The fan negativity isn't helping anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your wasting your time mate, no one will listen, Ive been saying this all season, the players need positive suppport more then ever, I fully expected Goodison to be rocking today but it was no better then last week, the most vocal some got was to shout abuse at Gerrard, pathetic again, as for the bottle throwers they have to be banned for life, no excuses. Even the ref and a few tackles didnt get the crowd up for it, if Duncan cant lift the crowd nobody can
If Dunc has actually played a decent team we might of won.. the fans are not to blame. Zero shots on goal in the 1st half.. that’s not the fans

I'd go as far to say that he did, and there was actually a good positive, or at the very least, semi positive atmosphere in the build up to today's game.

But that quickly made way for the thunderous boos as Villa crossed the pitch, which you just know made it all the sweeter for Gerrard and others involved. Everything we had worked on and fostered in the short time since we sacked Benitez, gone in an instant. And it continued throughout. It wasn't a defiant rallying cry, it was the twisted vitriol of people who don't even know what they are upset about any more. The booing of Digne every time he approached the ball in the 1st half was equally embarrassing and confusing, as it was he who essentially put the final nail in Benitez metaphorical coffin.

And ultimately, they had the last laugh, as so many do against Everton.

That negativity is the poison that has spread through this club from head to toe for more than an entire generation now, and I genuinely can't see a way of fixing it. I hate that they call us bitter, and in doing so, dismiss any and all of the genuine reasons and occurrences that have caused the bitterness to rise. I hate it as the condescending generalisation that it is, spouted by the most arrogant, spoilt and privileged set of hate filled, oblivious, deluded bullies that they seemingly aspire to be.

But we are bitter, without a doubt, and it's killing us.

We always want and expect more, regardless of whether we have earnt it. We are never happy with anything and constantly looking at what others have with envy. Collectively, we are an extremely bipolar fanbase, one minute extolling the virtues of "the best such and such" in the league, or Europe or even the world, and then quick as a flash, accusing some of the same people of then being "the worst". In most cases, neither are true, but the hyperbole around certain players, does absolutely nothing for them, 1 way or the other.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Who knew Yoda was talking about Everton.
Actually mate the Word Bitter is what the RS say when losing an argument.. no one cares what they say or they do we care about our club and if you havnt noticed which you clearly havnt we are going down

So you believe fans don’t play a part in a football match then?

we could have probably had Moyes back and been where westham are if it wasn’t for the fans. Our fans are deluded and it has a negative effect for the mast 27 years.
How did we stop Moyes? Carlo Ancelotti was available and we took him.. the board in their excitement put a clause in where he could leave for free.. that wasn’t the fans.
The fans play a big part in football match but players need to turn up and have actual tactics instead of playing 442 and punt it up to DCL who a far far better player then just a target man.

Ask yourself why James wanted out last season, why Lucas hasnt been bothered for 12 months, our fan base is the 12th man for the team we play, even Duncan couldn't get them up for today.
This same 12-18 months where for most of it fans havnt been allowed in the stadium?

Aeroplanes, bottles, general negativity - the fans will end up taking the club down

Can the forum leaders take a lead in injecting some positivity please?

The players will need as much confidence and support as they can get to beat the drop....
I’ve heard you like glory holes

What is the answer to this?

We can say sack the board restructure up top etc which does need to happen, however right now this minute what is the answer? We need to stay up.

I was there yesterday and at no point in any attack did we look like scoring. We registered one shot on target at home when fighting for our lives.

Playing Gray and Townsend two opposite foot wingers, with 2 players who like to get on the end of balls (DCL and Richarlison) is counter productive to the attack. Should be gray and Gordon as Gordon can whip in from the right as he did when he came on.

Then we had Godfrey LB didn't have a bad game but going forward he's useless as it's his weaker foot.

Kenny I thought had one his better performances this season. But still offered very little in terms of delivery into the box

Can any manager in the world get something out of this squad?

Even if it's Niko Kovac, is he really going to get this team banging in goals?

Your wasting your time mate, no one will listen, Ive been saying this all season, the players need positive suppport more then ever, I fully expected Goodison to be rocking today but it was no better then last week, the most vocal some got was to shout abuse at Gerrard, pathetic again, as for the bottle throwers they have to be banned for life, no excuses. Even the ref and a few tackles didnt get the crowd up for it, if Duncan cant lift the crowd nobody can
It felt like yesterday was the snapping point for many supporters.
Frustration over a decades long decline which has been exacerbated rather than arrested by the arrival of new ownership.
E-mails with declarations of intent are fine but are essentially meaningless without the actions to back them up.
Those who have those who currently have the custodianship of this club need to shape up or ship out with immediate effect.
My patience has worn thin.
No more excuses

It felt like yesterday was the snapping point for many supporters.
Frustration over a decades long decline which has been exacerbated rather than arrested by the arrival of new ownership.
E-mails with declarations of intent are fine but are essentially meaningless without the actions to back them up.
Those who have those who currently have the custodianship of this club need to shape up or ship out with immediate effect.
My patience has worn thin.
No more excuses
Walking out is was very quiet, almost eerie, like everyone had thrown the towel in, snapping point is right, it was like entering another stage of grief.

Walking out is was very quiet, almost eerie, like everyone had thrown the towel in, snapping point is right, it was like entering another stage of grief.
It was like a wake it was surreal, but we have got 18 games to turn this around. The problem is we haven’t got any real footballers in the team. Bernard for his shortcomings could put a foot on the ball, James could dictate and control the ball, Lucas Digne, Siggardson all gone. You need a mixture of runners and players and we’ve got a team of runners but no ballers, considering our predicament, I would play Godfrey or Braithwaite alongside Mina, We’ve just spent 30 million on 2 young fullbacks. Get them in. A midfield 3 preferably of Allan and Doucoure if fit and Gordon as a 10 in a free role, Finally Richarlison, DCL and Gray up top and have Dobbin, ElGhasi and Townsend cameo roles for these in that order. Maybe Gomes to see games out I’m midfield for fresh legs or give the young kid some minutes. At least we would have a bit of balance in the team with actual attacking threat from the fullbacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.