Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
8 Players out and a negative spend of around 12m suggests differently.

Vinny Tan, he backed his Manager to the tune of 50m.

8? I thought it was only 4: Neville (useless), Mucha (ditto), Vic (almost useless) and Fellaini (very good, but wouldn't fit in now).

Who are the other 4?

And there is no negative net spend of 12m, as you forget the fees for Robles, Martines and loan fees (Lukaku was reportedly 3m alone, not including wages).

I believe you lid but he's laid down a marker and you have to respond with photo evidence of the bet. Come on lay him out..

The cnut has laid down fcuk all - any serious punter knows that the worst thing they can be accused of is after timing. By checking the time of my original post regarding the bet I have already silenced any questions that may or may not arise.

Still if selling two first team players for 33 million and bringing in a free, three loans, and three players for less than 20 million between them is backing the manager when we've just had a new massive tv deal that has left even the likes of norwich and cardiff spending 50 million net is backing the new manager than god help us.

Bidwell played once, I think. Hitz played quite a lot but I can only ever remember one thing he did and that was when he hit the bar once.

in terms of the debate, we effectively lost 3 players, not 4, certainly not 8.

We lost Fellaini as a definite starter.
We lost Vic as a supersub option.
We lost Hitz who (checks Wiki) played 7 games, so sub-material then.
Neville was finished anyway. The rest irrelevant.

We gained 4 new players, plus 3 loanees:

Macca is first-11.
Alvarez is squad.
Robles is squad and is showing we finally might have a proper Nr 2.
Kone is squad.
Barry is first-11.
Lukaku is first-11.
Del is supersub.

How can anyone seriously think we're worse off now? Even take away the 3 loanees and most of us would keep the players we gained over the ones we lost.

Still if selling two first team players for 33 million and bringing in a free, three loans, and three players for less than 20 million between them is backing the manager when we've just had a new massive tv deal that has left even the likes of norwich and cardiff spending 50 million net is backing the new manager than god help us.

Like the other poster from earlier, you're forgetting the Robles, Martinez and loan fees.

You're also forgetting our 40m debt, and interest payments. And any leftover money Martinez is saving for the January window.

The cnut has laid down fcuk all - any serious punter knows that the worst thing they can be accused of is after timing. By checking the time of my original post regarding the bet I have already silenced any questions that may or may not arise.

Language lad.

Anyway, if you take a screenie of your £100 bet and show it on here he'll donate a tenner to Alder Hey. Surely you'll go the extra mile for a deserving charity ?

But the real deals were done like at midnight on the last day AF. Not disagreeing, but January will be the acid test.

Like the other poster from earlier, you're forgetting the Robles, Martinez and loan fees.

You're also forgetting our 40m debt, and interest payments. And any leftover money Martinez is saving for the January window.

I didn't forget Robles fee at all.

And if you know what exactly the loan fees and martinez compensation was, please enlighten me cos I've heard a lot of figures.

And I don't care about the debt, the point was whether bill backed martinez or not and he didn't. Martinez made up the money he used by selling players, end of story. None of it was given to him by the board.

And I bet you'll see the same in jan if we can find buyers for heitinga and jelavic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back