Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, the fans could only vote on what they were given, it took a PE top get to the bottom of it all in the end which was never going to be shared with the fanbase before the vote.

I'm very pleased in retrospect it didn't now. Hence why I now loathe to criticise fellow blues who have a different idea from you. Sometimes you're right but sometimes you're wrong. Keioc were very much right.

Who can square these facts/opinions for me, because I can't.

1. Everton are a more attractive club to a buyer than Fulham.

2. Fulham sold for £200m (or £150m if you like).

3. Everton are for sale for £120m.

4. Everton are overvalued.

TIA

Well obviously Everton arent more attractive for buyers than Fulham. Or the club are reluctant sellers. Take your pick.

Well obviously Everton arent more attractive for buyers than Fulham. Or the club are reluctant sellers. Take your pick.

Zackly. Both IMO. Just making the obvious point that if some buyer chooses someone else it might be just because he fancies owning them more regardless of price.

BK obviously doesn't love the club to such a degree that he would give away a few million quid of profit by allowing it to go for an attractive price.

The question is, would you or I, if we were in his shoes?

Zackly. Both IMO. Just making the obvious point that if some buyer chooses someone else it might be just because he fancies owning them more regardless of price.

BK obviously doesn't love the club to such a degree that he would give away a few million quid of profit by allowing it to go for an attractive price.

I certainly wouldn't sit back and watch the club fall further and further behind.
He doesn't deserve to make a penny out of this club, all he has done is bought it with debt and say back and watch his share value increase due to the increased television money.
'The Greatest Evertonian' it's a load of rubbish, he's no fan of us, he's a fan of his greed and takin us along for the ride no matter what the cost to the future of Everton.

Most know when they have outstayed their welcome....14 years tells me that they don,t care and no longer listen to you or I.

When the fanbase "get that" the point of critical mass will not be long coming for the custodians.

Most know when they have outstayed their welcome....14 years tells me that they don,t care and no longer listen to you or I.

When the fanbase "get that" the point of critical mass will not be long coming for the custodians.

What makes you think that the fanbase don't already 'get it'? Your patronising comment, is an insult to Evertonians imo.

The reality is that the vast majority are driven by waht happens on the pitch, it's only if things start going wrong on the grass that fingers will start pointing in numbers big enough to to equate to 'critical mass'.

Aye point there. Some restraint is needed from both sides over the whole thing, it's no good starting a movement and then polarising those who you need to get on board by being aggressive or non inclusive in your views. It would be sound to debate it without any hard feelings. Lids will make their own minds up but I would imagine it wont be long that the current owners enjoy significant goodwill.

#Meltdown Chris.

It,s not BU job or anyone else for that matter to sell the club, set the club price valuation, provide forward looking operational plans, hire a CEO or knock on bedsits (sorry). Once you accept that then the ownership and responsbility resides with a few key people who have had 14 years to address the issues.

Shadow Directors....well who let the shadow director in?.....you know the answer......so everything all comes back to the same names.

I know its NOT there job, so what the hell are they in existence for, why do they spout 'we're going to change this and that' when thats what they intend to do at all. Bottom line is that they have now become a bunch of soap-box idiots, there is a wealth of people who are stones thow away that can provide them with details they so crave (you know, to 'Change') yet they have done nout. No publicity, no marches, 1 meeting in 18 months yet they claim to be this group of Knowledge. Like I said, I supported them to start off with and now they are just a website and social media fed group.

Some real nonsense there Chris - patronising the wrong guy too, as Snapper knows perfectly well exactly how the club is run.

The board of directors appoints the the CEO? I bet Earl and Woods really rule the roost over BK eh! One has barely set foot inside Goodison and the other is the ultimate in wet lettuce 'yes men'.

If its nonsense then please highlight which part and we'll discuss, otherwise its just another through away statement that means nothing.

It amazes and appalls me in equal measure that anyone could defend these gangsters in the boardroom and attack those prepared to question them. A serf mentality that's horrible to behold in this day and age. You'd think it was the 1930s with the local mill owner in the hot seat and everyone compelled to doff their caps in his direction for merely taking an interest in 't'local club'.

For starters Dave i'm neither defending the board or attacking people who want them out. There is a massive difference to the lines of responsibility at Everton Football Club, and people need to understand that there are others accountable as well.

And all this talk of Khan wanting to buy Everton, oh because he was at a match with BK?? That must be true then. BK is not the owner of Everton Football Club, he his the appointed Chairman, masssive difference. There is nothing stopping anyone mounting a bid for the club.

There is nothing stopping anyone mounting a bid for the club.
This is true, however, there is clearly something stopping anyone buying the club. I'm no Warren Buffet but I'd imagine it's one of two things. A) the price is too high. Or B) the owners don't want to sell. Neither of these situations are in the best interest of Everton supporters. Have you offered your business knowledge to the Blue Union?

I know its NOT there job, so what the hell are they in existence for, why do they spout 'we're going to change this and that' when thats what they intend to do at all. Bottom line is that they have now become a bunch of soap-box idiots, there is a wealth of people who are stones thow away that can provide them with details they so crave (you know, to 'Change') yet they have done nout. No publicity, no marches, 1 meeting in 18 months yet they claim to be this group of Knowledge. Like I said, I supported them to start off with and now they are just a website and social media fed group.

If its nonsense then please highlight which part and we'll discuss, otherwise its just another through away statement that means nothing.

For starters Dave i'm neither defending the board or attacking people who want them out. There is a massive difference to the lines of responsibility at Everton Football Club, and people need to understand that there are others accountable as well.

And all this talk of Khan wanting to buy Everton, oh because he was at a match with BK?? That must be true then. BK is not the owner of Everton Football Club, he his the appointed Chairman, masssive difference. There is nothing stopping anyone mounting a bid for the club.

Chris....it,s clear you think BU are not going to help so lets swing this back to you.

The Shadow director

Who let the shadow director into the club?
Why did it happen?
When did it happen?

and how are you going to highlight that to Everton Fanbase?

This is true, however, there is clearly something stopping anyone buying the club. I'm no Warren Buffet but I'd imagine it's one of two things. A) the price is too high. Or B) the owners don't want to sell. Neither of these situations are in the best interest of Everton supporters. Have you offered your business knowledge to the Blue Union?

Or C) Nobody serisouly wants to buy the club.

I spoke to the BU about various things, inlcuding Fan Ownership and the like. It was like talking to a brick wall, the only reponse was 'it can't be done' so I gave up with them

Chris....it,s clear you think BU are not going to help so lets swing this back to you.

The Shadow director

Who let the shadow director into the club?
Why did it happen?
When did it happen?

and how are you going to highlight that to Everton Fanbase?

The BU aren't going to do anything, trust me. They've been in existence for what 36 months, and since then we've had 2 marches and 3/4 fan meetings. They've not achieved anything, I don't expect them to sell the club but as a group I expected maybe some discussions with Everton-minded business people. They have no idea what they want to do, no plan, nothing.

And to answer your question about the Shadow Director, I think you can easily do that by reading the Companies Act 2006 Section 251. OPnce you understand how that operates it'll be pretty obvious when it happend; but nobody lets it happen o lets him in.

The BU aren't going to do anything, trust me. They've been in existence for what 36 months, and since then we've had 2 marches and 3/4 fan meetings. They've not achieved anything, I don't expect them to sell the club but as a group I expected maybe some discussions with Everton-minded business people. They have no idea what they want to do, no plan, nothing.

And to answer your question about the Shadow Director, I think you can easily do that by reading the Companies Act 2006 Section 251. OPnce you understand how that operates it'll be pretty obvious when it happend; but nobody lets it happen o lets him in.

So in answer to my questions you pointed me to the company act...thats, it.

So your not going to explain how a shadow director was allowed to get into the club, who made the offer and allowed it to happen?

How do you expect the fanbase to listen to your side of the story when you can,t explain your position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back