Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cardiff signing Medel... Obviously not wanting to change colours to red or anything but I can see us struggling a lot second half of the season.

I think Levy is going down the route of buying up all the young talent for a reasonable price and then flogging them on for a totally over-inflated price if they are not up to scratch. Im sure thats what he did with Pienaar. Picked him up for peanuts and then sold him on for a profit. Im sure Redknapp never wanted him there. We could do with an arsehole like him (Levy) working here, someone who could get blood out of a stone
While this is true, remember he is also paying millions in wages, in the meanwhile.

Last edited:

I think they are movin to a 433, AVB played like that in his Porto days and the only way I can make sense of their signings. They could probably field Sandro, Dembele and Paulinho in midfield, and Bale, Soldado and Chadli upfront. Capoue, Holtby, Lennon, Defoe, Adebayor and Sigurson (spelling??) as backups.

Great choices if you ask me. They are building a squad to compete for a top 4 finish and win a trophy, probably the EL.

I think they are movin to a 433, AVB played like that in his Porto days and the only way I can make sense of their signings. They could probably field Sandro, Dembele and Paulinho in midfield, and Bale, Soldado and Chadli upfront. Capoue, Holtby, Lennon, Defoe, Adebayor and Sigurson (spelling??) as backups.

Great choices if you ask me. They are building a squad to compete for a top 4 finish and win a trophy, probably the EL.

Great squad yes but, you can only play 11 at a time. Unlike the real top 3 at the moment, they have few great players just lots of good players.
Imo, they would be better selling some of their many good midfielders and buying 1 or 2 great midfileders

Anyone else thinking that we havent gone for McCarthy because Robbie has been impressed with Barkley.

I realise no-one could say for definite whether this is right, however if Wigan are after £10,000,000 plus for him, and Ross is showing signs of realising his potential, it may mean that (if we keep Felli) we might not need a CM as much as thought?

I know people say his best position is behind the striker, but everytime ive seen him play he looks like a true box-to-box midfielder. Great technique, strong in the tackle. He would be able to play in CM I reckon.

Question therefore, is do we need any further incoming transfers, or are we good to go for the season (or at least until january)

Would have to disagree. I think Sandro, Dembele, Paulinho, Bale and Soldado, maybe even Chadli would all be regular fixtures at ManUtd, Arsenal, Chelsea and ManCity. I know those clubs already have great players in midfield and attack but those 6 players are at the same if not close to the level of their counterparts at those other clubs.

Anyone else thinking that we havent gone for McCarthy because Robbie has been
impressed with Barkley.

I realise no-one could say for definite
whether this is right, however if Wigan
are after £10,000,000 plus for him,
and Ross is showing signs of realising
his potential, it may mean that (if we
keep Felli) we might not need a CM as
much as thought?
I know people say his best position is behind the striker, but everytime ive
seen him play he looks like a true
box-to-box midfielder. Great
technique, strong in the tackle. He
would be able to play in CM I reckon.

Question therefore, is do we need any
further incoming transfers, or are we
good to go for the season (or at least
until january)

We havent gone after McCarthy because we dont have the money til we sell someone. I dont think we will be seeing Ross as much as some people imagine either. Needs loaning out for me.

its embarrassing that the premier league has a tv deal worth billions and we still have ****ing kenwright as the chairman.

Have to say I've made my peace about our limited spending power over the years best I could, but this summer I feel nothing less than outraged.

- English football is richer than ever before.
- The market is going through heavy inflation where player per pound spent is rapidly declining.
- Clubs around us are signing quality left right and centre.
- We have a New manager who should be backed to implement his own ideas.

And one Week from the start of the season our Neh spending is still at a lousy 6 mil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back