The Everton Board Thread

The arrogance they showed pushing Benitez through in the face of mass fan opposition is something I will never understand.

They deserve every bit of abuse coming their way for this.

If they had picked literally anyone else you wouldn't have as large a proportion of the support willing to bounce him in his first year. He never got a chance from some of us and the ones who did are giving him a short rope that he's about to hang himself with.

They owe us an apology.

The arrogance they showed pushing Benitez through in the face of mass fan opposition is something I will never understand.

If they had picked literally anyone else you wouldn't have as large a proportion of the support willing to bounce him in his first year. He never got a chance from some of us and the ones who did are giving him a short rope that he's about to hang himself with.

They owe us an apology.

All on Moshiri mate. As bad as Blue Bill has been, I don't think even he wanted Benitez. Reports at the time suggest this was firmly Moshiri flexing over getting Benitez in. That man has an ego the size of the galaxy though, so can't imagine we'll get any apologies.

All on Moshiri mate. As bad as Blue Bill has been, I don't think even he wanted Benitez. Reports at the time suggest this was firmly Moshiri flexing over getting Benitez in. That man has an ego the size of the galaxy though, so can't imagine we'll get any apologies.
I hope the AGM question period gets vicious.

He will have to come out with something after we sack Benitez explaining why he thought he knew better than everyone else at the club.

Hopefully when this goes tits up he will realize he doesn't have a clue and let someone else pick the next manager.

Still think there was something off about Carlo leaving in the sense that none of them spoke publicly about it . I know, what could they say right? Perhaps acknowledging fan disappointment after a poor end to the season. Something along those lines. Apologies if I’m wrong but I don’t recall anything said apart from Moshiri stating his case for Benitez on Talksport.

Incompetent isn't a strong enough word for these chumps. What we've seen these last 5 years(longer really but Moshiri era) is just plain crap, it is unacceptable but how do you get rid of the idiot owner, especially now a stadium is in the pipeline.

We need to hope he gives his own head a shake and rids the club of parasites. Then leave the football side of things alone to people who know what they are doing.

She is indeed.

The same position as Levy at Spurs. Moore at Liverpool. Woodward when he was at Man Utd etc. Consider the level of scrutiny on those individuals...

I don't think this entire Everton board are capable of progressing the club.

The current CEO has been on the board since 2016 and CEO since 2018 of what is probably fair to describe as a failing organisation.

If I'm Moshiri I make a clean sweep of the board on day one. In the weeks and months that followed I queried on here why - speculating whether he's waiting for Ummanov, whether there's a new stadium clause etc.

I'm still doing that now.

But I'm not Moshiri, I'm just a geek on an internet forum.

A few years ago the CEO told the club's general meeting that Everton's aim is to challenge the top of the league, to win titles.

I think;

If anyone is confident, why?

What has this Everton board delivered, what's in their credentials that suggest they can deliver what their aim is - to challenge for titles?

Her remit covers much more than the football side of things.

The DOF is badly letting her and the owner down. I'm not sure how easy it is to get rid of him as he's on the board.

There are also musings that Moshiri, Brands and BK all have a say in football matters.

A lot of the good work done by the club has her finger prints on it. It's unfortunate that the main part we all analyse is the area she's probably least qualified in and most hamstrung in when it comes to decision making.

Would I have appointed her? No.
Is she doing a good job? That's up fir debate.
Is her DOF letting her down? Absolutely.

They owe us an apology.
The argument about giving Benitez time is always going to be coloured by the fact that the club knowingly hired a manager who the fans have hated for 17 years. They took a gamble on him being so brilliant that we'd all look stupid for doubting him, despite also knowing that they weren't going to give him any money to improve a squad that Ancelotti struggled to get into the top half.

They haven't got a clue what they're doing.

I hope the AGM question period gets vicious.

He will have to come out with something after we sack Benitez explaining why he thought he knew better than everyone else at the club.

Hopefully when this goes tits up he will realize he doesn't have a clue and let someone else pick the next manager.

That will be vetted and scripted like it always is, no one who might ask a tough question will be allowed in. It’s just the annual get together to all lick each other’s hoops.

The argument about giving Benitez time is always going to be coloured by the fact that the club knowingly hired a manager who the fans have hated for 17 years. They took a gamble on him being so brilliant that we'd all look stupid for doubting him, despite also knowing that they weren't going to give him any money to improve a squad that Ancelotti struggled to get into the top half.

They haven't got a clue what they're doing.

The last notable thing Benitez did in management was get Liverpool to Champions League finals and that's going back 15 years. Why did Mosh think he was getting Alex Ferguson in his prime?

He did okay at Newcastle but nothing Chris Hughton didn't do under Ashley (won promotion and then kept them up). Did okay at Napoli but Sarri did better. Flopped at Inter and Real. Previous job was in China.

Like Mourinho, Van Gaal and probably Carlo as well, he's yesterday's man.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back