Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, because as much as I want to see us win something again, and for my kids to see us win something, I almost value our integrity as a non-billionaire funded club more. I live in Chelsea and see what has happened to Chelsea FC, lots of trophies for sure, but I'd hate to be like them

We'll keep living off the back of that integrity on days like this then... Shame we can't put it in our honours list.

There's absolutely no integrity in football. Players at our club are paid obscene amounts, players at the top clubs are paid even more obscene amounts. To suggest we're a morally well run club in comparison with teams who spend more money than us is just a non starter.

Last edited:
Yeah, nobody wants to be Chelsea.

:rolleyes:

I am not saying anyone is wrong to want to be like Chelsea or Man City, but my personal preference is not to be. If that means more days like today then reluctantly so be it, but it demonstrates the value I place on our integrity and history.

I accept entirely that is not everyone's view

I am not saying anyone is wrong to want to be like Chelsea or Man City, but my personal preference is not to be. If that means more days like today then reluctantly so be it, but it demonstrates the value I place on our integrity and history.

Give us 30m every season and we would be a CL team 100%. We don't need Chelsea/City owners for now.

I want Everton to be the best team in the world, if that means we murder puppys before every game then show me the puppys!!!

Our history of being the Chelsea and Manchester City of the day?

Our history of being the Chelsea and Manchester City of the day?

There have been periods throughout our history that we have been wealthier than most clubs, not necessarily the wealthiest. However the scale of difference from those days to today is enormous. Football has never been a game of equals, but today those inequalities are greater than at any time in the history of the sport.

There have been periods throughout our history that we have been wealthier than most clubs, not necessarily the wealthiest. However the scale of difference from those days to today is enormous. Football has never been a game of equals, but today those inequalities are greater than at any time in the history of the sport.

Could say the same about life in general really.

Well if you take that to the logical conclusion then the club will decline and die off as us old feckers kick the bucket.
Why does it have be the logical conclusion? I just wonder how much expanding we can do as a club and what amount of new fans there are to pick up even if we happen upon a relatively successful period without huge investment.

I don't want a Venky, I don't necessarily want an Abramovich.

I'd just like the board (and I'm not singling out Kenwright here) to invest in the team and fund some progress ie. put their hands in their well-lined pockets.

Otherwise what's the point of them being on the board.

People can cling to at least we're not city/Chelsea.. Yeah sure they'd love to swap places with honest Everton..

Last edited:
I don't think i would.

The gap between the richest 1 percent and the poor in the US is the largest it has been in over a century of IRS records.

Or theres:

http://www.theatlantic.com/business...y-its-worse-today-than-it-was-in-1774/262537/

Harsh on the americans, but my ancestors in this country lived through a fuedal system, like.

I'm a lot closer in life style to Bill Gates than my great grandad was to Queen Victoria or his ancestor was to Julius Caesar.

The fact that I'm paying 40 quid a fortnight to watch football and not being eating by lions for the entertainment of the upper class is my proof there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back