Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
baby-laughing-to-shock.gif

Haha!

When the sums are done on incomings, turnover, whatever, the pattern hasn't changed.

No investment has been made, player trading is just that, trim a bit each time as a financial sacrifice, which, given the influx of new TV money shows how poorly the financial management of the club has, and still is, been handled, the responsibility for that lies with the greatest Evertonian ever.

There is a very big difference in investing/backing the manager and balancing the books. 24/7....... ad infinitum

Honestly mate your wasting your time, the lad on here couldn't remember last week and blows out his own arguments when he can't even understand who racked up the debts and why. The only other poster who defends bill knows the score but stands up for him because of his past media work, hardly a fkin basis for an army of two defending the impossible.

There has literally been no money spent on the first team that hasn't been raised by either money earned by tickets sold, tv money etc or by selling players. During the whole 14 years of the current board.

Like juan said, backing is money put into the club, not just balancing the books.

Give Kenwright his due, he's not taking money out of the club, everything earned by the team is put into the team but that's not his money.

Yeah im not totally convinced by this point to be honest.

I think we're too badly run for it to be an option, tbh. We simply don't make that much. Our expenses are more than our incomes, minus player sales, every year. Hence where the rodwell, arteta, fellaini money goes.

Well theres the whole blackhole that is OOC and then theres the murky world of offshore loans.

As I say, im not convinced.

Yeah im not totally convinced by this point to be honest.

Its all about statements, terminology etc, he has always said he doesn't take a wage.

Having said that he professes to be searching for investment and on the phone regularly to interested parties.

Without the spin put out by his 'media friends' it would be interesting how long his veil of incredibility would last, he has a touch of the Tony Blairs about him, note I did say Tony and not Lionel, that would be scurrilous :)

Oh I totally agree.

Its quite laughable to suggest that the "Chairman would back the Manager", with what? Not a single penny has been spent by anybody on the Board of Everton.

Kenwright's by no means skint, but he won't have 10's of millions lying around.

However, if he really wanted to, he could sell part of Bill Kenwright Ltd and invest that into the club. Depending on how you choose to value BKL he might raise 15 to 25 million if he sold half of it ? Depends how much you love the club I suppose. It's easy to say we'd do it when you don't have that dosh but would many of us do that ? I'd like to think I would, but I'm not really sure.

What's really annoying is the fact that the BoD obviously don't have the vision to see that we're really close to getting back into the big time and that would make us much easier to sell. Basically they don't have the balls to risk any of their capital, which is what investment is all about. So the muddling along will continue. To be fair, some things are improving in the finances and recent operational appointments are a step in the right direction, but it'll take years for the club to club to move on based on those, so we're a bit fecked really.

Of course the board take money out of the club. The non-investment doesn't add up otherwise, what's the point in owning a business if you do absolutely nothing with it.

Of course the board take money out of the club. The non-investment doesn't add up otherwise, what's the point in owning a business if you do absolutely nothing with it.

Football clubs aren't about yearly profits though.

They're about owning for the prestige and then selling for a profit. Like a van gogh painting, or a 800 year old wine. You keep them in your attic, tell everyone you meet you own one and then flog it for five times what it cost you.

The way to make money isn't by running one but by holding out for a ridiculous fee and selling it. Nobody actually gets more out of a club then they put in on a year to year basis but you increase it's value in the market which is the actual goal.

Bobby pulls a couple of top four finishes out of his hat and Bill might even get the 9 figure deal he wants.

Yeeah but it's supposed to be like, for example, a player is sold for 10 mil. Then the board takes 1 mil and gives the manager 9 mil to reinvest.

Our board is notorious for misplacing most of, if not all the transfer fee.

Anyway, we'll see come Feb 1st. Because purely from sales, we should have around 10 mil available if the board operate how a board should.

Honestly mate your wasting your time, the lad on here couldn't remember last week and blows out his own arguments when he can't even understand who racked up the debts and why. The only other poster who defends bill knows the score but stands up for him because of his past media work, hardly a fkin basis for an army of two defending the impossible.

Army of two? The almost 16% (89 votes) and creeping up in the poll suggests otherwise. Its the usual suspects platoon thats treading water. There would always be a big vote against any chairman in the league..the most a chairman could ever expect is around 50% approval.If you keep playing the same record, to no effect, people get bored with the record. 'previous media work' ...you don't mean me do you Inspector Cluff? Only ever been in the same room as BK once, and didn't speak to him. Saw him at the Playhouse once, and thats when the some total of my conversation with Bill occured..' Will it get to London, Bill?' 'It needs some work yet'.Hardly counts as 'media work' does it? But then again, you don't mean me do you ?:lol:

Army of two? The almost 16% (89 votes) and creeping up in the poll suggests otherwise. Its the usual suspects platoon thats treading water. There would always be a big vote against any chairman in the league..the most a chairman could ever expect is around 50% approval.If you keep playing the same record, to no effect, people get bored with the record. 'previous media work' ...you don't mean me do you Inspector Cluff? Only ever been in the same room as BK once, and didn't speak to him. Saw him at the Playhouse once, and thats when the some total of my conversation with Bill occured..' Will it get to London, Bill?' 'It needs some work yet'.Hardly counts as 'media work' does it? But then again, you don't mean me do you ?:lol:

Good effort, Steve. Apparently we two are the only ones defending Kenwright.

To be honest, I'm bored of this thread now. Gonna swerve it from now on. Will resume Kenwright talk after the summer window (as I don't actually think much will happen in the January window, which will make this thread a nightmare in the months thereafter).

Football clubs aren't about yearly profits though.

They're about owning for the prestige and then selling for a profit. Like a van gogh painting, or a 800 year old wine. You keep them in your attic, tell everyone you meet you own one and then flog it for five times what it cost you.

The way to make money isn't by running one but by holding out for a ridiculous fee and selling it. Nobody actually gets more out of a club then they put in on a year to year basis but you increase it's value in the market which is the actual goal.

Bobby pulls a couple of top four finishes out of his hat and Bill might even get the 9 figure deal he wants.

For fourteen years tho? Pretty patient board members. If they can wait that long, you'd have to think they're rich enough to be able to eat up the millions they paid for their shares. And if they're rich enough to do that, you'd have to think they're rich enough not to care particularly about making money on a sale. I can certainly see the prestige argument, but I think that'd apply more to people like Abramovich who can actually play with money for fun. For our board, I think it'd be much easier to accept sitting on their shares in the hope of a future sale if they were getting paid in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back