript of a recent meeting with Kenwright. The club has dropped the threat of legal action against the group for recording the conversation without permission but, with rival clubs now acutely aware of Everton's financial plight as they consider bids for Moyes's players, the Scot is livid at their actions.

He said: "It is totally unacceptable to go in to what is a confidential meeting and then tape the proceedings. I really feel for my chairman."

In the transcript, Kenwright is quoted as saying only four Everton players – Jagielka, Leighton Baines, Marouane Fellaini and Tim Howard – are not for sale. Moyes, however, said: "Everybody at Everton is available. Everybody. But that is the same at every club. Fábregas was available at Arsenal. Ronaldo was available at Manchester United. I think the chairman was just trying to make a point."

Everton's plight was explained to Moyes at an end-of-season meeting with Kenwright in May. He has since tried and failed to make three permanent signings, including Charles N'Zogbia, but remains confident that Jagielka, subject of a £12m bid from Arsenal last month, will not agitate for a move to the Emirates Stadium.

Moyes said: "I have had two or three conversations with Jags and he is up-to-date with everything and anything that has happened. He has said to me that unless it is something Everton want to do, he is not going to be the one who instigates or pushes anything. It will only be if Everton want to do it and I certainly don't want to do it."

Despite the restrictions, the Everton manager said there is leeway for the club to improve Fellaini's contract, which has two years left to run. "I think the chairman is moving much closer to agreeing a deal with Fellaini," Moyes said. "I think we are moving towards that now. I can't tell you exactly whether it will happen, but there have been several conversations and I think we are moving much closer towards that now."

More promising on Fellaini at the bottom there and may I take the time to say no matter what happens with Jagielka, f*cking nice one. You're twice the man and defender Lescott is.

That's great news there Chico.

If Fella signs a new deal i'll over le moon.

Edit: Btw I only actually read what you wrote I'm too tired to read the article, soz!

Moyes said: "I have had two or three conversations with Jags and he is up-to-date with everything and anything that has happened. He has said to me that unless it is something Everton want to do, he is not going to be the one who instigates or pushes anything. It will only be if Everton want to do it and I certainly don't want to do it."

Jagielka, a Prince among rats.

And some of you wanted to sell Him, tut tut tut.

Blue Union statement just been released:

The Blue Union had a meeting this evening, held in response to the scurrilous allegations directed towards The Blue Union by the Club, the press and ex-deputy leaders of Liverpool City Council.

We can confirm we stand by the three representatives who met with Bill Kenwright and produced an accurate account of the meeting.

Furthermore we can confirm that no confidentiality agreement was breached, and any requests to keep certain aspects off the record, have thus far been ‘respected’ and adhered to.

The Blue Union will be holding a public meeting on Saturday 3rd September, at the Casa, on Hope Street. The meeting will commence from midday, more details will follow in the coming days.

Finally, good luck to the team tomorrow. We will be there as ever and cheering the Blues on to three points.

The Blue Union

Thought it'd be that.

Bill a liar? Say it aint so.

Ha ha veiled threat, im sorry these groups are a waste of space, congratulations in making everyone involved in this look like a belter and dragging the name of the club through the muck for no good reason.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back