Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
NTL deal, Kings Dock, Kirkby, Never invested a penny of his own money into the club, asset selling, failure to know we didn't even own the land at the bottom of the car park.

Yes, perfect.
How much of that is down to him and how much is down to the CEO? Would wager a lot of that was far more down to the CEO than Bill.

Agree with one of the letters to the echo which stated if he was to attempt to buy the club today he would be laughed out due to lack of financial backing.

This man found himself at the right place at the wrong time (for the club and it's supporters) and now like bloodsuckers he and his cohorts continue to leech off them.
He bought the club in the late 90s where an owners finances were far less of a factor now, so whilst that is true it wasn't relevant to the time he bought the club

If you closely scrutinized most premiership clubs financial position, I'm sure you could pick holes with quite a few clubs at the moment, life isn't perfect and it will only improve with a bigger stadium with the potential to create more revenue.

But the criticism aimed towards Bill Kenwright is painful at times, where it's obvious that people have an general dislike and no matter what he does or says he simply can't win.

I go back to Walter Smith's time and the squad he had at his disposal, it was woeful at best, Bill takes a gamble with Moyes and it worked out pretty well, far stronger squad, hard too beat and youth system generating fresh talent.

Bill should be given credit for bringing Moyes & Martinez, he should also be given credit for the way he conducted himself during the last transfer window, 27 million for Fellaini was unbelievable, standing firm over Baines, years ago that wouldn't have happened, Baines would have been sold and signing James McCarthy for 13 million which has turned out to be a shrewd signing. .

Again Bill got criticized during the Martinez press conference regarding Champs League, why shouldn't he say that, regularly finishing in the top 6/7 year in year out, we should be aiming for 4th/3rd place and it's looking pretty good at the moment.

I'm happy with Bill and the direction the club has taken working with the community & supporters, our club is rich in history and we should all be proud of that, unless someone can provide me with a list of active multi millionaires that are currently searching to buy an premier league, because I can't think of any and apart from Man City the other foreign ownerships have been farcical at times during the creation of the EPL.

I've mentioned this before when we've enjoyed decent runs/results, why does the Blue Union go quiet, no planned demonstrations etc, surely if you have strong convictions about the way your club is run then current good runs/performances should not hinder your cause. Facts are majority of supporters are happy how the club is run, that's not to say we'd like more money to improve our squad, but wouldn't we all like to have more money in our own pockets, simple fact is we all make do with what we have got and most work hard for it and same goes for Everton FC.

Name me an owner of a top club as skint as Bill then

Delia Smith is not filthy rich, and Norwich are a much better run club than us.

Even on the last set of accounts they published their turnover is 5 million pounds below us. Amazing really considering they are a yoyo club really. No debt as well, club actually makes a profit. More modern stadium than ours, own its training facilities as well. Its the prize money that keeps our turnover above theirs.

So a club like Norwich is out performing us off the pitch, rather embarrassing really.

Firstly, Happy Boxing Day! Season of Goodwill still, so try not to get too riled up by whatever follows:

???

He means that the criticisms back then have proven to be unfounded.

You might be able to find 30k plus people in the south east with that kind of money but in the north west no chance, not worth losing your fans to make an extra 10m. I know a lot came out the woodwork in 85 when unemployment was high in Thatchers Britain but it was only 4.50 for a main stand ticket then

Bluddy 'ell...£4.50? And have wages also increased sixfold in that time?

sarcy/ Must be Bill's fault that tickets are so expensive now. Definitely not to his credit that he's kept ticket prices lower than our competitors in order to ensure locals can still (just about) afford to go. /endsarcy

See that for me is more down to the people who run the club more so than kenwright (kitbag deal), but he has created a good environment for moyes and bobby to work under, and made 2 good managerial appointments. And he's a blue which means a lot to me.

Thank you. Me too.

A lot of this thread's made up of kopites arguing a pro Kenwright point of view. They love him and I can't blame them for that.

This is the idiotic logic of the anti-Bill crowd, foaming at the mouth shouting "kopite!" at real blues who support a blue running Everton.

You just can't have a coherent debate with people like that.

If you closely scrutinized most premiership clubs financial position, I'm sure you could pick holes with quite a few clubs at the moment, life isn't perfect and it will only improve with a bigger stadium with the potential to create more revenue.

But the criticism aimed towards Bill Kenwright is painful at times, where it's obvious that people have an general dislike and no matter what he does or says he simply can't win.

I go back to Walter Smith's time and the squad he had at his disposal, it was woeful at best, Bill takes a gamble with Moyes and it worked out pretty well, far stronger squad, hard too beat and youth system generating fresh talent.

Bill should be given credit for bringing Moyes & Martinez, he should also be given credit for the way he conducted himself during the last transfer window, 27 million for Fellaini was unbelievable, standing firm over Baines, years ago that wouldn't have happened, Baines would have been sold and signing James McCarthy for 13 million which has turned out to be a shrewd signing. .

Again Bill got criticized during the Martinez press conference regarding Champs League, why shouldn't he say that, regularly finishing in the top 6/7 year in year out, we should be aiming for 4th/3rd place and it's looking pretty good at the moment.

I'm happy with Bill and the direction the club has taken working with the community & supporters, our club is rich in history and we should all be proud of that, unless someone can provide me with a list of active multi millionaires that are currently searching to buy an premier league, because I can't think of any and apart from Man City the other foreign ownerships have been farcical at times during the creation of the EPL.

I've mentioned this before when we've enjoyed decent runs/results, why does the Blue Union go quiet, no planned demonstrations etc, surely if you have strong convictions about the way your club is run then current good runs/performances should not hinder your cause. Facts are majority of supporters are happy how the club is run, that's not to say we'd like more money to improve our squad, but wouldn't we all like to have more money in our own pockets, simple fact is we all make do with what we have got and most work hard for it and same goes for Everton FC.

Good words, mate...this thread needs a post like that from time to time.

I suggest we all offer Bill Kenwright the amnesty of two more transfer windows, as a show of appreciation for the consistent stability he's brought and for the fine football under Martinez.

If, after the summer window, we've not improved our squad, then let's resume the criticism.

But badgering Bill now? It stinks of anti-Evertonian behaviour.

This is the idiotic logic of the anti-Bill crowd, foaming at the mouth shouting "kopite!" at real blues who support a blue running Everton.

You just can't have a coherent debate with people like that.

I suggest we all offer Bill Kenwright the amnesty of two more transfer windows, as a show of appreciation for the consistent stability he's brought and for the fine football under Martinez.

But badgering Bill now? It stinks of anti-Evertonian behaviour.

Why are you bothered though ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back