Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In your post earlier you quoted a post re kopites and then you mentioned 'red under the bed'.

So why are you getting uppity with this?

I don't think you actually followed what I said.

Basically, it's alright for older heads like me to survive in this thread, what with getting negged thousands of points regularly and that. But i can't imagine it's much fun for new members or those that don't post much. They get negged to oblivion, branded a "kopite" and never come back.

The topic of this thread is worthy, but the attitude of some is not.

pretty certain delia does a fair bit of her business from carrow road, and as they are down south and sell out just about every game (think they sold out before the season they were in L1) they can probably charge a fair bit more than northern clubs bar 2

Season tickets at Norwich for adults were roughly between £500 and £575
Their cup game against Fulham is £15
Casual ticket prices for league matches aren't much different to ours.

Basically, you're wrong.

I don't think you actually followed what I said.

Basically, it's alright for older heads like me to survive in this thread, what with getting negged thousands of points regularly and that. But i can't imagine it's much fun for new members or those that don't post much. They get negged to oblivion, branded a "kopite" and never come back.

The topic of this thread is worthy, but the attitude of some is not.

Ah now we are getting somewhere.

You say you are an older head, my take on this is that you are new to this (give Kenwright an amnesty for example, when he has had nearly thirty transfer windows to spend money the club has banked) and havent a clue what the arguments have been over the years.

Another example is 'kopite'. This was aimed by the club snout (name escapes me but its the person who mother went to the shareholders meetings in a red dress), briefed by Ross, to label all who opposed Kenwright on forums such as Kipper as kopites.

Tables have turned and now the pro Kenwright posters are not liking it one bit.

Ah now we are getting somewhere.

You say you are an older head, my take on this is that you are new to this (give Kenwright an amnesty for example, when he has had nearly thirty transfer windows to spend money the club has banked) and havent a clue what the arguments have been over the years.

I'm referring to the Martinez-era. Give the Kenwright/Martinez team until after the summer window. The chairman now has a manager with a winning attitude. It might well loosen the pursestrings.

Another example is 'kopite'. This was aimed by the club snout (name escapes me but its the person who mother went to the shareholders meetings in a red dress), briefed by Ross, to label all who opposed Kenwright on forums such as Kipper as kopites.

Tables have turned and now the pro Kenwright posters are not liking it one bit.

Don't know anything about that, it all sounds very cultish.

Look at our revenue.

As a business, Everton is poorly run. We've been relatively succesful in the league but havn't made the most of that and should really be pulling in 7 to 10 million more in revenue than we have over the last few seasons. Kenwright's the chairman so isn't directly involved in the day to day running of the club but the people around him are and so, as a minimum, he's guilty by association.

Look at how our debt is structured. It's very one sided and favours the lender. Even if we managed to bring in another 5 to 10 million it probably wouldn't be cost effective to pay some of the debt off. Who's fault is that ? well, plainly it's down to the people who signed the contracts. Kenwright and the board are to blame.

While it would be nice for a sugar daddy to come in and throw money at the infrastructure to move us into the 21st century I'd be content with a board who were half way competent, who could generate another 10% in revenue ( over and above any increase in TV money ) and negogiate a quicker paydown of the debt without crippling finance costs. In itself that would increase our chances of someone taking us over who has some real financial clout to get us the new stadium which is the real clincher in pushing us on.

At best, the current board seem pretty much like bungling amateurs to me.

Look at our revenue.

As a business, Everton is poorly run. We've been relatively succesful in the league but havn't made the most of that and should really be pulling in 7 to 10 million more in revenue than we have over the last few seasons. Kenwright's the chairman so isn't directly involved in the day to day running of the club but the people around him are and so, as a minimum, he's guilty by association.

Look at how our debt is structured. It's very one sided and favours the lender. Even if we managed to bring in another 5 to 10 million it probably wouldn't be cost effective to pay some of the debt off. Who's fault is that ? well, plainly it's down to the people who signed the contracts. Kenwright and the board are to blame.

While it would be nice for a sugar daddy to come in and throw money at the infrastructure to move us into the 21st century I'd be content with a board who were half way competent, who could generate another 10% in revenue ( over and above any increase in TV money ) and negogiate a quicker paydown of the debt without crippling finance costs. In itself that would increase our chances of someone taking us over who has some real financial clout to get us the new stadium which is the real clincher in pushing us on.

At best, the current board seem pretty much like bungling amateurs to me.

Sounds like a reasonable opinion. I hope we get that extra 10% with Martinez pushing.

You have very firmly nailed your colours to the Kenwright mast earlier.

Wilful interpretation they call that.

You're so blinkered in the whole "us and them/anti vs pro" concept that you keep missing the bits where I agree with reasoned posts critical of the Kenwright era, and where I say I will likely join the chorus too if we don't meaningfully invest in the squad after the summer window (even then I won't be abusing Kenwright, I'll only be criticising his running of the club).

The three R's, lad: reason, realism, respect. This thread sometimes sorely lacks. I don't mind the three R's going missing in football-themed threads, that's to be expected. But on the business side it just betrays cluelessness and agenda.

An appreciation of the nuances of the modern football business, as well as the precedents set by so many truly incompetent owners, goes a long way.

Good luck with your agenda, you'll need it.

It never fails to amaze me, the sheer vitriol reserved for this topic.

I wonder, and this question is open to people both for and against Ken Billwright;

Are there any famous Evertonians out there rich enough to take over, and who would be your choice?

I wonder, and this question is open to people both for and against Ken Billwright;

Are there any famous Evertonians out there rich enough to take over, and who would be your choice?

People aren't interested in if he's an Evertonian (see the poll we made about it a few days ago).

People don't want a random chicken-loving cigar-chomping Sheikh, either.

A Levy-figure was the most popular choice. i.e. a Brit who understands football and has more money than Bill.

It never fails to amaze me, the sheer vitriol reserved for this topic.

That Grantchester fella, or whatever his name is?

But I would prefer Amanda Holden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back