Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
14 years ago to this very moment Bill Kenwright took a controlling interest in Everton FC.

Since that day he's turned a club with off-field potential into a basket case begging for third party assistance on the stadium front with no hand to play having made the club a laughing stock in all areas of the local state - public and private. We continue to rely on player sales and tv cash as the board and officers of the club are too clueless to turn cash up any other way. He and the variety of flotsam and jetsam he's pulled on board over the years continue the magnificent record of never ever having invested one single penny into Everton, whilst maintaining a vice like grip on their own proportion of the shares by refusing to open up the club to a share issue involving supporters. We are where we are now, with Kenwright the puppet having handed over control to the strategy of two cockney spivs who can and will sit on the club's progress until such time as it makes perfect business sense for them to seize the moment to maximize their profits on a sale.

Worse than John Houlding. I've said it a hundred times and a hundred times it's spot on. Kenwright is a plague on Everton. He's the most sinister character in the club's 136 year history.

A bit of realism at last!

14 years ago to this very moment Bill Kenwright took a controlling interest in Everton FC.

Since that day he's turned a club with off-field potential into a basket case begging for third party assistance on the stadium front with no hand to play having made the club a laughing stock in all areas of the local state - public and private. We continue to rely on player sales and tv cash as the board and officers of the club are too clueless to turn cash up any other way. He and the variety of flotsam and jetsam he's pulled on board over the years continue the magnificent record of never ever having invested one single penny into Everton, whilst maintaining a vice like grip on their own proportion of the shares by refusing to open up the club to a share issue involving supporters. We are where we are now, with Kenwright the puppet having handed over control to the strategy of two cockney spivs who can and will sit on the club's progress until such time as it makes perfect business sense for them to seize the moment to maximize their profits on a sale.

Worse than John Houlding. I've said it a hundred times and a hundred times it's spot on. Kenwright is a plague on Everton. He's the most sinister character in the club's 136 year history.

Spot on.

Nail on head there. It would be an ace banner, wouldn't it? BILL KENWRIGHT = JOHN HOULDING

Steve was asking someone earlier to deal with hard facts, accounting wise, then uses football inflation 'terminology' as his supporting defence.
Double standards me thinks.

It is a reported FACT that inflation in the business of football rises continually at a rate around 4 times that of national inflation. Even now, were the reported ,by the Bank Of England/government rate of inflation is pretty flat, inflation in football continues to rise at a phenomenal rate. Thats not 'terminolgy', its reported facts...its all over the internet....its nothing to do with whether a poster is a qualified accountant or not. My question was about the posters qualifications. He finally answered that he had 'studied accountancy'. Does that make him qualified or not?

No, but reported rates of AROUND, is not a fact either. People can use and manipulate figures to suit there own argument. Anyway bollocks to this going the alehouse. Have a good christmas blues.

With the team playing well sitting high in the table,and having a good chance of being top come new year,and all some fans can think of is perpetually regurgitating the same old ****.
Everton have been skint for years long before Bill came along,yet strangely there's no mention of that.
Everton spent big throughout the 70's and with the exception of the 69/70 season won the sum total of [Poor language removed] all.
What Everton need is a man city style money no object takeover anything less would be a compromise.
Forget also any hair brained scheme to re-develop goodison,it's simply to landlocked, requiring a shed load cpo's which would take decades of of legal wrangling to see through.As the ****e did when re-developing the old kemlyn rd and anfield rd areas.

With the team playing well sitting high in the table,and having a good chance of being top come new year,and all some fans can think of is perpetually regurgitating the same old ****.
Everton have been skint for years long before Bill came along,yet strangely there's no mention of that.
Everton spent big throughout the 70's and with the exception of the 69/70 season won the sum total of [Poor language removed] all.
What Everton need is a man city style money no object takeover anything less would be a compromise.
Forget also any hair brained scheme to re-develop goodison,it's simply to landlocked, requiring a shed load cpo's which would take decades of of legal wrangling to see through.As the ****e did when re-developing the old kemlyn rd and anfield rd areas.

You miss the point, though. The last 20 years have seen more money come into football than the grand total that came into the game in the 120 years that preceded it. Yet, we are more skint than ever and play in a dump of a ground (don't try and tell me differently). Bill "John Houlding" Kenwright has been on the board for all of that time and has been chairman for 14 of those years. Go figure, as the Yanks say.

You miss the point, though. The last 20 years have seen more money come into football than the grand total that came into the game in the 120 years that preceded it. Yet, we are more skint than ever and play in a dump of a ground (don't try and tell me differently). Bill "John Houlding" Kenwright has been on the board for all of that time and has been chairman for 14 of those years. Go figure, as the Yanks say.

Its you that have missed the point. More money has come into the game...and more money has gone out of the clubs in transfer fees and ridiculous amounts for players wages(Hence the 'inflation' in football being much much more than the inflation in national living terms.) Look at what it cost to go to the match 14 years ago compared with today, and Everton sell some of the cheapest season tickets in the league. Look at the cost of a pie! Electricity. non playing staff. The first thing a new owner would probably do, in my opinion, is dramatically increase ticket prices at GP. I think you will find that a large number of Premier League clubs rely on TV money and player sales to stay solvent. Everton is far from the exception in this matter. Look at the figures. There are not many, in fact currently probably no potential owners out there with the financial clout to buy the club, invest hundreds of millions in infrastructure and players, and turn a profit, which is what they would want to do.

Its you that have missed the point. More money has come into the game...and more money has gone out of the clubs in transfer fees and ridiculous amounts for players wages(Hence the 'inflation' in football being much much more than the inflation in national living terms.) Look at what it cost to go to the match 14 years ago compared with today, and Everton sell some of the cheapest season tickets in the league. Look at the cost of a pie! Electricity. non playing staff. The first thing a new owner would probably do, in my opinion, is dramatically increase ticket prices at GP. I think you will find that a large number of Premier League clubs rely on TV money and player sales to stay solvent. Everton is far from the exception in this matter. Look at the figures. There are not many, in fact currently probably no potential owners out there with the financial clout to buy the club, invest hundreds of millions in infrastructure and players, and turn a profit, which is what they would want to do.

Pretty much sums up my view, imagine if it cost £50/£60 for a home match ticket, upwards of £800 for a season ticket. Would generate an extra £10 million or so a year if we all still went but then would we.

With all this itk it's being bandied around by all these experts on here it's surprising all boards around the country are'nt offering jobs in business management and accountancy to show them how it should be done.

I don't see why a cpo would be a big problem. Couple of years max, who the fcks gonna object, the place is a sht hole

NO it's you that have missed the point.

kingsdock.jpg

It is a reported FACT that inflation in the business of football rises continually at a rate around 4 times that of national inflation. Even now, were the reported ,by the Bank Of England/government rate of inflation is pretty flat, inflation in football continues to rise at a phenomenal rate. Thats not 'terminolgy', its reported facts...its all over the internet....its nothing to do with whether a poster is a qualified accountant or not. My question was about the posters qualifications. He finally answered that he had 'studied accountancy'. Does that make him qualified or not?

I did not want to waste any mopre time on this thread having gone out of my way to explain matters to you.

In response to your continued enquiry does FCA mean anything to you, albet I am now retired.

Last word, end of.

Last edited:
I did not want to waste any mopre time on this thread having gone out of my way to explain matters to you.

In response to your continued enquiry does FCA mean anything to you, albet I am now retired.

Last word, end of.

Financial Services Authority? You could be anything...a Financial Advisor, whatever. Me? Member Of The Institute Of Credit Managers....long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back