• 👍

Votes: 704 70.2%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 261 26.0%
  • 👎

Votes: 38 3.8%

• Total voters
I tend to agree

Perhaps this is too simplistic but it seems to me that TFG wants us if they can get us on the cheap and so it represents a very sound investment opportunity whereas Textor just wants us.

Dors that makes Textor a better potential owner than TFG ? No I don't think so but it makes me a bit nervous about TFGs motivation.

However big JT just makes me nervous because he seems like a real maverick.

TFG the safer bet I think.

Either better than what we've got now.

Any prospective owner who tries to get us as cheap as possible without leveraging the purchase for me is the type of owner id rather have, everything spent on purchasing the club is money out from the new owner.

Friedkin gor Roma 200m cheaper by pulling away from the deal initially, first summer he shelled out 110m net on transfers, doubt that happens if he'd paid the original price

Last edited:
Looks like it’s coming along great @Damo_1878

IMG_1258.webp

You can blend in and have a good old stare with that ingenious fence costume. Nice to see you working in your legal office too…

Any prospective owner who tries to get us as cheap as possible without me rushing debt for me is the type of owner id rather have, everything spent on purchasing the club is money out from the new owner.

Friedkin gor Roma 200m cheaper by pulling away from the deal initially, first summer he shelled out 110m net on transfers, doubt that happens if he'd paid the original price
Exactly. Bill acquired us with basically nothing to his name and look how that turned out. In Textor’s defense, I believe he has a lot of resources and friends that can help him once he acquires the club. Paying 500mil-1bil for a club will require a lot of on hand cash which is the main thing that is holding this up. I am more wary of Textor’s character as an owner as I think he is a bit of a goober.

Exactly. Bill acquired us with basically nothing to his name and look how that turned out. In Textor’s defense, I believe he has a lot of resources and friends that can help him once he acquires the club. Paying 500mil-1bil for a club will require a lot of on hand cash which is the main thing that is holding this up. I am more wary of Textor’s character as an owner as I think he is a bit of a goober.

I think he's like a lot of the guys who made their money in tech a bit of a dreamer mate, whilst that can work in a field like that which is very free thinking and big leaps into the unknown.

An owner of a footy team I'd want as a hard nosed businessman with a well thought out progression plan. Dave the dreaming for their hobbies not for running out club.

TFG every day of the week for me, the work he did with Roma has been superb

I think he's like a lot of the guys who made their money in tech a bit of a dreamer mate, whilst that can work in a field like that which is very free thinking and big leaps into the unknown.

An owner of a footy team I'd want as a hard nosed businessman with a well thought out progression plan. Dave the dreaming for their hobbies not for running out club.

TFG every day of the week for me, the work he did with Roma has been superb

why do
you think IF TRUE he’s come back in?

he walked away ( which can’t be due to the state we’re in ( as he would know ?

he doesn’t want textor having another club?

again tho this is all of one bloomberg article?

IF this is true

remember years ago gregg V bk?

we know how that went!

….maybe have a Friedkin v Textor vote in a thread posters can set out why they voted for a particular investor.

Personally, I wouldn’t know who to vote for at this point but would find the discussion useful in helping me form a view.
Harry Hill should moderate a fight between the pair

I think TFG are just being smart about this and not wanting to pay a billion for a club that may be worth half that at most. At this point, they seem the most likely candidate unless some oil prince comes in and bids silly money. I hate being caught in the middle of all of these shenanigans but it is entirely Moshiri’s fault and not TFG for putting us in all of this debt. They are just riding out the storm hoping that Moshiri budges and Moshiri is hoping we can stay up til the stadium is complete and sell us then when the team is worth more.

it’s risky mate for him to just hang on

I E on the pitch

we need this sorting asap

textor says by november and will spend in january

and had outlined a plan

and ( people don’t beat me with the he’s not sold his shares yet please! 😂 )

if he says by november then he will have them sold then

sell
to text or?!!!!

why do
you think IF TRUE he’s come back in?

he walked away ( which can’t be due to the state we’re in ( as he would know ?

he doesn’t want textor having another club?

again tho this is all of one bloomberg article?

IF this is true

remember years ago gregg V bk?

we know how that went!

He originally approached Roma in the December mate, progressed pretty far into buying them, then in February pulled out of the deal citing due to COVID the worth of Roma was now in his eyes significantly lower, came back in three months later as Romas financial issues worsened and bought the club in May for 200m less than the initial deal was gonna be for.

I'm almost certain him walking away initially was all down to letting Moshiri sweat as the finances get worse and worse - with the full intention of coming back in to get more favourable terms at a later date.

I'm Italian football the club with the most potential for what it was to whet it had been was Roma, I'd say in England that club is probably us (combination of clubs history and current state)

Funnily enough the Italian club with the most time in the top division since the club's founding is....

Roma it's 100 years nearly now since they were formed, in that time they've spent one season total out of the top flight in the 50's, a very weird coincidence between us and them actually.

In short, I do think Friedkin ever walked away in what he intended, he just did it as a strategic move.

it’s risky mate for him to just hang on

I E on the pitch

we need this sorting asap

textor says by november and will spend in january

and had outlined a plan

and ( people don’t beat me with the he’s not sold his shares yet please! 😂 )

if he says by november then he will have them sold then

sell
to text or?!!!!
I think it will ultimately be TFG. Textor has too many hurdles to overcome. Hopefully it gets sorted sooner rather than later, but I can see us being held hostage by Moshiri a while longer.

He originally approached Roma in the December mate, progressed pretty far into buying them, then in February pulled out of the deal citing due to COVID the worth of Roma was now in his eyes significantly lower, came back in three months later as Romas financial issues worsened and bought the club in May for 200m less than the initial deal was gonna be for.

I'm almost certain him walking away initially was all down to letting Moshiri sweat as the finances get worse and worse - with the full intention of coming back in to get more favourable terms at a later date.

I'm Italian football the club with the most potential for what it was to whet it had been was Roma, I'd say in England that club is probably us (combination of clubs history and current state)

Funnily enough the Italian club with the most time in the top division since the club's founding is....

Roma it's 100 years nearly now since they were formed, in that time they've spent one season total out of the top flight in the 50's, a very weird coincidence between us and them actually.

In short, I do think Friedkin ever walked away in what he intended, he just did it as a strategic move.

but mate ( sorry to ramble ) if he’s walked away even tho he’s lent us 200 mill which is odd)

to get a lower price
moshiri is going to sell for the highest price

so how do we know textor not offering what moshiri wants?

we can’t afford it to keep dragging on either way with the current situation

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back