Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
boring.gif

Often it has been asked where has the transfer money gone from our sales. It has been mooted that perhaps a kitty is being built up to fund a new stadium at the expense of the team.

Of late it has been leaked that there is a shortlist of 2/3 sites, does anyone have any idea where?

I would ideally like the club to stay in L4 and it occurred to me but I may be wrong what about Walton Hospital on Rice Lane, would this be big enough? or is it all earmarked for housing?

Have to talk with our wallets.

A couple years ago, attendance at home matches was the lowest it had ever been for a good while because people were not happy. Kenwright was feeling uncomfortable and started talking to the press, communicating with the fans for the first time in ages by trying to explain what was happening and why everyone should love him.

It wouldn't be pretty, but it needs to happen again in the summer if we want some players in.

Apart from sustained protests this is correct, its the way to make change happen.

Put in simple terms anyone in the upper echelons of any company is held accountable when the income stops coming in. Directors start to get twitchy and the finger pointing begins. I've seen it a few times - unless you have a solid and tight board then it usually facilitates a period of change. The problem being is that we want the those on the board to change and not the high management.

Attendance revenue is very important to the club - despite the other revenue streams like TV Money and commercial agreements being very significant if not more over a 12 months period - it has to be carefully budgeted for so targets must be hit.

Attendances only really drop when there is a sustained period of poor performance by the team or when there's animosity towards those in charge - either team manager or ownership of the club. The club handled the economic downturn (another threat to attendance) quite well with their concessions for children and prize freezes.

So it depends on what you want. If a group such as the Blue Union could organise a mass stay away then there would be hole in the revenue income and questions which need to be answered. But there's a certain level of ambivalence towards the whole thing from a large part of the support so I'm not sure how successful it would be.

Groucho raised some good points on in this thread about how people debate, I get that. For instance the thing prohibiting mass support against the board at the moment I reckon is the nature of some protesting ripping into those who don't or haven't. It turns them off. Any protest movement needs to be a bit more inclusive for it to gain traction and importantly numbers. But then half my mates want the protest to step up a few levels as they're frustrated that nothing is getting done so its apparent things need to hot up. They may have a point like.

Its now going to be 20 years since Everton won something - I wouldn't say we have a misplaced sense of entitlement but throughout our 136 year history we've had fashioned teams who have won things. I'd hate for that to stop and for us to be content with being in the higher parts of the league, were more than that.

On the other hand personally I wouldn't want to do it like City or Chelsea. But I don't think its too much to ask for owners who see owning Everton as something to grow and invest actual money in both the team, the infrastructure and the business itself. If they did then they could achieve something boss and make a profit to boot too. Imagine that? You don't have to be an Evertonian to own the club and want that do you? So it makes it doubly annoying that there's blues in charge who have money and won't invest.

If we've been genuinely for sale for almost a decade now and we haven't been sold then either the market has entirely crashed for the product were selling or our asking price is far too high. If you want to sell Everton then lower the asking price, it will attract people to purchase it and start investing straight away as the reduced buying price will free up other revenue for investment in the business straight away.

My view is that those owning the club are either pricing it way too high to make their money or don't want to sell. And as time passes you have a huge fanbase getting upset because their ambition for Everton is higher than those owning it who must seemingly be happy in the current status quo which is best of the rest.

The Everton I love will never be best of the rest, but all Evertonians should think that no?

Can I take a moment to point out that posters on here who think for one moment they would like this or that type of owner are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Risk comes with change and that is a fact, ask Liverpool fans they are in a better place now after a couple of owners.

15 YEARS without silverware tells me that we should embrace change NOW and the risk that comes with it.

I think those that wish to exercise caution have every right to do so, and I don't think you can say just because a supporter is cautious over whom the next custodian of our club will be, that they are any less desperate to get rid of Kenwright than those who say anyone with money will do.

By the way what exactly did we win in 1999? o_O

Does anyone know of any would be buyers who have been turned down by the board, and have the proof to back it up with ?
If you have, then get in touch with them and suggest that they go public with a hostile bid.
This would heap far more Pressure on Bill and the board, than a clown marching round Goodison cake in hand.

Does anyone know of any would be buyers who have been turned down by the board, and have the proof to back it up with ?
If you have, then get in touch with them and suggest that they go public with a hostile bid.
This would heap far more Pressure on Bill and the board, than a clown marching round Goodison cake in hand.

That would suggest the price is far too high though mate?

If we did any kind of protest by staying away, that is simply their excuse for not signing players. It'll be our fault - it started last time and it'll be even worse now because they'll be prepared for it

Ive got no credit mate.

I'm not aware of any, neither is anyone else. Neither is anyone aware of would-be buyers complaining the price is too high, or complaining that the problem is Goodison. Basically, there are no would-be buyers (exceptions being shady organisations that we can barely google).

The mystery of why no one even halfway credible is interested in buying Everton FC continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back