Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It never fails to amaze me, the sheer vitriol reserved for this topic.

I wonder, and this question is open to people both for and against Ken Billwright;

Are there any famous Evertonians out there rich enough to take over, and who would be your choice?

a tri-pronged consortium of Tom O'Connor, Pancake and Atomic Kitten's Liz

Agree with your post.

Yes, I said the "anti-Evertonian" bit,
but I meant it in terms of laying into
him at Christmas after such a strong
start just seemed very bitter. We're
not that bitter that we hate on our own
even at Christmas, are we? Tho'
judging by the "blame" thread, Osman
is getting a lot of hate right now, so
maybe I'm just misjudging the mood.

My suggestion was to give Kenwright
amnesty until after the summer
transfer window. If after then he
hasn't improved Martinez's squad, I
think laying into him will be more
justified.

Really bizarre that you will have no qualms 'laying into Kenwright' after the summer transfer window. Are you the sole arbirtar of the time and date as to when it becomes acceptable? As you seem to have a huge problem with people who perhaps got fed up of pennypinching transfer windows last year, or the year before, or 2 years before that, or whenever.

I wonder, and this question is open to people both for and against Ken Billwright;

Are there any famous Evertonians out there rich enough to take over, and who would be your choice?

I'm in the middle. He's not ideal due to finances, but Tan and others prove we could do a lot worse.

I'm still waiting to hit a big one on the lottery so I can take over EFC. Watch this space.

I'm in the middle. He's not ideal due to finances, but Tan and others prove we could do a lot worse.

I'm still waiting to hit a big one on the lottery so I can take over EFC. Watch this space.

I'm pretty much in your camp.

People aren't interested in if he's an Evertonian (see the poll we made about it a few days ago).

People don't want a random chicken-loving cigar-chomping Sheikh, either.

A Levy-figure was the most popular choice. i.e. a Brit who understands football and has more money than Bill.

While I love the comedy answers above :lol: I also understand this, apart from the non-Evertoninan part. I would like a blue in control.

Paul McCartney? John Hurt? Ken Billwright?

Last edited:

I wonder, and this question is open to
people both for and against Ken
Billwright;

Are there any famous Evertonians out
there rich enough to take over, and
who would be your choice?

You mean rich enough to pay for the shares to give the current owners a huge profit? Probably not many Everton fans could afford that, although every Evertonian could afford to put the same money into the club as Bill - seeing as that is precisely nothing. I suspect there are a few who could improve the commercial side of the club to significantly improve transfer spending too. (i'd consider for us that 2 million per season would be classed as 'significant').

Its a bit of a myth that we need a billionaire sheikh to pour money in so that we could improve.

For me, it's about business competence in the world of football.

For sure, ideally we'd have a board full of rich Evertonians who are willing to fund the infrastructure. But, given a choice between an Evertonian who hasn't got deep enough pockets and a rich fellow who loves footie but doesn't have a major allegiance I'd go for the latter. An analogy is that it's great that Ross is a Blue but if we limited our players to "Evertonians only" then we'd be struggling.

Bill's not a fool when it comes to business. He grossed ( in salary and dividends ) nigh on 3 million back in 2012 from his company ( though admittedly 2012 was much, much better than 2011 ) so he knows how to turn a profit, but I think he's out of his depth when it comes to Everton. The fact that he's a Blue could well be a hindrance for him in that he's so in love with what's happening on the pitch that he's missing tricks in helping run the business.

Last edited:

For sure, ideally we'd have a board full of rich Evertonians who are willing to fund the infrastructure. But, given a choice between an Evertonian who hasn't got deep enough pockets and a rich fellow who loves footie but doesn't have a major allegiance I'd go for the latter. An analogy is that it's great that Ross is a Blue but if we limited our players to "Evertonians only" then we'd be struggling.

Bill's not a fool when it comes to business.
He grossed ( in salary and dividends ) nigh on 3 million back in 2012 from his company ( though admittedly 2012 was much, much better than 2011 ) so he knows how to turn a profit, but I think he's out of his depth when it comes to Everton. The fact that he's a Blue could will be a hindrance for him in that he's so in love with what's happening on the pitch that he's missing tricks in helping run the business.

Good points, those.

I'm pretty much in your camp.

While I love the comedy answers above :lol: I also understand this, apart from the non-Evertoninan part. I would like a blue in control.

Paul McCartney? John Hurt? Ken Billwright?

Isnt he dead? But he did sign my ticket at the cup final in 80 something.

No votes for Amanda Holden, which is a surprise. She looks like my sister btw, which has led to so some very guilty faps.

Wilful interpretation they call that.

You are not having a good day again, you memory must have taken a battering from just a few hours ago.

I don't even know why we bother. Any kind of reason in this thread is soon swamped out by the usual suspects. You'd have to be extremely dedicated to post at the same frequency as them to keep the discussion balanced.

The other issue is, like you say, when they have no argument against reason, they bring out the red-under-the-bed card.

Sadly, for the many non-posting readers, this thread is far from welcoming.

Really bizarre that you will have no qualms 'laying into Kenwright' after the summer transfer window. Are you the sole arbirtar of the time and date as to when it becomes acceptable? As you seem to have a huge problem with people who perhaps got fed up of pennypinching transfer windows last year, or the year before, or 2 years before that, or whenever.

An extremely powerful point.

Bill's not a fool when it comes to business. He grossed ( in salary and dividends ) nigh on 3 million back in 2012 from his company ( though admittedly 2012 was much, much better than 2011 ) so he knows how to turn a profit, but I think he's out of his depth when it comes to Everton. The fact that he's a Blue could well be a hindrance for him in that he's so in love with what's happening on the pitch that he's missing tricks in helping run the business.

We even have one of the richest people in the UK who wont get involved with Kenwright as he saw straight through the chancer years ago.

Good points, those.

Why didnt you highlight this bit?

Isnt he dead? But he did sign my ticket at the cup final in 80 something.

No votes for Amanda Holden, which is a surprise. She looks like my sister btw, which has led to so some very guilty faps.

He's very much alive mate and, given his involvement with Dr Who, I'd guess he'll simply regenerate when he dies so he'd very much be a long term appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back