Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
07c4386085287a3c9fa26882c2e0515eba27d96e1bb9350cea3336f4540a128d.jpg

Pretty much sums up my view, imagine if it cost £50/£60 for a home match ticket, upwards of £800 for a season ticket. Would generate an extra £10 million or so a year if we all still went but then would we.

You might be able to find 30k plus people in the south east with that kind of money but in the north west no chance, not worth losing your fans to make an extra 10m. I know a lot came out the woodwork in 85 when unemployment was high in Thatchers Britain but it was only 4.50 for a main stand ticket then

Interesting reading some of the OP quotes back:

Some cracking letters to the Echo today (how did they get past Ian Ross? Lol!)

"AS another transfer window is about to pass us by with arguably our best striker and best winger leaving the club, Bill Kenwright's actions are as useless as Andy Gray would be as a star guest on Loose Women.Many Evertonians seem to have a huge problem with action against one of the richest boards in the country and that is considered to be "Kopite behaviour". Well it’s done okay for them hasn't it? But unfortunately our board don't currently feel that level of pressure at the moment do they ?
Are we just going to sit here and watch HMS Everton sink away from 4th to 14th in a matter of seasons ? I don't blame Steven Pienaar one bit as he doubled his wages and signed for a football club with AMBITION and I think a few current players are thinking the same. As big an Evertonian as Bill Kenwright proclaims to be, would you do this to your Everton FC ?"

Tony Scott, Walton

"I am writing relating to the lack of any prospective buyer who wants to buy our beloved club and take us to the next level. Another year begins, another year of no money, another year of Moyes buying at Aldi, another year getting loan players in, another year of no news on a new ground and another year with Kenwright in charge. Yes he steered us from rough waters several years ago, but that is as far as it goes.
All we are doing under his clueless and lack of ambition leadership is going round and round in circles, so his message is finishing (if we’re lucky) in the top six, getting to an FA Cup final every seven years, beating them across the park once a season. He is indirectly saying that this is acceptable. Well it is not. I want the best and I won’t accept being a mediocre team because that’s all we are, under our current leader we will never win the league, we will never win a cup, we will never be great again – it doesn’t take seven years to sell our club.
Only a change of owners will solve our problem and only the minority will back Kenwright but I will ask the minority to re-read my letter and look at the facts, because supporting Kenwright you are supporting mediocrity. I would rather take a chance on a new owner than take a chance on Kenwright being in charge for another seven years."

D Frederickson, Prescot

"I am watching my club going nowhere while Kenright clings to the Chairman’s role at the club. We will take one step forward and two back. Before the match against West Ham the whole atmosphere was flat and that was before the game, the players did nothing to lift the crowd and the manager’s tactics and team selection put a further downer on the crowd....With just a week to get players in Moyes is gambling again with loan players. Kenwright is gambling with Everton’s future, he has no right to do this.
If Kenwright tried to buy Everton today in exactly the same circumstances that he did buy then, he wouldn’t be allowed to – he has no financial back-up. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Wayne Rooney brought at least four times the amount into Everton than Kenwright bought the club with, yet to some Rooeny is a devil and Kenwright a saint."

Dave Abrahams

"SURVIVAL. Like a trapped wildebeest on the Serengeti Plain, West Ham fought as though their lives (and Avram Grant's job depended on it.Once again this season, against a team lower down the league, Everton weren't up to the mark, too many players went missing. Heaven help us if we get involved in a relegation scrap, have the players got it in them? I'm not in favour of panic buying, but the need for a striker is getting desperate. When is Bill Kenwright going to fork out? All the other Premiership owners have put their hand in their pockets. Bill, it's your round! Frankly it's getting embarrassing.
Why is it that every other club, even those with a lower fan base can attract investment. Just look at our away support, every ticket allocation sold out. Compare that to the clubs who visit Goodison with a sprinkling of fans in the Lower Bullens.
The FA Cup game against not so mighty Chelsea assumes greater importance, it's our one chance of rescuing the season."

Richard Knights, West Derby.

His only real flaw is that he doesn't have mansour amounts of money, aside from that he's perfect for the job

Agree with one of the letters to the echo which stated if he was to attempt to buy the club today he would be laughed out due to lack of financial backing.

This man found himself at the right place at the wrong time (for the club and it's supporters) and now like bloodsuckers he and his cohorts continue to leech off them.

His only real flaw is that he doesn't have mansour amounts of money, aside from that he's perfect for the job
for me this isnt the argument. its not about investment from his own pocket .
its the lack of business sense that has failed to grow the club off the pitch and tackle its needs/wants, aswell as the the occasional calamity and down right lies.
its not the time to go into this and the details though. lets see what we do in the transfer window , then the annual accounts before we tackle the boardroom . for now lets concentrate on whats happening on the football side of the club.

for me this isnt the argument. its not about investment from his own pocket .
its the lack of business sense that has failed to grow the club off the pitch and tackle its needs/wants, aswell as the the occasional calamity and down right lies.
its not the time to go into this and the details though. lets see what we do in the transfer window , then the annual accounts before we tackle the boardroom . for now lets concentrate on whats happening on the football side of the club.
See that for me is more down to the people who run the club more so than kenwright (kitbag deal), but he has created a good environment for moyes and bobby to work under, and made 2 good managerial appointments. And he's a blue which means a lot to me.

NTL deal, Kings Dock, Kirkby, Never invested a penny of his own money into the club, asset selling, failure to know we didn't even own the land at the bottom of the car park.

Yes, perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back