Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harsh on the americans, but my ancestors in this country lived through a fuedal system, like.

I'm a lot closer in life style to Bill Gates than my great grandad was to Queen Victoria or his ancestor was to Julius Caesar.

The fact that I'm paying 40 quid a fortnight to watch football and not being eating by lions for the entertainment of the upper class is my proof there.

Basically AF you confused inequality with overall quality of life, i accept your apology.

Harsh on the americans, but my ancestors in this country lived through a fuedal system, like.

I'm a lot closer in life style to Bill Gates than my great grandad was to Queen Victoria or his ancestor was to Julius Caesar.

The fact that I'm paying 40 quid a fortnight to watch football and not being eating by lions for the entertainment of the upper class is my proof there.
Thats pretty indisputable.

People can cling to at least we're not city/Chelsea.. Yeah surrender they'd love to swap places with honest Everton..

I'm not clinging mate, I would support Everton with the same passion if we were relegated to the old 4th division - however nothing would give me greater pleasure than being a success without resorting to billionaire owners.

Why does it have be the logical conclusion? I just wonder how much expanding we can do as a club and what amount of new fans there are to pick up even if we happen upon a relatively successful period without huge investment.

Logical because if you dont grow and bring in new blood because United, Liverpool Chelsea and Arsenal have monopolised merchandising and cornered them, then the club will contract as there is fewer supporters to generate cash.

Logical because if you dont grow and bring in new blood because United, Liverpool Chelsea and Arsenal have monopolised merchandising and cornered them, then the club will contract as there is fewer supporters to generate cash.
We are fairly reliant on TV cash are we not? We could just stay as is and occasional player sales would maintain our position. It's not what i want at all and im not condoning it if thats how it ends up, but how much territory is there left to conquer and divide up between prem teams nowadays?

It may be that I'm absolutely hammered & dismayed, but I'm sick to the teeth of this plucky Everton bullsh@t. No, I don't find no solace in how parochial & well run we are.. I grew up with us being league, European & FA cup winners. I don't want to accept the game as it is now, I want us to be competing. I'd honestly trade most things in my life for that to come true, so if the board don't believe that too.. They can.. Take a long walk off a short pier

Last edited:
People can cling to at least we're not city/Chelsea.. Yeah sure they'd love to swap places with honest Everton..

I genuinely don't want our club to be bankrolled by morally-questionable money.

Defining this is tricky enough. Apple could buy us out and we'd have a case right there.

Personally, I'm uneasy about Oligarch and Sheikh money, and would feel uncomfortable (less so admittedly) if foreign owners of better moral repute bought us out.

We did a poll thread about what type of owner we'd prefer, and the majority went for a British owner with an interest and understanding of football culture, with more cash (and more willingness) to invest than the current crop. I also prefer this option. The über-rich Sheikh/Oligarch option trailed significantly in the poll.

Of course I'd love organic growth & success. But I'd prefer an oligarch to a showman.
I'm not a Kenwright hater but there is a certain weight to this argument.

The question is, would it be a suitable oligarch? That's a more important point than some give credence to.

I'd rather we spent 30 million and chelsea spent 30 million then us spending 300 million and chelsea spending 300 million.

I hate the money in modern football and would rather it all got taken away.

But I'd take either over the current situation where we spend 30 million and they spend 300 million and they win all the trophies and we win none.

I'm not a Kenwright hater but there is a certain weight to this argument.

The question is, would it be a suitable oligarch? That's a more important point than some give credence to.
Fair point but we can paddle to keep still for a long time. Better the devil you know argument only goes so far.. I've put faith in this board for too long now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back