The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The aim was to get the national media talking about Everton and why the club has not been sold etc.

There have been several pieces written in the past month by chief sports writers and the like, many highly critical of the Kenwright regime.

The protest is just another step in that process. The BU are already on thier way to achieving what they set out to do, not for personal gain, notoriety or to curry favour with people, just to do what they believe is in the best interests of Everton Football Club,something that is a part of mine and many of yours heritage.

I don't see why so many are so quick to dismiss what they are hoping to achieve.

Sure, there'd be no precedent set but it doesn't mean its the preferable cause of action if you are Mr Kenwright. We've got to stop pretending that EFC exists within this bubble of fandom. It's a business, owned by business people. They will do their utmost to make money from their position. Which is no different than any proposed new owner.

There have only been two fairy god mothers in English football - Roman Abromavich and Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan - and we've yet to see how those two stories pan out in the long run.

A little presumptuous to find a third I think, especially when both clubs had stadiums fit for purpose when they were bought (although chelsea want to expand by 10k now).

Find me an Evertonian who can answer my question about how a potential investor can make money from EFC within current business models (and without resorting to fairy tales) and I'll be out there with a banner myself trying to oust Kenwright.

???The exact same way the glazers are about to sell 25% of Man Utd for almost what the paid to buy the whole club. Just on a smaller scale to begin with. It's not about taking dividends, rather the re-sale value a savvy businessman could achieve by putting the club on a better footing, building a winning team on the pitch and boosting the commercial aspects of the club.

"Kenwright talking with potential buyers"

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...nwright-talking-with-potential-buyers?cc=5739

Everton chairman Bill Kenwright has had three meetings this week with potential buyers for the club, ESPNsoccernet can reveal.

Interested parties from the Far East, Europe and China have all made approaches for the cash-strapped Merseyside club. Kenwright has accepted that a new owner is needed to take the club to the highest level.

It has been a frustrating summer for the Toffees after just two significant signings arrived on transfer deadline day in shape of Denis Stracqualursi and Royston Drenthe on loan deals. Meanwhile, key midfielder Mikel Arteta departed Goodison Park for Arsenal for £10 million.

The Blue Union, the Everton supporters' group, now intend to vent their frustration over the running of the club with a march prior to Saturday's Premier League home meeting with Aston Villa.

Kenwright, who doubles up as a highly successful theatrical impresario, is working hard behind the scenes, and feeling heavy pressure to drive through a sale that would help lift the club and assist manager David Moyes.

A close friend of Kenwright's told ESPNsoccernet: "It is laughable that some fans are demanding that someone comes in to sell the club when Bill is trying so hard to bring in fresh investment. Let me tell you there is no better salesman, no-one better equipped to sing the praises of Everton and to sell the club."

Kenwright, who is as frustrated as any genuine fan about the club's plight, is already reeling from being deeply let down when he opened his heart to a small group of Everton supporters, one of whom recorded the confidential comments and made them public. In spite of this, the native Liverpudlian continues to work around the clock to bring in new finance.

It all sounds like spin to me. As someone mentioned, with the protest coming up this weekend they are trying to throw a spanner in the works.

I actually thought that it was a serious article, until I read the comments of a close friend of Bill Kenwright. Smacks of laziness within the communications department!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back