Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
On 8th May the Shareholders’ Association gave notice to the club that we had secured the required votes to force them to call a Company General Meeting. The notice was sent via email to Company Secretary Grant Ingles and hand delivered to the Park End reception for his attention. Later that week we received confirmation from Mr Ingles that he had received the notice. He also requested the opportunity to review our “evidence” of support for the requisition.

The club not only has the right to see this information, as Company Secretary Mr Ingles has a duty to the club, and to us as shareholders,to ensure any such requisition is being made by genuine shareholders who collectively own more than 5% of the company. So we arranged to hand over to Mr Ingles copies of all the votes received from shareholders around the world at our previously scheduled quarterly meeting with club executives on 17th May.

To the left you can see the Association’s Hon. Secretary, James Asquith, giving Dixie a quick look at the folder before heading in to Goodison Park for the handover. James had a separate 5 minute meeting with Mr Ingles ahead of the main meeting to explain how the evidence had been organised and presented to allow the club to most easily validate it’s legitimacy.

Mr Ingles seemed pleased that we’d taken so much trouble to make his job easier and explained that the directors would be briefed at the next board meeting which he said was scheduled for the following Monday (20th May).

Mr Ingles then queried when the Association felt the “clock should start ticking” on the legal schedule for the General Meeting. It was agreed that the previously delivered “notice” did not constitute the club becoming “subject to the requisition” and that the 21 day period for giving notice of the Meeting should commence there and then.

Consequently, the Everton Shareholders’ Association would like to alert all shareholders to expect their invitation to the General Meeting to be in the post by the 7th of June (i.e. within the next 2 weeks).

If any shareholder feels their address information may not be up to date they should refer to the Change of Circumstances page on the club website. If your details are correct but you have not received an invitation by 12th June at the latest, it may have been lost by Royal Mail. In such a situation, we suggest you contact the club directly to ensure you will be allowed into the meeting.

The EGM agenda gets more interesting by the day.

http://www.efcsa.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Minutes-Quarterly-Meeting-with-EFC-CEO-170513.pdf

In summary Mr Elstone said that the crest looks great on the shirt and Mr Tyrrell said that the badge is consistent
and respectful of the club heritage both in size and imagery.
He felt that the majority of supporters will agree
especially after they have seen the badge in the context of the crest evolution over the last 70-80 years in a
forthcoming article that will appear on the official website

Darren recently advised us that “ … we would have to approve any Shareholders Association guest list for an
event here at Goodison Park and reserve the right to reject any guests on that list we would deem unwelcome …”

This was both a surprise and rather disappointing as such vetting had not occurred previously.
Mr Elstone explained that this was, as explained and documented in the previous meeting, consistent with the
desire of the Club not to knowingly associate with members of the Blue Union.

Last edited:

Planet Hollywood founder gets taste for UK

Mr Earl, the British-born entrepreneur who also led the expansion of the Hard Rock Café, is working on plans to transplant his Earl of Sandwich and Buca di Beppo concepts to his home country.

Mr Earl, who is a director of and investor in Everton Football Club, is targeting 100-plus sites for his Earl of Sandwich gourmet sandwich chain, from its initial site near St Paul’s Cathedral in the City of London.

He has bought the perpetual rights to the name from the current Earl of Sandwich, John Montagu, whose ancestor is famed with creating the humble sandwich while commanding the Navy as First Sea Lord.

Mr Earl is believed to be negotiating a deal to locate the chain at a network of motorway service stations in the UK, as well as working on rolling out the brand across Europe and the Middle East. Earl Enterprises is in talks with a number of railway stations and airports for the hot sandwich chain, including Stansted and East Midlands.

In addition, he plans to roll out more Buca di Beppo restaurants, which are based on the concept of “family-style” Italian food placed in large dishes in the centre of the table for sharing, from its existing base of five sites in the UK, all of which are located at Village hotels.

I'm not aware of Mr Earl putting a single penny into Everton Football Club. Am I wrong?

im resigned into seeing us rot until our ****bag fans finally chase these Redcoats out, which will never happen so not arsed anymore let them **** us up the arse might even enjoy it

disgusting, have you noticed they've mentioned interaction with a fans forum and shareholders - they didn't mention everton's though. They've only gone and asked RAWK for their opinions on the new badge ffs

"We wont allow anyone connected with the Blue Union to attend the meeting".
I take that to be specifically Dave Kelly.What is he worried about?
Dave Kelly from what I have seen would wipe the floor with him in open debate,surely he should encourage an open meeting with all parties.None of the Blue Union members would be attending the meeting in that respect.
Dave Kelly is an elected member of the Shareholder Association,he has a right to be there.
In my opinion Robert Elstone has displayed his obvious weakness and lack of confidence to engage Mr Kelly in debate.

"We wont allow anyone connected with the Blue Union to attend the meeting".
I take that to be specifically Dave Kelly.What is he worried about?
Dave Kelly from what I have seen would wipe the floor with him in open debate,surely he should encourage an open meeting with all parties.None of the Blue Union members would be attending the meeting in that respect.
Dave Kelly is an elected member of the Shareholder Association,he has a right to be there.
In my opinion Robert Elstone has displayed his obvious weakness and lack of confidence to engage Mr Kelly in debate.

The more the RS Elstone involves himself, the more he gets out of his depth.

Its obvious he hasnt the knowledge of our club he thinks he has and this will be shown once again at the EGM.

As for him dictating who the EFCSA bring to meetings reminds me how the spoof Hitler video that does the rounds accurately portrays them at the club.

The more the RS Elstone involves himself, the more he gets out of his depth.

Its obvious he hasnt the knowledge of our club he thinks he has and this will be shown once again at the EGM.

As for him dictating who the EFCSA bring to meetings reminds me how the spoof Hitler video that does the rounds accurately portrays them at the club.

This could be the summer and season that breaks the cold icy soulless grip on the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back