THE GYM THREAD

Do you work out mate?

• Total voters
Today’s session:

Keeping things fairly light for now and just ensuring my form is 100%. It’s amazing how much quicker you see results when you’re disciplined.

I planned on doing more abs work but my core strength is terrible and I was done after the sit ups.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Supersets and drop sets are the most efficient way of training for building muscle.

16372D43-1852-4103-AC86-7CD7519D1A74.jpeg

Today’s session:

Keeping things fairly light for now and just ensuring my form is 100%. It’s amazing how much quicker you see results when you’re disciplined.

I planned on doing more abs work but my core strength is terrible and I was done after the sit ups.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Supersets and drop sets are the most efficient way of training for building muscle.

View attachment 201518
Christ, that screenshot is fkn huge.

Everyone ready for tomorrow, Monday is international chest day
I shall be partaking tuesday as normal, every bench press and chest machine to myself.
Was in there this morning with the craziest cats of all.. the 8am sunday service, utter loons them lot, well out me depth.

Anyone ever develop shoulder issues from doing push exercises? BB/DB bench, OH press, shoulder press machine etc?

Have an issue with my right shoulder at the minute, but for some reason, I’m able to do chin ups, rows, leg exercises etc, without issue.

And no sensible advice please, such as avoid the exercises that hurt and stick to the ones that don’t hurt, until it heals. Thanks x

Anyone ever develop shoulder issues from doing push exercises? BB/DB bench, OH press, shoulder press machine etc?

Have an issue with my right shoulder at the minute, but for some reason, I’m able to do chin ups, rows, leg exercises etc, without issue.

And no sensible advice please, such as avoid the exercises that hurt and stick to the ones that don’t hurt, until it heals. Thanks x
I used to get a bit of pain in my left shoulder whilst doing dumbbell chest press so I rotated my grip 90° so that my palms were facing inwards. An older bodybuilder gave me that tip years ago as he had very dodgy shoulders.

I know in my gym there’s a shoulder press machine with two different grips, so you can also do palms in.

Bit of a confession here, but I really like machines in addition to free weights. They’ve got a lot better over the years and you can really feel the pinch on a good one. They’re great for when you can’t be arsed lugging plates everywhere and drop sets are a doddle.

Yes mate. I’ve been carrying a problem in the front my right shoulder for about nine months now. I can feel it on push exercises but it’s very noticeable on a flat bench, less so incline or decline. I’ve had it before with the other shoulder and sadly they become more common. Can only only rest or work through them. Not sure it’s linked but since j started doing more cables it seems to eased it although that may just be time like the last time I had one last year on the other shoulder. The only other way is painkillers before training or eventually a small op. Train through it, adjusted, and it should eventually heal.

I used to get a bit of pain in my left shoulder whilst doing dumbbell chest press so I rotated my grip 90° so that my palms were facing inwards. An older bodybuilder gave me that tip years ago as he had very dodgy shoulders.

I know in my gym there’s a shoulder press machine with two different grips, so you can also do palms in.

Bit of a confession here, but I really like machines in addition to free weights. They’ve got a lot better over the years and you can really feel the pinch on a good one. They’re great for when you can’t be arsed lugging plates everywhere and drop sets are a doddle.
Do you go a proper gym or a studie central one like pure?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back