The Everton Board Thread

This thread needs to be absolutely busier. Like or hate Benitez, its the boards fault he is here and we are in this position.

Absolute failures each and everyone of them, their KPI must be how many brews they have in a day cos they do nothing else.

Like them or not, spurs sacked Nuno - never day Conte in - absolute ruthlessness but a huge upgrade. we would sack Benitez and Ferguson would be in charge for 12 games while they decide actually on a plan.

We know thats true, there is no succession plan, no plan at all... we are all the way back to Elstones "We aim to be a football club" presentation.

Kenwright, DBB, Brands and the rest of them should be embarrassed.
The board deserve all the criticism that comes there way, but there is no mechanism for removing a board. How do we change an owner or a chairman?

If we were ambitious we would be doing the same as Spurs today, but we won't because we are a small club. I used to think we are mediocre, but we are actually not that good. There is no ambition and even if there was, there isn't the ability to implement an ambitious plan. The only thing our board are good at are soundbites.

DBB is CEO.

What has she failed on? I'm struggling with that.

Rest I get.

She is indeed.

The same position as Levy at Spurs. Moore at Liverpool. Woodward when he was at Man Utd etc. Consider the level of scrutiny on those individuals...

I don't think this entire Everton board are capable of progressing the club.

The current CEO has been on the board since 2016 and CEO since 2018 of what is probably fair to describe as a failing organisation.

If I'm Moshiri I make a clean sweep of the board on day one. In the weeks and months that followed I queried on here why - speculating whether he's waiting for Ummanov, whether there's a new stadium clause etc.

I'm still doing that now.

But I'm not Moshiri, I'm just a geek on an internet forum.

A few years ago the CEO told the club's general meeting that Everton's aim is to challenge the top of the league, to win titles.

I think;

January 2019;
  • In her maiden address to the club's general meeting, held at Liverpool's Philharmonic Hall, Barrett-Baxendale told assembled shareholders the vision was to be "challenging at the top of the Premier League and competing at the highest level in European competitions. "Ultimately this means challenging for domestic titles and trophies, not only to win cups, but to win Premier League titles too," she added. "It means competing regularly in the Champions League and it means doing all of this in a world-class, world-renowned football stadium. I acknowledge our vision is challenging, and the barriers to entry are indeed daunting, but we are Everton and we must all be focused and driven to meet that challenge."

Approaching 3 years later, has this Everton board progressed this organisation?

Looking at the next 3 years, can we afford to repeat the previous 3 years or can this board buck the trend?

I'm not confident.

If anyone is confident, why?

What has this Everton board delivered, what's in their credentials that suggest they can deliver what their aim is - to challenge for titles?

The board deserve all the criticism that comes there way, but there is no mechanism for removing a board. How do we change an owner or a chairman?

If we were ambitious we would be doing the same as Spurs today, but we won't because we are a small club. I used to think we are mediocre, but we are actually not that good. There is no ambition and even if there was, there isn't the ability to implement an ambitious plan. The only thing our board are good at are soundbites.

The owner isn't on the board Tim.

Can see it already - some fans start protesting or make banners

Only for the old farts to start bleating about " kopite behaviour that la" and shout it down

Match goers need to be proactive in voicing the discontent

Anyone who says kopite behaviour about calm, sensible, peaceful, acts of protest should be ignored. It's the most pointless phrase that gets thrown around.

I'll tell you what most certainly isn't kopite behaviour..... putting up with a team who are declining every year and 27 years of failure without a trophy. Happy clapping seems to be alive and well these days.

The owner isn't on the board Tim.

He is still the owner. I don't know how people think he is going to be forced out?

He might well be planning to go after the stadium - who knows. But I don't see how fan pressure will change any plans or timescales.

The board are also appointed by the owner I presume, since he is the majority shareholder. He would presumably have to be the one to sack or replace them. I would support anyone who wants to protest in a sensible, measured way, but I honestly don't see what difference it would make.

Anyone who says kopite behaviour about calm, sensible, peaceful, acts of protest should be ignored. It's the most pointless phrase that gets thrown around.

I'll tell you what most certainly isn't kopite behaviour..... putting up with a team who are declining every year and 27 years of failure without a trophy. Happy clapping seems to be alive and well these days.

We have actually protested before long ago, the Coventry game in 98, pitch invasion followed by “Johnson out” protests.

The people I have listed, DBB, Kenwright and Brands could all be moved. I don't actually know the mechanism for it, but seen CEOs moved on for not doing their jobs "DoF" for most definitely not doing their jobs. Kenwright cant be measured by giving the boys pen speech in transfer dealings.... no-one cares.

Everyone should have to justify their role - not one person at the club has to including the players.

He is still the owner. I don't know how people think he is going to be forced out?

I don't recall seeing any comment suggesting he should be?

This thread is about Everton's board which isn't Moshiri.

He might well be planning to go after the stadium - who knows. But I don't see how fan pressure will change any plans or timescales.

The board are also appointed by the owner I presume, since he is the majority shareholder. He would presumably have to be the one to sack or replace them. I would support anyone who wants to protest in a sensible, measured way, but I honestly don't see what difference it would make.

Fans have encouraged Moshiri to sack managers which costs millions.

Fans can encourage him to make changes at the board.

I have no confidence in Everton's board to ever make good decisions. Sure, they send nice buzz word emails, Kenwright is a blue and Brands looks the part but when it comes to it - they're taking us backwards.

I have no confidence in Everton's board to ever make good decisions. Sure, they send nice buzz word emails, Kenwright is a blue and Brands looks the part but when it comes to it - they're taking us backwards.

I have no confidence in the board either, but I don't have confidence in Moshiri to appoint the right people either after so many mistakes. So I don't know where that leaves us.

Genuinely don’t read a word of any email that comes through from DBB, I just throw it in the bin unopened.

Can see it already - some fans start protesting or make banners

Only for the old farts to start bleating about " kopite behaviour that la" and shout it down

Match goers need to be proactive in voicing the discontent
Probably causing our lionhearted players to fall to pieces. It's a fine line to walk.
Naturally the matchgoing fans need to be able to voice their displeasure but at the expense of affecting the team in a negative way.
It may come to a point towards the end of the season when the team needs 100% vocal support and not continuous barracking.

The people I have listed, DBB, Kenwright and Brands could all be moved. I don't actually know the mechanism for it, but seen CEOs moved on for not doing their jobs "DoF" for most definitely not doing their jobs. Kenwright cant be measured by giving the boys pen speech in transfer dealings.... no-one cares.

Everyone should have to justify their role - not one person at the club has to including the players.

I agree with you, but we would then need to bring in the right replacements, and we have struggled with recruitment throughout the Moshiri era.

Probably causing our lionhearted players to fall to pieces. It's a fine line to walk.
Naturally the matchgoing fans need to be able to voice their displeasure but at the expense of affecting the team in a negative way.
It may come to a point towards the end of the season when the team needs 100% vocal support and not continuous barracking.

It's a two way thing though. Players would get much more support if they played with a better level of commitment. The first half yesterday was unacceptable for a top flight team. Can we really expect fans to get behind that? The fact they gave far better effort second half shows they are capable so why such a difference between the first and second 45?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back