Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who signed those players and had them playing better?

Again, if we finished higher than EVERY team we realistically could have, is that not worthy of praise?

Seemingly not in some quarters. Those quarters being the ones that think we should be challenging the League's billionaires on a budget of magic beans & change from down the back of Bill's couch.

Anyway, we're about to be treated to some proper football now apparently.

I recken it unfair to ask Martinez to get 6th this season, Moyes is one of the best managers in this league so we're going to be sacking managers every 24 months if we're going to compare them to Moyes. Moyes also worked under no pressure and was afforded the stability from the fans. We have to give Martinez time to put his stamp on the team, i'm abit worried about this already as ive been reading the pre season threads and I was gobsmacked by some of the responses.

lol, so stability out weighs cash then? Using that 'logic' if he stayed for another 10 would you have been expecting us to win the league like?

no because i don't view the teams below us as seriously outspending us, and if they do, it tends to be higher prices for inferior players, because the best wont go to them.

no because i don't view the teams below us as seriously outspending us, and if they do, it tends to be higher prices for inferior players, because the best wont go to them.

But they have done - regularly.

By saying that they spent that cash on overpriced inferior players, that surely makes our performance in that area superb by comparison then - given that we've spent less & have better players?

But they have done - regularly.

By saying that they spent that cash on overpriced inferior players, that surely makes our performance in that area superb by comparison then - given that we've spent less & have better players?

no we just havent overspent on inferior players - not hard to do. teams below us are frightened of relegation so pull the trigger on rubbish - look at sunderland etc.

and while other teams may have outspent us in transfer fee terms, wages tell a very different story indeed, as we've consistently been near the top of the table in wages.

Last edited:
no we just havent overspent on inferior players - not hard to do. teams below us are frightened of relegation so pull the trigger on rubbish - look at sunderland etc.

:lol: So it wasn't us buying better players for less money it was the others (all of them) consistently ****ing it up?

Ok mate whatever you say.

It,s been reported elsewhere so I can,t link it but Alan Irvine was just on Citytalk saying there is nothing to spend at all. One loan deal may be possible though.

Are you sure about this mate? if that the case then we need to sell Baines or Fellaini.

That'll be why we've got the 10th highest wage bill then...........

we pay enough to retain our top players lets put it that way then.

the core of the team - jags, baines, neville, fellaini, howard - all stayed under moyes (at least in large part) because we paid as much or more than they could get elsewhere

lescott got a massive deal at city, because thats what they pay, and arteta actually took a pay cut to join arsenal.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back