Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree we need investment. But the right person to invest. Not Venky, for eg.

Invest, not infest, as it were.

Haha, and we all know how much Bill has invested... But hey, second biggest drought without a trophy in our entire history and it's all okay because he's the right type of person.

People from our fan base need to get real. Whilst this charlatan remains at the helm the manager's hands are tied behind his back. Give me absolutely ANYONE in charge of this club who I know is actually looking for investment and willing to step aside above him.

If Kenwright had a American/Thai/Chinese/Russian or any Arab country's passport he would have been forced out in year 2000.
As it is, he's the cat's paw of an American-based businessman and a tax exile living in Monaco biding their time when they can get a stadium built and Everton and it sold together to make a huge profit.

That's the sort of rubbish the best Evertonian ever has got this club shackled to.

Haha, and we all know how much Bill has invested... But hey, second biggest drought without a trophy in our entire history and it's all okay because he's the right type of person.

People from our fan base need to get real. Whilst this charlatan remains at the helm the manager's hands are tied behind his back. Give me absolutely ANYONE in charge of this club who I know is actually looking for investment and willing to step aside above him.
Your first paragraph suggests I'm happy with that - I'm not.

While this state of 'no money/no trophies' isn't what any of us want, and certainly not me, both sides of the argument need to be considered. Do some fans really want us to have Blackburn as a model for how the club should be run, simply because they have more money than us?

Do people just want investment without taking anything else about prospective new owners into consideration? Yes, Man City and Chelsea have the right type of investment, but Blackburn don't. This is why it's crucial to pick the correct owner. I'm not happy with the state of affairs with regard to cash, but at the same time I don't want us to be run by a Venky-style owner.

People seem to lose all sense of discussion in this thread - if you don't say 'Kenwright out' your laughed at. People need to calm down and discuss things properly like they do in other threads, rather than trying to ram eachothers viewpoint down everyone's throats.

There is a middle ground and it doesn't have to be constant conflict. It's ugly in here and it's bad to read at times

I don't want the Venky's either....

Please save me Obi Bill Ken OOC !
This is what's wrong with this thread - just because someone says "I don't fancy Venky-style ownership", some people read that as "I love Kenwright and want to keep him forever".

That's not the case. I want more money, but I don't want Blackburn-style ownership.

No one will budge an inch in this thread, and it's difficult to argue a point without being accused of 'happy-clapping'.

Last edited:

Plenty of other teams have enjoyed a relationship with an owner who has been willing to put money in without the threat of the whole shooting match falling down .. for every Portsmouth and Blackburn there's a Liverpool (John Henry - not the 2 cowboys), City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Sunderland etc..

It doesn't matter what type of owner "we" want (as if you'd ever get any agreement anyway). The fact is, if the club is sold, it will be sold to whoever gives the best return to the incumbents. That's what they want. They value their shareholding at c. £125m which values the overall club at £180m.

Whatever way you boil it down, BK is looking for a return of about 700% on his share purchase, having not invested anything into the club beyond buying shares, and having overseen a large shift in the financial position - both in terms of the swing to net debt, and poor commercial performance in line with other clubs. All of which means that no sane business group will touch it at that price. It has nothing to do with not being in London or any of the other smokescreens. Anyone looking to take the club on will look for a means of making a return - I'd argue that with Everton being so asset-poor, they represent an attractive purchase at the right price. But therein lies the problem, and it's why we haven't been and won't be sold anytime soon.

Plenty of other teams have enjoyed a relationship with an owner who has been willing to put money in without the threat of the whole shooting match falling down .. for every Portsmouth and Blackburn there's a Liverpool (John Henry - not the 2 cowboys), City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Sunderland etc..
I feel Arsenal would be the best model to use.

It doesn't matter what type of owner "we" want (as if you'd ever get any agreement anyway). The fact is, if the club is sold, it will be sold to whoever gives the best return to the incumbents. That's what they want. They value their shareholding at c. £125m which values the overall club at £180m.

Whatever way you boil it down, BK is looking for a return of about 700% on his share purchase, having not invested anything into the club beyond buying shares, and having overseen a large shift in the financial position - both in terms of the swing to net debt, and poor commercial performance in line with other clubs. All of which means that no sane business group will touch it at that price. It has nothing to do with not being in London or any of the other smokescreens. Anyone looking to take the club on will look for a means of making a return - I'd argue that with Everton being so asset-poor, they represent an attractive purchase at the right price. But therein lies the problem, and it's why we haven't been and won't be sold anytime soon.

All totally correct, and explains why Bill was buying up shares a year or two ago. Leeches/parasites, waiting for the big "right price" payoff.

The 2 Muppets did well by the redshite, they backed the manager to the tune of 300 million in transfers, not to mention big bucks in wages.

Thier big mistake was to appoint the wrong manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back