Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So its nothing to do with finding the right owner, the investment that would be required on top of the buying price(probably at least equal to the quoted cost of purchase?). Inflation in the football economy over the last ten years compared with general inflation...check it out. Clubs of comparable size(arguably) have been bought. Show me more than one(or even one) that has been successful. Certainly not Villa, which Lerner would sell tomorrow if he could.
Off out now, been so busy Christmas is just beginning! About two weeks prep to do in about 6 hours!. Merry Christmas to Evertonians everywhere.

Merry Christmas Steve.

What I can't get my head around is the fact that current form this season (Only beaten once) and people still believe we need some multi billionaire to come in, that won't understand the club and will sign players that are only coming for the money.

You can have a go at me for this but I'm quite happy with the way things are going at our club, things will only get better if we stay on this course, agree new stadium is needed but do you really want players at our club earning 200 grand a week and not giving a £$%$ about the club or supporters.

We have proved this season we can match any team in the Premiership, with a new Manager that has taken us to another level, life isn't perfect but fook me why do we always look for negatives, lets enjoy the ride and see where it takes us!

Steve was asking someone earlier to deal with hard facts, accounting wise, then uses football inflation 'terminology' as his supporting defence.
Double standards me thinks.

What I can't get my head around is the fact that current form this season (Only beaten once) and people still believe we need some multi billionaire to come in, that won't understand the club and will sign players that are only coming for the money.

You can have a go at me for this but I'm quite happy with the way things are going at our club, things will only get better if we stay on this course, agree new stadium is needed but do you really want players at our club earning 200 grand a week and not giving a £$%$ about the club or supporters.

We have proved this season we can match any team in the Premiership, with a new Manager that has taken us to another level, life isn't perfect but fook me why do we always look for negatives, lets enjoy the ride and see where it takes us!

I agree with this. Would take the current everton over a soulless club like man city every time.

I agree with this. Would take the current everton over a soulless club like man city every time.

If Evertonians were as fickle as city fans we'd be stuck in the car park of a supermarket in kirkby now.

Soul less appeared to be an ambition for the board at that time, anyone following the Coventry situation would appreciate just how soul less

I am getting on now and I would love to see us compete and actually win something. I don't think anyone is asking for a billionaire as such but someone who can at least offer say 20m per season to the manager without relying on selling the best players to buy. We know with Kenwright he hasn't got the funds to back the manager (except from sales) adequate enough to keep up with the Jones. At best we will continue to hang on the coat tails of the bigger clubs and hope the others don't get a decent manager like us.

With respect, I think you are putting words or wishes into people's mouths here. I want Kenwright gone as soon as, but I don't necessarily demand he be replaced with a billionaire. I'd just like someone who can manage the money coming through the club's coffers better for a start. We are one of only seven clubs who have been in the Prem for every season of the Sky era. Despite the hundreds of millions we have earned off that, we are more skint than ever, play in a stadium which is frankly an embarrassment (IMHO) and never have a proper budget to give our manager. That on its own condemns Kenwright, and I haven't even mentioned the King's Dock or other missed opportunities and farces he has overseen. Just to repeat, those of us who want Bill gone don't expect or necessarily want a foreign sugar daddy, just someone to manage things better and attract a bit of investment and grow the club organically. Kenwright has failed over 20 years on all 3 counts.

Last edited:
With respect, I think you are putting words or wishes into people's mouths here. I want Kenwright gone as soon as, but I don't necessarily demand he be replaced with a billionaire. I'd just like someone who can manage the money coming through the club's coffers better for a start. We are one of only seven clubs who have been in the Prem for every season of the Sky era. Despite the hundreds of millions we have earned off that, we are more skint than ever, play in a stadium which is frankly an embarrassment (IMHO) and never have a proper budget to give our manager. That on its own condemns Kenwright, and I haven't even mentioned the King's Dock or other missed opportunities and farces he has overseen. Just to repeat, those of us who want Bill gone don't expect or necessarily want a foreign sugar daddy, just someone to manage things better and attract a bit of investment and grow the club organically. Kenwright has failed over 20 years on all 3 counts.

It will happen eventually, if there is no one out there at the moment not much we can do about it, in the meantime enjoy being an Evertonian at this time in our History, the good times are here I can taste it, COYB

Agree with all of that. Spot on mate.

Whatever goings-on may or may not occur on the pitch, the fact remains that off it the club is run in an appalling manner, by Kenwright and his cronies, who have provided no investment whatsoever, for the duration of their tenure and who have now left it penniless and assetless.

So its nothing to do with finding the right owner, the investment that would be required on top of the buying price(probably at least equal to the quoted cost of purchase?).

Right owner????????

You ignore the evidence that Kenwright will sell to anyone who offers him the money. Remember he let a the man from a one bed flat and another who worked for ICI, a company that went out of existence years earlier, look through the books.

14 years ago to this very moment Bill Kenwright took a controlling interest in Everton FC.

Since that day he's turned a club with off-field potential into a basket case begging for third party assistance on the stadium front with no hand to play having made the club a laughing stock in all areas of the local state - public and private. We continue to rely on player sales and tv cash as the board and officers of the club are too clueless to turn cash up any other way. He and the variety of flotsam and jetsam he's pulled on board over the years continue the magnificent record of never ever having invested one single penny into Everton, whilst maintaining a vice like grip on their own proportion of the shares by refusing to open up the club to a share issue involving supporters. We are where we are now, with Kenwright the puppet having handed over control to the strategy of two cockney spivs who can and will sit on the club's progress until such time as it makes perfect business sense for them to seize the moment to maximize their profits on a sale.

Worse than John Houlding. I've said it a hundred times and a hundred times it's spot on. Kenwright is a plague on Everton. He's the most sinister character in the club's 136 year history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back