THE GYM THREAD

Do you work out mate?

• Total voters
father-ted-graham-norton.gif

Today’s session:

Keeping things fairly light for now and just ensuring my form is 100%. It’s amazing how much quicker you see results when you’re disciplined.

I planned on doing more abs work but my core strength is terrible and I was done after the sit ups.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Supersets and drop sets are the most efficient way of training for building muscle.

View attachment 201518

Disagree.

Supersets and drop-sets are helpful when cutting and trying to get leaner.

Gaining strength is the best way to gain muscle. Progressive overload + small caloric surplus is key.

Do you go a proper gym or a studie central one like pure?
I call them globo gyms, but yeah mine isn’t a ‘proper’ body builders gym or anything.

I prefer globo gyms these days if I’m honest. They’re generally cleaner, have better facilities, and conveniences such as fob access. The quality of equipment in these gyms has improved hugely since I started, too.

And anyway I don’t like being the skinniest person in the gym.

Disagree.

Supersets and drop-sets are helpful when cutting and trying to get leaner.

Gaining strength is the best way to gain muscle. Progressive overload + small caloric surplus is key.
Yeah, I was a bit vague there. In my experience supersets and drop sets have been the best way to increase muscle mass quickly.

In some ways the way I train incorporates principles of strength training and hypertrophy. For example, if I'm doing a drop set I tend to lift heavy on the first set and aim for 5-8 reps, and then on the drop 8-12 reps. I also enjoy the intensity because it keeps me moving more frequently and I get through my sessions quicker. There's likely a few factors now that I think about it a bit more.

Yes mate. I’ve been carrying a problem in the front my right shoulder for about nine months now. I can feel it on push exercises but it’s very noticeable on a flat bench, less so incline or decline. I’ve had it before with the other shoulder and sadly they become more common. Can only only rest or work through them. Not sure it’s linked but since j started doing more cables it seems to eased it although that may just be time like the last time I had one last year on the other shoulder. The only other way is painkillers before training or eventually a small op. Train through it, adjusted, and it should eventually heal.
Same. I’ve definitely had shoulder injuries in the past but these days it’s just a series of niggles. Getting old, innit?

Physio gave me a few resistance band exercises to do that have really helped. Mobility and stretching is key.

Same. I’ve definitely had shoulder injuries in the past but these days it’s just a series of niggles. Getting old, innit?

Physio gave me a few resistance band exercises to do that have really helped. Mobility and stretching is key.
Aye man it’s nasty this ageing thing. THANK GOD FOR STEROIDS.

Not sure if it’s your thing but yoga is honestly incredibly for fixing any persistent niggles of mine.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back