The Everton Board Thread

They messed up the Bobby Robson appointment in the 70s. He could of been a great manager for us.
Wasn't it Billy Bingham that was hired instead? I think there's been a few occasions where Bobby Robson, could have ended up managing Everton. I always thought it was a shame, Peter Reid wasn't given a chance at managing Everton either.

Wasn't it Billy Bingham that was hired instead? I think there's been a few occasions where Bobby Robson, could have ended up managing Everton. I always thought it was a shame, Peter Reid wasn't given a chance at managing Everton either.

I think so. The last time we tried to get Robson was 1997, I think he took one look at Peter Johnson and thought no thanks . Personally I don’t think Howard should of returned second or third time , should of went for Joe Royle earlier when Colin Harvey was sacked or gave Reidy a go at that time.

Exactly something that should have happened day one of the takeover
If anything could be planned more poorly I’m sure Everton is a great example, director of football should’ve been put in place from day One. At least the Ishmailov appointment seems to make sense Lasies new boss no mocking around Kirk quickly gone after 3 losses , perhaps the tide has turned. Kenwright is he chairman for life and still running things ?

I'd like to see the man get a crack at his job without the spectres of Bill and Mosh pissing about with his role.
I agree he has been hamstrung and lots of his signings have been at mosh/managers requests, but I don't believe he has done much in bringing in much talented youth (arguably nkounkou and branthwaite) which is part of his role isn't it? Surely he isn't being blocked there?

I agree he has been hamstrung and lots of his signings have been at mosh/managers requests, but I don't believe he has done much in bringing in much talented youth (arguably nkounkou and branthwaite) which is part of his role isn't it? Surely he isn't being blocked there?

Well we had the academy ban but we've brought in top (supposed top) youngsters like Kean too remember. Not giving him a free pass though myself either because he needs more of a backbone if his job is this tampered with.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back