Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I take a moment to point out that posters on here who think for one moment they would like this or that type of owner are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Risk comes with change and that is a fact, ask Liverpool fans they are in a better place now after a couple of owners.

15 YEARS without silverware tells me that we should embrace change NOW and the risk that comes with it.

Under bill kenwright we will never win anything.

Ever.

People who say we should stick with him cos the next fella could be worse need to give their head a shake. It's like sticking with your bird even though you only get your hole on your birthday. And another bird might give you nothing.

It doesn't matter what type of owner "we" want (as if you'd ever get any agreement anyway). The fact is, if the club is sold, it will be sold to whoever gives the best return to the incumbents. That's what they want. They value their shareholding at c. £125m which values the overall club at £180m.

Whatever way you boil it down, BK is looking for a return of about 700% on his share purchase, having not invested anything into the club beyond buying shares, and having overseen a large shift in the financial position - both in terms of the swing to net debt, and poor commercial performance in line with other clubs. All of which means that no sane business group will touch it at that price. It has nothing to do with not being in London or any of the other smokescreens. Anyone looking to take the club on will look for a means of making a return - I'd argue that with Everton being so asset-poor, they represent an attractive purchase at the right price. But therein lies the problem, and it's why we haven't been and won't be sold anytime soon.

Great Post. As a side note Carter will be 86 years old this year and still on the board and I am correct in thinking that Bill will be 69 years old this year.

Ever.

People who say we should stick with him cos the next fella could be worse need to give their head a shake. It's like sticking with your bird even though you only get your hole on your birthday. And another bird might give you nothing.

If the bookies had a bet that Everton would win a trophy within 3 years of Bill and Co going I would lump on mate.

Ever.

But that's my issue - a lot of people saying we should be careful in selecting new owners aren't saying 'let's stick with the current situation and be happy with it for ever and ever'.

They're saying proceed with caution, not stay where we are.

Fools rush in, etc...

Why rush a job? Take time and get it spot on.

But that's my issue - a lot of people saying we should be careful in selecting new owners aren't saying 'let's stick with the current situation and be happy with it for ever and ever'.

Fools rush in, etc...

A bloke in a one bedroom flat in Manchester who was sought out as a buyer for the club by the current owners will differ on that one.

There's only two ways bill kenwright is going.

Green and earl get the money they want or the fans turn on him.

And every year he's here is more of the same. Same league position. Same cup exit. No matter who the manager is.

The board is delighted with - the stability, the manager, the 7th place.. cozy - as Everton's board have always liked it. Only now are they embracing the new (20th century) world... some of this is nice, laudable but a lot of it is pathetic - we're a football club so we're not competing for fans - we win those over with the football, the way we are, the Everton Way - what we do ON THE PITCH matters just as much, and a whole lot more to us fans. So fingers out of proverbial backsides and sorting it out - Bill can have his Life Presidency or whatever it is he cherishes. Great - but we need to act like a business and win like a business.

Fools rush in, etc...

But the worlds greatest Evertonian wanted to sell to a Manc or an ICI exec only because they agreed the price, Kenwright pulled the plug when he found out they didnt have the cash.

All this selling to the right person is shoite because Kenwright will sell to the man with the cash.

The board is delighted with - the stability, the manager, the 7th place.. cozy - as Everton's board have always liked it. Only now are they embracing the new (20th century) world... some of this is nice, laudable but a lot of it is pathetic - we're a football club so we're not competing for fans - we win those over with the football, the way we are, the Everton Way - what we do ON THE PITCH matters just as much, and a whole lot more to us fans. So fingers out of proverbial backsides and sorting it out - Bill can have his Life Presidency or whatever it is he cherishes. Great - but we need to act like a business and win like a business.

Sadly mate, I believe the club see the new TV rev stream as a way to stay in charge for the future. They are quite happy to sit were they are for years to come without ever having to be ambitious enough to challenge themselves. The fans will be told the same cock and bull story every year and we will finish up as we have done each season for the last 15 years.

I've been thinking what can turn the tide against the board and get the silent majority to ask questions and I think I've got it.....if a certain team in red win the league and we finish 7th....

But the worlds greatest Evertonian wanted to sell to a Manc or an ICI exec only because they agreed the price, Kenwright pulled the plug when he found out they didnt have the cash.

All this selling to the right person is shoite because Kenwright will sell to the man with the cash.

Bill 69,Carter 86, Woods 67, Earl 62. + TV money = Pension Fund

At the very least this club is crying out for new blood, new money and new vision to take this club forward.

Sadly mate, I believe the club see the new TV rev stream as a way to stay in charge for the future. They are quite happy to sit were they are for years to come without ever having to be ambitious enough to challenge themselves. The fans will be told the same cock and bull story every year and we will finish up as we have done each season for the last 15 years.

Have to talk with our wallets.

A couple years ago, attendance at home matches was the lowest it had ever been for a good while because people were not happy. Kenwright was feeling uncomfortable and started talking to the press, communicating with the fans for the first time in ages by trying to explain what was happening and why everyone should love him.

It wouldn't be pretty, but it needs to happen again in the summer if we want some players in.

Fools rush in, etc...

We don't select owners, Bill & investor friends select who they sell to, and the only caution they will show is in waiting for the right price for them. It's too late for caution, Johnson should have shown it years ago, but who knew Bill was:

a) inept
b) parasitical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back