Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Medel to Cardiff for over £11m, done deal!. I wont have people tell me that the new extra revenue from the new TV deal hasn't already come into play this season when Cardiff City have gone and spent nearly £30m on 3 players this summer and weve took a £8m or whatever sized loan out to buy players!.

Cardiff, is this the same Cardiff that just got promoted, the same Cardiff that have probably gone from 20m a Season TV Deal to around 80m a Season? The Cardiff whos owner has a net worth in excess of 1bn? That Cardiff?

The 8m we spent was probably the increase in the first payment.

PL-TV-income-11-12-split.jpg

PL-TV-split-13-14-forecasts1.jpg

13.7m 2012
23.4m 2013

Kone 5m
Robles 1.6m
Martinez 2m

All other payments will be paid next Summer, they cant pay us prize money untill they know where we finished and they cant pay us for being on the tele untill we have been on the tele.

Last edited:
Cardiff have an owner with cash, and more importantly willing to invest.

Not that the money coming in from teh TV deal can't be used, just loan against it.

I know they have, but there chairman said when they got promoted, they wouldn't spend big, but clearly he's worked out the maths of what they will be due in new revenue in the next 3-4 years and allowed Mackay to spend big on just 3 players, and I bet they haven't done there either?!.

Martinez is looking for McCarthy :(

If we lose Fellaini we are going to be much worse off as a team this season, considering his play in the goal against Real Madrid I don't know how folks can say he won't fit in. Really hope Martinez does well, but if Felli goes it is the start of the slippery slope.

Cardiff, is this the same Cardiff that just got promoted, the same Cardiff that have probably gone from 20m a Season TV Deal to around 80m a Season? The Cardiff whos owner has a net worth in excess of 1bn? That Cardiff?

The 8m we spent was probably the increase in the first payment.

PL-TV-income-11-12-split.jpg

PL-TV-split-13-14-forecasts1.jpg

13.7m 2012
23.4m 2012

Kone 5m
Robles 1.6m
Martinez 2m

All other payments will be paid next Summer, they cant pay us prize money untill they know where we finished and they cant pay us for being on the tele untill we have been on the tele.

Yeh but surely are financial team have budgeted for say, a top 7-8 finish and have worked out roughly what we could earn in revenue come next season on the basis of that and take a loan out on the strength of that?.

So whats Swansea's & Norwich's excuse for spending £20m plus then, cos they haven't only just come up and got cash rich chairman/chairwoman?!.

If you roughly break down our cashflow it does indeed make sorry reading.

The TV money basically pays the wages.

Then we get around 3m a Season from Kitbag, about 50p a Season from Chang, Ticket sales go to pay off debts and people wonder why we havent spent any money.

If you roughly break down our cashflow it does indeed make sorry reading.

The TV money basically pays the wages.

Then we get around 3m a Season from Kitbag, about 50p a Season from Chang, Ticket sales go to pay off debts and people wonder why we havent spent any money.

Oh I know where in the **** money wise but you cant ignore that this new tv deal is gonna be worth upto £30m extra a season to all prem clubs, £30m we certainly didn't have before!. I know you keep posting your tables and things but that is what ive read in black and white, we will all get close to £30m extra on top of what we earned before this new tv deal.

You cant tell me that over 3-4 years, nigh on £90m is just gonna come into the club and vanish on debts?!.

Yeh but surely are financial team have budgeted for say, a top 7-8 finish and have worked out roughly what we could earn in revenue come next season on the basis of that and take a loan out on the strength of that?.

So whats Swansea's & Norwich's excuse for spending £20m plus then, cos they haven't only just come up and got cash rich chairman/chairwoman?!.

To be honest mate I dont really focus on other teams money, but Swansea and Norwich havent long joined the Premiership money train.

Maybe they have better credit ratings and can actually get loans.

To be honest mate I dont really focus on other teams money, but Swansea and Norwich havent long joined the Premiership money train.

Maybe they have better credit ratings and can actually get loans.

I know what your saying mate but there clearly taking loans out on the strength of summat, possibly an extra £30m coming in over 3-4 years in revenue?!

Oh I know where in the **** money wise but you cant ignore that this new tv deal is gonna be worth upto £30m extra a season to all prem clubs, £30m we certainly didn't have before!. I know you keep posting your tables and things but that is what ive read in black and white, we will all get close to £30m extra on top of what we earned before this new tv deal.

You cant tell me that over 3-4 years, nigh on £90m is just gonna come into the club and vanish on debts?!.

No im saying that we dont have 90m at the moment, im saying the bulk will be paid next Summer, then over the next 3 years.

No im saying that we dont have 90m at the moment, im saying the bulk will be paid next Summer, then over the next 3 years.

I know that. All im saying is, I know were in financial sh!t but why cant we loan out more and spend more than £8-10m on the basis were due a considerable increase in revenue in years to come?.

Im all for clearing debts to an extent but we still need to keep competitive on the footballing side of things, that's my gripe and argument.

I know that. All im saying is, I know were in financial sh!t but why cant we loan out more and spend more than £8-10m on the basis were due a considerable increase in revenue in years to come?.

Im all for clearing debts to an extent but we still need to keep competitive on the footballing side of things, that's my gripe and argument.

Its 1 way to do things, the Board have clearly gone another route, instead of getting in more debt, they are probably gonna get some of the debts down whilst spending reasonable amounts.

As I keep trying to point out, we should be pretty cash rich next Summer, lets see what happens then.

And its almost like your forgetting about the 43m worth of players we possibly could sell in the next 3 weeks.

This Summer we have spent far more than we have for a while, we have a positive net spend, we paid compo for a new Manager, we redesigned the badge into an eyesore, we relaid the pitch, im not sure if you saw the interview with the groundstaff, he said he has been asking for that new pitch for 10 years, but due to costs he was told to jog on.

All these things add up.

Im certainly not defending the board, its a complete joke and for me highlights what utter bellends we have in charge, but thats the way it is im afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back