The L.C.A.B. / THT Transfer Window Thread ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
not doubting you mate, but who were they they.

One was the renowned Dr william goodluck from nigeria who said he had 100,000,000.00 to support the club with and just needed a €55 stamp for a letter (and clubs bank details) to get this vast fortune, naturally bill excepted and the good doctor burst his sides laughing when he saw our bank balance. He died laughing and we lost out on the €€€€€€. (have e-mail confirming whole offer).

Ok, another point of order: the window closes at 11pm...so is there time to do a deal with clubs on the continent after that point?

:hay:

Still feeling something amazing turns up when i wake tomorrow and check the OS.

But it's one of those feelings like when you think you could still get together with and get laid with the wife who you've just recently divorced.

I should be drinking at this point.

Nice one people for the posts , comments and the odd abuse (ha ha) ! We are devastated by the way this worked out in the end and I think we all know where the blame lies despite people still burying their heads ! I think it's been compounded further by our friends from across the park spending £60 odd million on two strikers !! Anyway, it's been a disappointing window but I did highlight the fact that our board are useless !! Myself and my brother don't sign the players or indeed bid for them , just so you know ( points at the people who blamed us for lack of transfer activity) !!!

Take it easy peeps ..... (shakes head and walks off ) ...

Last edited:
not doubting you mate, but who were they they.

Both times it was overseas parties mate, both different also. There is no way i could ever say who or how much, but that wasnt the issue, it was good ol' blue bill making outlandish demands. And if he left tomorrow id bet my life on one of the parties coming straight in with an offer. What was his line "no potential investors" yeah right. He needs to stop living his childhood fantasy now, and come back to the real world. A world where at this rate no matter who the manager is, Everton will always be struggling to get a good PL pos. Last year it was only Man City and Spurs buying, now its almost every team investing, that word Bill loves to use. Im gutted, really gutted.

Can we have a whip around to fund a hit on Kenwright please?

I've got a tenner. That's £10 more than Bill's forked out this window.

If Bill knows he can't take us any further (and he does), why doesn't he go out looking for investment. The RS down the road paid some firm 2m to go out and find investors. What's Bill doing?

Genuinely mate, I think he believes what he says, that he's looking "24/7", but the man is just not business savvy and his version of looking 24/7 is probably leaving his mobile on the bedside cabinet at night. And even then I'd bet it was on silent.

With the ****e, much as it pains me to say it, they've won what they've won, knocked around the top spots in the league and most of it since football took off on telly in the 70's, it's contributed to them becoming this global brand. To some tit with a load of wedge, they're "sexier" than us, even if they are supported by a bunch of badge & scarf wearing tits.
Furthermore, do we have 2million sheets to do the same thing? Probably not

Both times it was overseas parties mate, both different also. There is no way i could ever say who or how much, but that wasnt the issue, it was good ol' blue bill making outlandish demands. And if he left tomorrow id bet my life on one of the parties coming straight in with an offer. What was his line "no potential investors" yeah right. He needs to stop living his childhood fantasy now, and come back to the real world. A world where at this rate no matter who the manager is, Everton will always be struggling to get a good PL pos. Last year it was only Man City and Spurs buying, now its almost every team investing, that word Bill loves to use. Im gutted, really gutted.

I think were all gutted lid, but using stories of false bids rejected by Kenwright isn't gonna make it feel better.

Nice one people for the posts , comments and the odd abuse (ha ha) ! We are devastated by the way this worked out in the end and I think we all know where the blame lies despite people still burying their heads ! I think it's been compounded further by our friends from across the park spending £60 odd million on two strikers !! Anyway, it's been a disappointing window but I did highlight the fact that our board are useless !! Myself and my brother don't sign the players or indeed bid for them , just so you know ( points at the people who blamed us for lack of transfer activity) !!!

Take it easy peeps ..... (shakes head and walks off ) ...

Dont knock yourself mate. You cant magic the deals up to satisfy people. You and LCAB did what you could: kept us informed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back