The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Laughing at that ludicrous Moyes interview in the Guardian. Who's he trying to kid that he holds all the cards to play in the sale of players? Are we suppossed to believe he wanted to hand over to the bank the "money raised from the sales of Steven Pienaar, James Vaughan, a former training ground and a £1m loan fee for Yakubu"? He's the well paid hired hand who willingly does the board's dirty work for them.

This feller's turning himself into a clown, and he's storing up trouble for himself by attacking fans for having a go at getting answers to the questions ducked for years about the governance of this club. He should understand that he's not as popular as he thinks he still is and the first serious downturn in form there's going to be queues forming to demand he goes not Kenwright.

Laughing at that ludicrous Moyes interview in the Guardian. Who's he trying to kid that he holds all the cards to play in the sale of players? Are we suppossed to believe he wanted to hand over to the bank the "money raised from the sales of Steven Pienaar, James Vaughan, a former training ground and a £1m loan fee for Yakubu"? He's the well paid hired hand who willingly does the board's dirty work for them.

This feller's turning himself into a clown, and he's storing up trouble for himself by attacking fans for having a go at getting answers to the questions ducked for years about the governance of this club. He should understand that he's not as popular as he thinks he still is and the first serious downturn in form there's going to be queues forming to demand he goes not Kenwright.

Thats one point of view alright, i wouldnt blame you being a little hurt, he came out on the attack against fans with a certain opinion though.

Made me think though, Daveys no fool.

Last edited:

I think he's saying he's the one who has final say on who goes. He's got nothing to do with the finances and where the money goes though.

Its not kenwright telling him he has to sell or doing what Johnson used to do

Thats one point of view alright, i wouldnt blame you being a little hurt he came out on the attack against fans with a certain opinion though.

Made me think though Daveys no fool.

We've all known Moyes has been onboard with what Kenwright wants for a long time. My point is this: he's aggravated a swathe of fans and that wont be forgotten easily. There's plenty of blues who cant stick him for his team selections and tactics and those numbers will be swollen by people who'll see his words against that fan group as a stab in the back.

Personally, I see his importance in having kept us top half of the table for years. You cant forget that. But I couldn't care less now whether he stays or goes. He's now complicit in wrecking whatever momentum was built up between 2004-2009. For me, Moyes is part of the problem now, not the solution.

Moral of the story for Moyesie: if you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas.

I think he's saying he's the one who has final say on who goes. He's got nothing to do with the finances and where the money goes though.

Its not kenwright telling him he has to sell or doing what Johnson used to do

So he gets to choose which players go in order to balance the books. That's not much of a choice.

He's overplaying his hand here. I really dont think there's the audience willing to lap this shit up anymore. The time has long gone when Moyes could unify the fanbase. He's damaged goods in that respect.

I'm not going to create a separate thread, but this inteview with Moyes is quite informative.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/19/david-moyes-everton-bank

Oh right yeah...

Strange how this interview says exactly the opposite to what he's saying there:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/22/everton-david-moyes-buy-players?INTCMP=ILCNETTXT3487

Seven months appears to be a long time in football....

He's sitting on a golden-plated contract easing away a few years til the Man United job comes up, and our fanbase are stupid enough to go with it.

That said, he is a good manager and without him (with the way our club is financially) our decline would be rapid without him. So even a David Moyes with zero passion or impetus to improve (which is the one we have now) is better than a Dave Jones or Martin Jol.

We've all known Moyes has been onboard with what Kenwright wants for a long time. My point is this: he's aggravated a swathe of fans and that wont be forgotten easily. There's plenty of blues who cant stick him for his team selections and tactics and those numbers will be swollen by people who'll see his words against that fan group as a stab in the back.

Personally, I see his importance in having kept us top half of the table for years. You cant forget that. But I couldn't care less now whether he stays or goes. He's now complicit in wrecking whatever momentum was built up between 2004-2009. For me, Moyes is part of the problem now, not the solution.

Moral of the story for Moyesie: if you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas.

I dont know where to start with my disagreement of that in fact i think your assessment of Davey is quite mental, so im not these arguements and tired and boardsome, i also think your over estamating people who share your opinion - from what ive seen and read.

I do think we would be relagated without Davey. For me at least thats a bad thing, though im not so sure it would be for you with Kenwright at the helm.

Last edited:
This is the clincher...

"We made an offer to get Mbokani on loan, for his wages and the loan fee which was the best we could have done but I think Monaco have bigger, permanent offers in for him," Moyes said. "There are not many clubs who would let a player go out on loan six months after spending £7m on him."

And then...

On 9 August 2011 [Mbokani] signed a contract with Anderlecht for a fee of €3 million (around £2.7m).

I dont know where to start with my disagreement of that in fact i think your assessment of Davey is quite mental, so im not these arguements and tired and boardsome, i also think your over estamating people who share your opinion - from what ive seen and read.

I do think we would be relagated without Davey. For me at least thats a bad thing, though im not so sure it would be for you with Kenwright at the helm.

Watershed year this one. Change is in the air. Regardless of any sympathy many blues will have with a transcribed interview apparently being leaked without full permission, there's zero good will in the bank for anyone at Goodison - that goes for Moyes as well as Kenwright.

Watershed year this one. Change is in the air. Regardless of any sympathy many blues will have with a transcribed interview apparently being leaked without full permission, there's zero good will in the bank for anyone at Goodison - that goes for Moyes as well as Kenwright.

TBF mate, its said every year. I would abandon the Moyes stuff mate, if your mushroom picking a few frustrated fans here, its unlikely to get much traction - especialy as melt season ends shortly and a couple of players will be coming in.

Last edited:

You're a joke you.

If you seriously think the majority are taking that line.

Moyes has UNEQUIVOCAL support as the best man to lead Everton FC.

Even if he's got a pair of handcuffs on due to weakness on the commercial side. Which isn't Moyes fault. He's a football manager not a commercial director! FFS

You KEIOC nutters really need to get off your high horses. Attempting to pigeon hole Moyes into your board room shenanigans.

You're clueless Davek. Clueless.

Last edited:
I really love all these little sayings of yours, they're a boss way to end posts. Where do you get them from, if you make them up then it's a huge talent.

I use them when arguing with her sometimes.

It's down to pure, unadulterated fury.

TBF mate, its said every year. I would abandon the Moyes stuff mate, if your mushroom picking a few frustrated fans here, its unlikely to get much traction - especialy as melt season ends shortly and a couple of players will be coming in.

Moyes is popular. The point which you ignored is that he's lost his ability to unify the support because he's increasingly soiled by his association with Kenwright - and he undeniably is overseeing a period of decline which make his own claim to be ambitious completely laughable. There'll be growing discontent with Moyes. It's not what any of us ever wanted, but there it is.

You're a joke you.

If you seriously think the majority are taking that line.

Moyes has UNEQUIVOCAL support as the best man to lead Everton FC.

Even if he's got a pair of handcuffs on due to weakness on the commercial side. Which isn't Moyes fault. He's a football manager not a commercial director! FFS

You KEIOC nutters really need to get off your high horses. Attempting to pigeon hole Moyes into your board room shenanigans.

You're clueless Davek. Clueless.

You dont matter.

You dont matter.

Yeah that's right isn't it Davek.

KEIOC tyranny. Our way or no way.

You're the sort to perpetrate an Ides of March at Everton if you had your way. Stab in the back style.
800px-Cesar-sa_mort.jpg

Don't accept tyranny. By KEIOC or any other name.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back