Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst the vast majority of posters on this forum are willing even keen to debate all things Everton,there is a small minority who's agenda is to bash the club for whatever trivial reason they can conjure up.
Now I'am a member of a various other Everton forums. Yesterday a known bunion stalwart labeled Martinez as a "lovey dovey Kenwright yes man " When Roberto had the temerity to state he's very impressed with Bill Kenwright.
I know for certain the clown posts on here, Beyond belief,and coming form a self proclaimed Evertonian too !

If the lad really is an Evertonian, then I can only compare it with those friends and family members who always criticise their own when they open their mouth. Some people are just compelled to distrust everyone close to them, while automatically believing that the grass is much greener on the other side.

I suppose some of our fans are like that too.

They 'bought' United to make money from them. They simply wouldn't have been interested in any other club except maybe Arsenal.

Overnight in May 2005, Man U went from the best well run and financially healthy side in world football to the most in debt. Having to pay £50m a year in interest payments on a garden gnomes debt. They haven't invested a dime.

Kenwright & co. would not seek to make money out of the club with a sale. Which I do not begrudge, it's economics. What was his last valuation on the collymore thing, 150 million. Not a bad profit, after re-mortgaging his house to buy the club.

With the Fellaini deal + television money how much SHOULD we have to spend?
Depends really on wages and fees we are paying for on loan players. With the fellaini deal we only get around 24.5 out of the 27.5 paid because of the nature of the clause we got for him when we bought him. we also had the Anichebe deal which is 6mil after add ons. Who knows what the addons are or how much up front we got for him. Likewise with Fellaini. If we take the McCarthy deal out of it, saying that we should/could have around 15mil to spend, maybe more.

Kenwright & co. would not seek to make money out of the club with a sale. Which I do not begrudge, it's economics. What was his last valuation on the collymore thing, 150 million. Not a bad profit, after re-mortgaging his house to buy the club.

If the club were sold for £150 million, taking the debt into account, and given that Bill K personally owns only a minority percentage of the club, and taking into account the financial inflation in football which is far above the national inflation rate, were is the 'massive profit'? I've often wondered this, when the diminishing band of usual suspects play the 'in it for the money/bleeding the club dry ' card.

Depends really on wages and fees we are paying for on loan players. With the fellaini deal we only get around 24.5 out of the 27.5 paid because of the nature of the clause we got for him when we bought him. we also had the Anichebe deal which is 6mil after add ons. Who knows what the addons are or how much up front we got for him. Likewise with Fellaini. If we take the McCarthy deal out of it, saying that we should/could have around 15mil to spend, maybe more.

less 5m for Martinez compensation and the fee for Robles. Less the loan fees outside of the wages. Less 5m for Kone.

There's pretty much nothing left from the Fellaini/Vic sales.

If the club were sold for £150 million, taking the debt into account, and given that Bill K personally owns only a minority percentage of the club, and taking into account the financial inflation in football which is far above the national inflation rate, were is the 'massive profit'? I've often wondered this, when the diminishing band of usual suspects play the 'in it for the money/bleeding the club dry ' card.

Apparently, if you own Everton you're not allowed to try to make a profit for your shareholders.

less 5m for Martinez compensation and the fee for Robles. Less the loan fees outside of the wages. Less 5m for Kone.

There's pretty much nothing left from the Fellaini/Vic sales.
I'm fairly certain we had some money to cover Kone and Robles. We hadn't used all the Rodwell money, and players had come off contract reducing the impact of their wages. Martinez compensation was NOT $5mil. I heard 1.5

Still a fair whack of profit, Steve, do you not agree. Anyway go to out now, enjoy the game today boys. COYB.

I'm fairly certain we had some money to cover Kone and Robles. We hadn't used all the Rodwell money, and players had come off contract reducing the impact of their wages. Martinez compensation was NOT $5mil. I heard 1.5

Highly doubt all this - til Johnny and jelavic go we won't have a penny

Still a fair whack of profit, Steve, do you not agree. Anyway go to out now, enjoy the game today boys. COYB.

If we take the quoted/rumoured/plucked out of thin air figure of £150 million as relatively accurate, and assume that the sellers clear the debt....any profit is vastly reduced. If the figure includes an amount to clear/take over the debt, it means that the club is effectively sold for slightly more than £100 million, again reducing any profit. Either way, the sellers either pay the debt from their 'take', or take a smaller amount because the buyer clears the debt. Accountants(real ones, not pseudos) amongst you could probably explain more clearly, and tell me whether what I say is correct!!

Shares values can go down too.

So how are the shares doing, currently? They are not quoted because Everton are not listed on the Stock Exchange, like for example, Man Utd. Shares in Everton , from my perspective of limited knowledge, are more like debentures at Wimbledon or Twickenham, and simply entitle the owner to a vote and some limited perks. I could be very wrong there, but I'm sure someone will correct me. Again, a proper expert,please, not an internet pseudo fountain of all knowledge!:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back