Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gota say a tad apprehensive about New season. Yea we have bought in a few players to add to the squad the fellaini issue I think will run and run. Think he will either go on transfer deadline Day or not at all.. Leaving us with no time to replace him.I'd have loved to have seen a marquee signing one that we could all say yea he is a top player...

Anyone else thinking that we havent gone for McCarthy because Robbie has been impressed with Barkley.

I realise no-one could say for definite whether this is right, however if Wigan are after £10,000,000 plus for him, and Ross is showing signs of realising his potential, it may mean that (if we keep Felli) we might not need a CM as much as thought?

I know people say his best position is behind the striker, but everytime ive seen him play he looks like a true box-to-box midfielder. Great technique, strong in the tackle. He would be able to play in CM I reckon.

Question therefore, is do we need any further incoming transfers, or are we good to go for the season (or at least until january)

We havent gone for McCarthy due to not having any money.

Sales before buys from now on.

Have to say I've made my peace about our limited spending power over the years best I could, but this summer I feel nothing less than outraged.

- English football is richer than ever before.
- The market is going through heavy inflation where player per pound spent is rapidly declining.
- Clubs around us are signing quality left right and centre.
- We have a New manager who should be backed to implement his own ideas.

And one Week from the start of the season our Neh spending is still at a lousy 6 mil.
It's going to be much worse than that. I'll be proven 100% on my prediction we'll have a negative netspend come September 3rd. Which given all the circumstances you outline will be utterly shameful.

It's going to be much worse than that. I'll be proven 100% on my prediction we'll have a negative netspend come September 3rd. Which given all the circumstances you outline will be utterly shameful.

It's just unacceptable. ****ing Cardiff, Southampton, West Ham, Sunderland, Norwich and Swansea. That's not even considering the superpowers of Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd and Arsenal who can just blow all other teams out the water, yet they're the clubs Martinez is expected to compete with, it is to that standard that he will be held accountable for some insane reason. There is simply no way we should be competing with those 6, that we have finished above Liverpool two seasons in a row is a complete joke when you compare budgets. If anyone is going to be bold in punching above their weight, however, it's Martinez and I firmly believe he was probably (and is) the ideal candidate for this type of job, but make no mistake finishing above any of those 6 will be an achievement.

Outperforming the clutch of mid-table sides whose budgets dwarf ours is simply expected.

Medel to Cardiff for over £11m, done deal!. I wont have people tell me that the new extra revenue from the new TV deal hasn't already come into play this season when Cardiff City have gone and spent nearly £30m on 3 players this summer and weve took a £8m or whatever sized loan out to buy players!.

Medel to Cardiff for over £11m, done deal!. I wont have people tell me that the new extra revenue from the new TV deal hasn't already come into play this season when Cardiff City have gone and spent nearly £30m on 3 players this summer and weve took a £8m or whatever sized loan out to buy players!.

whatt a aktulal fak---suprising that

i have to assume that martinez is looking for big hit

Cardiff have an owner with cash, and more importantly willing to invest.

Not that the money coming in from teh TV deal can't be used, just loan against it.

whatt a aktulal fak---suprising that

i have to assume that martinez is looking for big hit

Basically every club in the prem bar us is spending big on the basis were all due an increase in TV revenue due to the new TV deal in the up and coming years!.

What is are excuse for not spending more than £8m so far this summer?. And I do truly believe we haven't got anymore money to spend now unless we sell. Someone tried telling me we'd took another loan out from Vibrac to possibly fund are summer transfer dealings but why haven't we spent say, £15m or more, a percentage of the increased income all clubs are due in the coming years, cos of the new TV deal?. Everyone else is, why not us.

I know weve got debts and things to cover, but surely we can afford to spend more than £8m this summer?!.

I'd love to believe that there's still money in the kitty to buy a decent player but I cant see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back