Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant work out if your taking the piss or you are serious.

That video you put up before was supposed to be of BU people protesting right outside the entrance where he parks his car with all sorts of banners/flags BEFORE the game but yet you labelled that embarassing.
I am being serious. That is not a protest. There is like 5 of them shouting 'Where is the arteta money' with one bannerffs. Look at what Leeds fans done the other week. They bloody blocked that Cellino in the car park so he couldn't get out. You don't need to trash the place.
They are making an effort, well done to them but its shocking mate.

We should be there hours either before or after a game, maybe both!. Let EVERYONE know. Get it on SSN. talkSport never shut up about that. Said this for ages and everyone is starting to see it now.

I know some people are far from happy with the board, I GET THAT.

But there is a very bad undertone taken by some, and I'm referencing in particular the referral to some as 'happy clappers'.

This is effectively demeaning those supporters who are not wanting to go protesting, and I get the feeling that this is meant to say 'you're not an Evertonian if you don't hate Kenwright'.

We're all blues here, and obviously everyone will have a different opinion. This doesn't mean that differing views from yours are wrong.

This thread can be volatile for people who don't wish to slate the board, and it silly sometimes. We're all Evertonians after all.

I am being serious. That is not a protest. There is like 5 of them shouting 'Where is the arteta money' with one bannerffs. Look at what Leeds fans done the other week. They bloody blocked that Cellino in the car park so he couldn't get out. You don't need to trash the place.

We should be there hours either before or after a game, maybe both!. Let EVERYONE know. Get it on SSN. talkSport never shut up about that. Said this for ages and everyone is starting to see it now.

So now you're saying that the Blue Union made an effort, after you said they were an embarrassment?

People like you are the reason that they are largely inactive nowadays. They were protesting for a better club but Bill's Buddies (you) said no. You lamented them (just as you were doing originally in this thread) and as a result they faded away. Now you're saying that you want MORE protests?

Hypocrisy: 10/10

And just to clarify: you're entitled to believe what you want and side with who you want on this issue, but stop changing your bloody mind.

Because the BU are more interested in their own self importance than anything else, they haven't got the balls to stand up and be counted and that was proven when they backed out of a march because the teams fortunes took a turn for the better.

9 months ago they told me on there Facebook page that before christmas they would have a huge announcement because they have been speaking to people which was so top secret they couldn't announce it, this came about because I challenged them on what they have actually done since the second march.

So now you're saying that the Blue Union made an effort, after you said they were an embarrassment?

People like you are the reason that they are largely inactive nowadays. They were protesting for a better club but Bill's Buddies (you) said no. You lamented them (just as you were doing originally in this thread) and as a result they faded away. Now you're saying that you want MORE protests?

Hypocrisy: 10/10
They have made an effort buts its a very poor one. I am not Bills buddy. I can't stand the man. Listen, I know I say BS on here and I read it back and laugh myself but honestly... they need to do it properly. I tried explaining to them but they think its fine to sing 'There is only one billy liar.' Did you see Sevilla with the tennis balls because the match got delayed so they could show a press conference? I believe this got A LOT of media coverage.

That is one example of a REAL protest. Again, a protest isn't walking around the stadium singing 'There is only one billy liar.' NEA

Leeds blocking Cellino in the car park is another. I can't find a video of that though

They have made an effort buts its a very poor one. I am not Bills buddy. I can't stand the man. Listen, I know I say BS on here and I read it back and laugh myself but honestly... they need to do it properly. I tried explaining to them but they think its fine to sing 'There is only one billy liar.' Did you see Sevilla with the tennis balls because the match got delayed so they could show a press conference? I believe this got A LOT of media coverage.

That is one example of a REAL protest. Again, a protest isn't walking around the stadium singing 'There is only one billy liar.' NEA

That is beautiful. Seriously. I am now a Sevilla fan with regards to Spanish football. I'd love it if we ramped up a few notches to this.

However, what I'm saying is that people who complain about the Blue Union in any way only hurt the chances of anything like this happening. Any form of protest (as long as it isn't violent cause that's not gonna help) needs encouragement. Only that way will things happen.

You're not comparing like with like though.

Leeds' troubles are well documented, the media regularly report on the issues regarding ownership and the direction in which the team is going. They're considered by many to be a division below where they belong.

By contrast, Everton are portrayed in the media as punching above their weight, Kenwright is portrayed as being sound, and there is no real concern about the situation which the club is in.

It's far harder to get protests going when the national media provide such a positive portrayal of the club, which the majority of the fanbase will be influenced by. The views presented on this forum do not (unfortunately) represent the overall feeling within the Everton fanbase.

And just to clarify: you're entitled to believe what you want and side with who you want on this issue, but stop changing your bloody mind.
Fair play, they made an effort but its a poor effort. I don't see how that's changing my mind to be honest with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back