Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
pretty certain delia does a fair bit of her business from carrow road, and as they are down south and sell out just about every game (think they sold out before the season they were in L1) they can probably charge a fair bit more than northern clubs bar 2

It's Norfolk, not Kings Road London.

Link to the latest accounts from Norwich for you to check out. They make a profit, and they don't have a negative EBITDA like us. As you said, a club from League 1 a few seasons ago is out performing a club that has been in the premiership from day 1. No matter what way you look at it, its embarrassing really.

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/annual-accounts-june-13-101013-1106875.aspx

Very interesting you phrase your post in the terms 'we', very cliquish, and anyone who posts against you and your fellow clique as 'suspects', 'them' or 'they'.

You're right...maybe I could've phrased it differenty. But "we" meaning those of us trying to be the three R's (reasonable, realistic and respectful) and "they" meaning those who personally abuse Kenwright and scream "kopite!" at anyone defending him.

The "we" aren't those necessarily pro-Kenwright. You've posted many sensible arguments, bluesnapper, which aren't pro-Kenwright but cover the three R's.

Here's a good example of a "they"

Why do you, big daddy, Radiostar etc bother ? Genuinely interested.

He asks this everytime I post anything about Everton. There's no argument or coherent debate, just always this incessant "yeah, but why are you interested?".

It's very boring for me to engage with, but for the non-posting reader who might want to take part in the discussion, it may well be offputting.

You're right...maybe I could've phrased it differenty. But "we" meaning those of us trying to be the three R's (reasonable, realistic and respectful) and "they" meaning those who personally abuse Kenwright and scream "kopite!" at anyone defending him.

The "we" aren't those necessarily pro-Kenwright. You've posted many sensible arguments, bluesnapper, which aren't pro-Kenwright but cover the three R's.

You havent answered fully what I asked however, what in your view is wrong with "kopite behaviour"?

You havent answered fully what I asked however, what in your view is wrong with "kopite behaviour"?

That was your question?

Very interesting you phrase your post in the terms 'we', very cliquish, and anyone who posts against you and your fellow clique as 'suspects', 'them' or 'they'.

Oh...no, that wasn't your question.

You've lost me. What do you mean by "what in your view is wrong with kopite behaviour?" Is that question even serious? We could make a thread with that and get thousands of posts b4dalok.

I don't even know why we bother. Any kind of reason in this thread is soon swamped out by the usual suspects. You'd have to be extremely dedicated to post at the same frequency as them to keep the discussion balanced.

The other issue is, like you say, when they have no argument against reason, they bring out the red-under-the-bed card.

Sadly, for the many non-posting readers, this thread is far from welcoming.

Didn't you say (sorry if I am wrong) that anyone against Kenwright at this stage is anti-evertonian?
Wouldn't you seriously like him to be replaced with someone who can provide the manager with money, besides from sales. It makes sense to have someone able to provide a decent budget when we are as close as we are to the top 5-6 to aid a possible challenge rather than someone who is unable to. Well thats my simplistic look at things.

Didn't you say (sorry if I am wrong) that anyone against Kenwright at this stage is anti-evertonian?
Wouldn't you seriously like him to be replaced with someone who can provide the manager with money, besides from sales. It makes sense to have someone able to provide a decent budget when we are as close as we are to the top 5-6 to aid a possible challenge rather than someone who is unable to. Well thats my simplistic look at things.

Agree with your post.

Yes, I said the "anti-Evertonian" bit, but I meant it in terms of laying into him at Christmas after such a strong start just seemed very bitter. We're not that bitter that we hate on our own even at Christmas, are we? Tho' judging by the "blame" thread, Osman is getting a lot of hate right now, so maybe I'm just misjudging the mood.

My suggestion was to give Kenwright amnesty until after the summer transfer window. If after then he hasn't improved Martinez's squad, I think laying into him will be more justified.

???

I think it shows that some of the comments from both sides are over the top and it doesn't help the anti-Kenwright cause (of which i am a supporter) when people exaggerate the position we're in.

Changing from Moyes to Martinez has, imo, increased massively our chances of winning a trophy and getting into the Champions League, we're also nowhere near relegation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back