The Everton Board Thread

According to the Financial Times:

"The bid is set to be factored so that Najafi and MSP would put forward 70 per cent of the capital, while others would contribute the remaining 30 per cent - with these backers likely to come from the Gulf, and particularly Abu Dhabi."

Would not shock me if these were used to try hurry up another party.

Has dragged on too long to suggest genuine interest imo.

A reliable source has told me:

"The FT story has no foundation"

Supposedly throwing near $4 billions at Spurs yet not got a £105m deal over the line for a stake in Everton...
peter johnson held stakes in Everton and Tranmere. Was decided it was a conflict of interests. After he'd signed Simonsen off himself for a then record fee for a keeper.

Funny how things work out...

Ahahahahahahaha LATE BID FROM SPURS @Nymzee

0avdRG05_400x400.jpg

As others have highlighted, an entire Everton board feeling "safer" watching a derby at snake mountain but at the same swerving home games is just incredible. The level of contempt and sheer pig-headed arrogance shown to the supporters is just breath-taking.

Wish Roger Cook was still going. He would chase Kenwright down Goodison Road after blagging Bill that he's a "superbloo" and his new "bessie mate", whilst actually he was investigating the corrupt and inept dealings of the Chairman. Bill on his toes sweating whilst Cook and the camera crew hound him..."Where's the Gordon money, Bill?"

That just means that they're including the value of the debt the club has on its balance sheet in their valuation of the club - it doesn't mean they'd add $750m worth of debt.
Not what I read, it said that MSP is funding 70% of the purchase and acquiring funding elsewhere for the other 30%. That's acquisition debt not pre-existing operating debt.

Najafi is said to be 'weeks away' from formally approaching Spurs owner Joe Lewis and chairman Daniel Levy, according to FT sources. The offer would see Tottenham valued at $3bn before adding $750m of debt. It is claimed it would be MSP and partners contributing 70 per cent of the purchase price while the remaining 30 per cent would come from the MENA region, mainly Abu Dhabi.

Spurs were looking for investment from the Qatari investment authority some weeks ago.

If there is any truth in the MSP capital story, then it would be like losing £20 and finding £10.

Except on a much larger scale, clearly.

Moshiri can as majority shareholder remove the board. But the articles of association require three board members (as do Premier League rules) so an interim Chairman would be needed

By removing the obligation for an EFC AGM Which I believe Moshiri was tricked into by Bill Kenwright and Denise Barrett-Baxendale, this stops the members of the company (minor shareholders, likes of EFCSA etc) from being able to introduce a motion for their removal

In order to call an EFC EGM you need 5% of the votes. Minors: independent and EFCSA make up 4.6%, Kenwright 1.3% and Moshiri's ca. 94.1%

Means without Moshiri that route is blocked.

Legally the only way to get Kenwright out, in my analysis is his unauthorised absence for 6 months from board meetings or Moshiri to remove him

Hence much focus and back channel communications are ongoing to Moshiri.

Moshiri is aware of the need and what he says publicly isn't necessarily what he thinks privately. It's a very political situation

Everyone knows what Bill Kenwright is like too. Moshiri is having to deal with that carefully.

My view is Bill Kenwright is completely irrational. His judgement is very suspect.
You are hinting at, for me, some sort of mental impairment, I said I would not press and rightly so, but I am guessing at some of "degenerative disease" has him and that is tragic if so, if that has impaired any decisions etc relating to the business then that needs to be disclosed in relation to Everton Football Club and its operations but perhaps from a personal note then understandable.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back