Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not aware of any, neither is anyone else. Neither is anyone aware of would-be buyers complaining the price is too high, or complaining that the problem is Goodison. Basically, there are no would-be buyers (exceptions being shady organisations that we can barely google).

The mystery of why no one even halfway credible is interested in buying Everton FC continues.

The asking price.

To be fair mate, the asking price is a fair reflection of the value of the football club.

Our accounts make people run for the hills tho, thus that means the asking price should be lowered, but the vultures wont budge on their 30 pieces of silver.

Is it really? I disagree mate and the lack of bids for it would back that up.

Anyone looking at the business would want to see the books but first of all would be looking at the overall state of the business and assets, which areas need investment and the potential to grow the company into making an annual profit/sale of the club.

The ground situation stops us from growing too much and is a huge investment to improve/relocate. Short term it is possible to over achieve (ie nab a Champions League place) but long term it would probably not be sustainable until we can make match day pay a lot to us than it does. That success would also enable bigger commercial agreements like sponsorship.

So because of the scale of investment needed the club have to set a realistic price for someone to find the whole package attractive enough to bid. It would seem they're not doing that by the lack of bids.

I just think 150m is a fair price for a Premiership Club.

I realise our debts and stadia issues are the biggest issue.

They probably want more than that and they will not clear the debt either, as if the owners (as some as suggested) are looking for a special someone to give us scale of investment, they are in it first and foremost to make as much as they can before they leg it.

Putting aside our own allegiances I can see why the people who own the club won't sell. The only surprise to me is they don't use the massive exposure it brings a little better for their own ends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back