The Everton Board Thread

You've missed what I was saying

That was pre "Headlock Gate" on 14 January 2023. Baxendale was in attendance.

Where was Bill Kenwright?

People should be asking themselves

I understood that mate, but that's my point.

Who cares if they go the game or not? I certainly don't. Their choice.

It only becomes an issue, and a big issue when they release a statement saying they're not going because of their scumbag fans.

It only becomes an issue, and a big issue when they release a statement saying they're not going because of their scumbag fans.
If it relates to someone being incapable of doing their job they are employed by Everton Football Club to do it is an issue

I'm suggesting that things are being deliberately held back that is very relevant to what is going on at EFC

If it relates to someone being incapable of doing their job they are employed by Everton Football Club to do it is an issue

Hearsay/speculation just distracts - unless it can be conclusively proven or is out in the open, it's not constructive IMO.

It's not needed either - I'd argue the board have failed this club no matter where one of that board was for one game.

Not what I read, it said that MSP is funding 70% of the purchase and acquiring funding elsewhere for the other 30%. That's acquisition debt not pre-existing operating debt.
It’s not clear from the article how it would be funded, and regardless, funding and valuation are different things - the article alludes to the valuation of the club (equity + debt) which is a very common way to value companies (enterprise value) - hence the article headline: “Billionaire Jahm Najafi set to launch $3.75bn bid for Tottenham Hotspur” - $3bn equity + $750m debt.

Aye. They knew they weren’t going to attend the night before the game because Prentice was briefing people in club at around 9am that morning.

They could have simply not turned up; instead, they decided to create a smear campaign against the fans, which the press lapped up without evidence.

If this is the case then he should be declared unfit to work immediately. It’s a very serious and potentially criminal offence for his doctor to refuse to sign him off in that state.

Appreciate I'm like a stuck record but please let's not be speculating on someones health.

The board should absolutely be attending every game. That is part of their job.

I don't think so personally.

Do I care if Grant Ingles goes to watch Everton vs Leeds on Saturday?

Not one jot.

Would it improve his ability to do his job?

I don't think so.

Of course a board member should be familiar with match days, but being physically at every single game doesn't give them any extra value.

12th Jan. Moshiri: "Look, they’ve been there for a long time. Some are new appointments but their longstanding, dedicated, they’re local and it’s so important to keep the club in Liverpool, the roots in Liverpool. Those are the rules of the club, they love the club, you know they’ve been attending games under every condition"

^ Absolutely insane.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back