Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind foreign money coming in to the club (we need it to be fair) but I would also like to see part of the ownership is retained by someone here not saying it should be BK. I worry that we could end up with owners similar those who own Blackburn or worse not necessarily a Roman Abramovich who I will admit has put money in to their academy and youth sport.

How many have there been ?

Fair question, if you mean how many clubs have mega bucks owners; Citeh obviously, slightly down the pecking order, Arsenal, RS, Spurs, Villa, Newcastle, (maybe), Sland, PSG, that mob in Russia. Probably more. Now I know most of them are not in Romans league financially, but none have had sustained, or in most cases, any, success due to their riches.

But why is the only choice a Chelsea situation or a Blackburn situation? There are other teams who have decent owners who don't spend silly amounts of money but still run their clubs well, much better than us. We've got more of a chance of ending up with a Daniel Levy than a Venky's imo. Our neighbours have a fine ownership, I'd have either of them them, Lerner, Ashley, etc. in fact there are more owners preferable to the current board than not.

Look at the chelsea fans now thought they are hating thier sitution . They have being stuck with the fat spanish waiter. They won the champions league by pure luck last year . They had there most succesful time with mourihno in charge but he left because of disagreements with the russian . Now imagine if that happened to us and we got stuck with the fat spanish waiter . People would be hanging them selfs . Im not saying that takeover is bad but we need to find the right owners

Redcoat talk right there

Dell

I'm interested in the comments that there were many clubs hurt by the NTL failure. As a well educated, highly paid, business high flyer in business I'm sure you can elaborate on that with names of the clubs and how effected. My recollection was we were the one club with an imminent outstanding deal to be signed ?

A busy thread tonight...some might want to have a look at the latest comments from Colin Fitz regarding Green and Goodison Park

here.......http://www.toffeeweb.com/season/12-13/comment/mailbag/24163.html

Sort of reinforces the fact that he's a total arsehole.

'In those debts, you won't find a penny owed to Kenwright or any other director. Bill may have mortgaged his house but it wasn't for anything to do with the club's finances.'

Oh that's a whopper and no denying it.

Kenwright caused a split?

Bollocks.

Firstly it's not a split.

I personally think about 90% of the fans either support Kenwright, tolerate him or just don't want to get involved. The remaining 10% are against him.

Secondly if the Blue Union just had an ounce of intelligence then they'd have been able to manage the whole situation ten times better. The BU caused the split you talk about.

Haha it was the Blue Union that caused the split, I'm pretty sure it was not there idea to build a stadium in Kirkby.

Listen, that attempt to move to Kirkby did split the fanbase. Even worse, we was told lies by the club. From Wyness and Bill, sugar coat it all you want but Bill did split the fanbase.

Fair question, if you mean how many clubs have mega bucks owners; Citeh obviously, slightly down the pecking order, Arsenal, RS, Spurs, Villa, Newcastle, (maybe), Sland, PSG, that mob in Russia. Probably more. Now I know most of them are not in Romans league financially, but none have had sustained, or in most cases, any, success due to their riches.

Great post. This idea of there being a bountiful supply of successful takeover deals is simply not true. The idea that there is though is central to the haters view of this whole scenario. Rock the boat, drive Kenwright out and a new sugar daddy will rock up any second. Rubbish. Absolute rubbish.

About five of them aren't 'megabucks' owners at all.

Half of those teams have given their managers money to spend and the money has been blown. That wouldn't happen under Moyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back