Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This keeps getting corrected but it seems no one is listening.

The Fellaini money is already gone. It's been broken down in squillions of posts.

roughly:

fella/vic = 33m
less

martinez comp = 2m
Robles = 3m
McCarthy = 13m
Kone = 5m
Loan fees and wages = 10m
___
0m

Yes, we save on Fella's wages and Vic's wages, but we added 7 players to the squad (the 2 wiganites who never play, Kone, Lukaku, Barry, Macca, Del). The loan fees and wages of our 3 loanees are thus an added expense.

byebye Fellaini money, we barely knew ya.

completely wrong IMO, if that was the case how did we have the cash for RM, Robles, Kone etc. BEFORE we flogged Felli? did we spend the lescott money prior to his sale or the rooney money?

For me we have around £10 mil per season left of the new TV revenue which roughly what we spent prior to flogging felli and bringing McCarthy in

completely wrong IMO, if that was the case how did we have the cash for RM, Robles, Kone etc. BEFORE we flogged Felli? did we spend the lescott money prior to his sale or the rooney money?

For me we have around £10 mil per season left of the new TV revenue which roughly what we spent prior to flogging felli and bringing McCarthy in

Yes, you can spend money prior to sales. That's why we have an overdraft, and why we can use TV Revenue before it goes back to the interest payments and the fabled other operating costs.

Yes, you can spend money prior to sales. That's why we have an overdraft, and why we can use TV Revenue before it goes back to the interest payments and the fabled other operating costs.

So the sales came out of the TV revenue then, not the sale of Fellaini and Anichebe.

Also, no chance have our loans cost us £10m. Even if we were paying Barry's wages of £90k a week, that's £3.6m or so over the course of a season. Are you saying Lukaku cost £6.4m ? Because Deulofeu hasn't cost us anything as of yet.

Fairly sure Robles didn't cost £3m.

undisclosed...some say 1m, some say 3m.

We can say 1.5m if you like. And we can assume the other figures are slightly over-estimated...so maybe we've got 5m left over after all?

Any reliable analysis of all this? I'm just going on a slightly pessimistic estimate.

thing is though mate we HAVE had an increase in TV revenue and Kenwright saying their would be funds for Martinez when he joined can confirm this, Im one of the most anti board supporters around I marched with the BU but I honestly do believe with the new TV revenue after whatever is used to make up the yearly losses leaves us with around £10 mil a season or so to spend. It would be in the boards interest that way as it keeps evertonians who happy to see any money as little as it may be off their backs until someone pays the daft asking price for the club/kenwright gets tired of the trainset.

So the sales came out of the TV revenue then, not the sale of Fellaini and Anichebe.

Also, no chance have our loans cost us £10m. Even if we were paying Barry's wages of £90k a week, that's £3.6m or so over the course of a season. Are you saying Lukaku cost £6.4m ? Because Deulofeu hasn't cost us anything as of yet.

you're forgetting loan fees (not just wages), which are undisclosed.

:lol:

You're trying to tell me the bank would authorise an £8m overdraft to buy two players, dependent on player sales which may not have happened ?

Come on.

no, dependent on the TV Revenue.

If player sales cover it instead, TV Revenue can be redirected to the overdraft.

thing is though mate we HAVE had an increase in TV revenue and Kenwright saying their would be funds for Martinez when he joined can confirm this, Im one of the most anti board supporters around I marched with the BU but I honestly do believe with the new TV revenue after whatever is used to make up the yearly losses leaves us with around £10 mil a season or so to spend. It would be in the boards interest that way as it keeps evertonians who happy to see any money as little as it may be off their backs until someone pays the daft asking price for the club/kenwright gets tired of the trainset.

i hope you're right (happy to be wrong about this).

i want Bill to cough up 20m to really push for CL. just preparing myself for zero, that's all (and realistic in my view, based on what we know).

you're forgetting loan fees (not just wages), which are undisclosed.

We didn't pay a loan fee for Barry, and loan fees as described by the media actually often include wages.

As i said, even if we had paid Barry's full wages of £90k a week, are you honestly trying to tell me Lukaku is costing us £6.4m over one season ? Because i doubt it.

We didn't pay a loan fee for Barry, and loan fees as described by the media actually often include wages.

As i said, even if we had paid Barry's full wages of £90k a week, are you honestly trying to tell me Lukaku is costing us £6.4m over one season ? Because i doubt it.

no, he'd cost even less than Barry, I expect.

I was roughly going on:

Barry = 3m wages, 1m fee
Lukaku = 2m wages, 1m fee
Del = 1m wages, no fee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back