The fan negativity isn't helping anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fans (a section of them at least) are perhaps the biggest part of the problem here and looks like they may well end up taking the club down

Negative, lacking awareness, entitled - it’s unfortunate

A fan clear out would do a lot to improve the situation I’d have thought
Partly in jest I mentioned last week how over the next few years we might see a shift in our fan base as prices rise and we move to Bramley Moore, some will be priced out of the market, and we may see more tourist supporters.
Really when you think about is toursist arnt going to ruin their day out being all negative.
Also everyone down there might find themselves surrounded by new people, that might see a change in atmosphere too.

This is a great example - you're valued at '£70m' on here, which suggests you come on here quite a lot and would be considered a dedicated fan

Think of the effort, focus and attention to detail the players are putting in, day in day out

Compare that to the fans - some of whom I expect are pretty lazy and unambitious in their own lives - then just show up with a sense of entitlement, hurling mindless abuse, creating the negative atmosphere the club suffers from - perhaps projecting their own personal inadequacies and frustrations onto the undeserving Everton football players

Is it a Liverpool thing - i.e. as scousers we're just a negative bunch by nature?

Kenwright and Moshiri are putting a huge amount of money and effort into this. Everton have been a top half team for most of the last 20 years. The 'fans' are very lucky to have all this

Until the fan leaders start to take responsibility for their behaviour nothing will change - hopefully the fan board seat will help create better understanding and better fan behaviour top down....

This is a great example - you're valued at '£70m' on here, which suggests you come on here quite a lot and would be considered a dedicated fan

Think of the effort, focus and attention to detail the players are putting in, day in day out

Compare that to the fans - some of whom I expect are pretty lazy and unambitious in their own lives - then just show up with a sense of entitlement, hurling mindless abuse, creating the negative atmosphere the club suffers from - perhaps projecting their own personal inadequacies and frustrations onto the undeserving Everton football players

Is it a Liverpool thing - i.e. as scousers we're just a negative bunch by nature?

Kenwright and Moshiri are putting a huge amount of money and effort into this. Everton have been a top half team for most of the last 20 years. The 'fans' are very lucky to have all this

Until the fan leaders start to take responsibility for their behaviour nothing will change - hopefully the fan board seat will help create better understanding and better fan behaviour top down....
What an odious, arrogant and pompous little twit you sound.
If you dislike the support so much then go and follow some other team (if you don’t already that is.)

I see you've been reading "how to make friends and influence people".

The Roy Keane of GOT. Big fan, you tell us.

The fans (a section of them at least) are perhaps the biggest part of the problem here and looks like they may well end up taking the club down

Well said mate. Don’t let the haters deter you from these much needed truths.

I'm no more or less dedicated than any other supporter so not getting into that. I have my opinions, some people will agree with and some people will disagree with. We all just want to see a good everton side winning football matches.

Players are paid the big money to get results so when they don't, people will ask questions

I don't know what lazy fans have to do with the players. Football is a release from the pressure of daily life so of course people bring their frustrations into it. Do you expect people to detach themselves from their own sense of being for 90 minutes every week? I'm not even sure that's possible. Entitlement - nope I'd say we just want to see competitive team on the pitch. That's the minimum requirement and it's not being delivered. Criticism is deserved when the team sit 16th and players are not meriting their high wages.

I'm not a scouser. I'm from outside Belfast. But yes I am naturally negative and fit the dour irishman steroetype. I am who I am, fair enough.

Money and effort are not enough. We need coherent and logical decision making with proper planning. If I fail constantly at my job my boss is not one bit arsed if I'm trying hard. I'll be asked to pull the finger out.

Fan leaders? Who are you referring to?

I basically agree with you that we need everyone to pull together and support the team on the pitch so we can pull away from danger and retain our PL position. But I fundamentally disagree that pertinent questions shouldn't be asked. If the questions are not asked, nothing will change. And if nothing changes, relegation will inevitably come very soon.

Partly in jest I mentioned last week how over the next few years we might see a shift in our fan base as prices rise and we move to Bramley Moore, some will be priced out of the market, and we may see more tourist supporters.
Really when you think about is toursist arnt going to ruin their day out being all negative.
Also everyone down there might find themselves surrounded by new people, that might see a change in atmosphere too.
Maybe we should scrap season tickets and let everyone pay at the gate so you’re not sitting with the same people week after week.

Not the biggest part of the problem, far from. If the team played well or to standards of what we are (7th or so in regard to budget etc.) then the fans wouldn't be in open revolt.

It is part of the problem though, the atmosphere around the club is toxic and that will help no one, every fan telling the players to keep calm and not panic while completely melting down themselves is a bit rich. Everyone pulling together as a unit we will hopefully pull through, protest - throw bottles on the pitch and everyone will start to give up. We should be pushing for change whilst trying to shield the players from it.

Maybe we should scrap season tickets and let everyone pay at the gate so you’re not sitting with the same people week after week.
Ive actually wondered if we sell too many season tickets, we have made walk ups far too hard to get and with the loss of Stub Hub the walk up or a cheap ticket is very hard, its the same disillusioned fans every week, mostly with pre conceived opinions on what is gong to happem, ready and waiting for the bad pass

No wonder we are all fed up, going to Goodson is not a pleasant experience these days, never known it this bad. The Cheese and Onion pies are very good though.

Ive actually wondered if we sell too many season tickets, we have made walk ups far too hard to get and with the loss of Stub Hub the walk up or a cheap ticket is very hard, its the same disillusioned fans every week, mostly with pre conceived opinions on what is gong to happem, ready and waiting for the bad pass

Better to sell the season tickets as no one is walking up to watch the crap we're currently serving up.

I don’t know what goes on in the board room - I’m sure most of us don’t. I think the kind of interference like that protest yesterday probably doesn’t help.

You know the real problem with some of our fans? Its the happy clappers that try to force this pathetic false positivity on the rest of us and get dead angry if you refuse to just blindly devour the endless plates of crap we get served up. They expect you to be grateful for the endless plates of crap and want you to beg for more of it! These idiots would be saying the same nonsense about the "negative fans" and demanding that we see the upside even if we where down in the conference and getting fisted 5-0 at home to Barnet!

Respect works both ways. I don’t see how trying to be morally superior in some sense is going out of your way to be deliberately condescending and obnoxious to others you don’t agree with.

You only have to look at this forum and in particular the responses after the Arsenal game mocking those small numbers who walked out. They decided to say and post those things then have the nerve to call others toxic when if anything, they are stirring things further between supporters. Perhaps that’s the idea ?

Status
Not open for further replies.