Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
£1200 the last time I was told (summer).

Perks? All but gone, taken away by the board. They dont even get a say at meetings, thats mainly down to them not having meetings.

£1200 the last time I was told (summer).

Perks? All but gone, taken away by the board. They dont even get a say at meetings, thats mainly down to them not having meetings.

I'm not a shareholder and never have been. What exactly do you get/or did you get for owning a share or shares? Regarding the meetings which the majority shareholders stopped...and trying to look at the decision from the outside, with no particular knowledge, was their reason that certain individuals/factions had a declared intent to continually call egms to cause disruption and as a way of promoting their 'case' ? Obviously theres another side to that, and there are always reasons to question the actions of the majority. I think that the problem with the 'anti board/BK' people is that there is no clear leadership, and no real alternative suggestion to 'improve things'. Most 'rebellions' in any area fail because rebels tend to be an assortment of small groups with different aims, ranging from a serious attempt to do good, to simply subversion.

As I said you now dont get much, shareholders have a dedicated contact within admin though :).

In the old days you could get discounts etc, but not now.

Hi Steve (Wigan)

Shareholders of a business get a vote and a say in how a business is run, invaraibly the majority shareholders just ignore the rest.
Also Shareholders get a divdend if the business makes a profit.

As for the other matter you raised, if the club's current shareholders sold their stake to a new buyer I reckon the asking price would reflect that the business is carrying a debt but the debt is that of the club not the shareholders.

So we have a new owner who has bought the shares, no money has gone into the club's bank. It will be upto the new owner to put money into the club (investement) by loan or gift to;-

1) Clear the debt
2) To refurb the stadium or build a new one,
3) to build on the playing staff,
4) Regain ownership of FF.

At this point in time our curent lot have neither the money or inclination to do any of this but to keep plodding along.

I am just stating some facts, this is not an approval of the current mangement or a disapproval.

Last edited:

If the club were sold for £150 million, taking the debt into account, and given that Bill K personally owns only a minority percentage of the club, and taking into account the financial inflation in football which is far above the national inflation rate, were is the 'massive profit'? I've often wondered this, when the diminishing band of usual suspects play the 'in it for the money/bleeding the club dry ' card.

He personally would make a profit of around 32m, give or take a few bob.

Fine, not going to argue, I bow to your superior knowledge on dividends. Still a minor point, and not dealing at all with the other comments.

A minor point or not, you introduced it to the discussion as fact.

I have had shares in easyjet for many years now (bought at £1.90 per share) and only received two dividends, despite it making profits every year.

Last edited:
I know enough to know that Bluesnapper is correct. I'm sure we have many differing opinions, but absolute facts are indisputable.

I think the only difference is with this board we have.

I am of the opinion that the board is holding the club back and we will never get back to the top of English football with this crowd.

Our business hasnt grown now for probably five years despite all the money thats swishing about. We need hard nosed businessmen in control with a strong feel for English football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back