Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question....

Would you prefer a McCarthy who will run his bollox off every week and give his all for the club

Or

A Fellaini who strops around the place and only turns up when he feels like it ...

Serious answer...

Do you have any idea why one player is valued at 10m and the other is valued at 25? "Strops around the place" - not worthy of a response.

Serious answer...

Do you have any idea why one player is value at 10m and the other is valued at 25? "Strops around the place" - not worthy of a response.
So did his performances towards the end of last season warrant a place in the team ? Undoubtedly he's quality but can you tell me honestly he was 100% committed to the cause ?

So did his performances towards the end of last season warrant a place in the team ? Undoubtedly he's quality but can you tell me honestly he was 100% committed to the cause ?

Yes, 100% committed. Like any player over the course of a season he will have the odd bad game and dip in form.

Ended up our leading goalscorer playing in an unfamiliar, makeshift role.

As I've stated previously think back to when he played defensive midfield in 2010. He was arguable the best DM in the premiership.
He finished the 2011 season having won the most tackles in the whole league!!

Did you watch McCarthy all of last year? In all seriousness comparing the two is a joke.

you need to look at the wages paid to retain the players as well - fellaini 75k p/w, baines 50k etc. Only the very top sides can pay more than us.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/latest-news/wage-and-the-premier-league-scaled-table

Such a strange argument. The facts are published.

Look at the table linked and tell me we are amongst the biggest spenders.

Like him, his style of football, his demeanour or his manner of departure or not, nobody can seriously deny Moyes was an excellent manager for us.

Yes, 100% committed. Like any player over the course of a season he will have the odd bad game and dip in form.

Ended up our leading goalscorer playing in an unfamiliar, makeshift role.

As I've stated previously think back to when he played defensive midfield in 2010. He was arguable the best DM in the premiership.
He finished the 2011 season having won the most tackles in the whole league!!

Did you watch McCarthy all of last year? In all seriousness comparing the two is a joke.
Go back and read what I posted before spouting off. Fellaini is far and away a better player than McCarthy and personally I don't really rate McCarthy highly at all so where I compared the two of them I don't know. If you honestly thought felli gave his all last season then you are blinded... I'm sorry.... I would live him to stay here and give his all every week but based on the evidence I saw with my own eyes last season I think he wants out.... I could be wrong of course.

This is a complete myth, against Arsenal he gave one of the best/most dominant central midfield performances of the season, from any midfielder.

Fellaini cash could buy us 2 CM, If only Moyes would give us big bucks to take Gibson back with him.

And the rest!.

Even IF his release clause really is £23.5m, we could buy 2 midfielders and Alderweireld aswell!. Weve been linked to the likes of Marrone, Chantome & Jorginho, who if you believe stories, are valued at 7m Euros, 10m Euros and 9m Euros respectively.

So if you took 2 from them 3 (my preference would be Jorginho & Chantome), we'd surely have money left over to buy Alderwiereld aswell and be able to afford there wages in all of that too.

But it's all hypothetical right now, but IF Felli was to go, the number of midfield options to replace him are getting rather slim!.

Edit:- Someone as mentioned Banega and he would be a very good option and if I remember rightly, Southampton were in for him for around about £8m?!. Him & Chantome for around about £16-17m would be top business IF we do end up losing Fellaini!.

Go back and read what I posted before spouting off. Fellaini is far and away a better player than McCarthy and personally I don't really rate McCarthy highly at all so where I compared the two of them I don't know. If you honestly thought felli gave his all last season then you are blinded... I'm sorry.... I would live him to stay here and give his all every week but based on the evidence I saw with my own eyes last season I think he wants out.... I could be wrong of course.

Lets just agree to disagree then. Just for the record Fellaini gave his all last yr. (Wigan FA cup game aside) Having watched every game he was never "stropping" around. For me he was one of our best again, despite being asked to do a role he is not suited to nor does he enjoy playing.

He has come out publicly and said I'm not a #10 and I want to play deeper. I will also say forget the rumours for a second and lets pretend that the release clause is still in place and the most we'll get for him is 20 odd after Standard see their cut.

Then I'm confident given the transfer fees being paid at the minute, that we will struggle to find two players who will deliver anywhere near the value one M.Fellaini gives you playing deep. Names like Banega (who I rate highly) would cost you 15+ alone.

What did Gary Medel cost Cardiff £10m?

I just wish we got it sorted sooner!. Then again, doesn't his release clause end in 2 days, allegedly?.
I read an article the other day which said it had already expired although take it with a grain of salt as journos just make everything up anyway.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/latest-news/wage-and-the-premier-league-scaled-table

Such a strange argument. The facts are published.

Look at the table linked and tell me we are amongst the biggest spenders.

Like him, his style of football, his demeanour or his manner of departure or not, nobody can seriously deny Moyes was an excellent manager for us.

The table shows wages across the entire team - I reiterate that our top players, the names of whom I have already mentioned, would not be paid more elsewhere except at the top 3 sides - I said that Arteta took a pay cut to join Arsenal, a fact that was widely publicised at the time.

This is a complete myth, against Arsenal he gave one of the best/most dominant central midfield performances of the season, from any midfielder.

what about the game where moyes subbed him off as he was stinking the place out... can't recall the game off the top of my head.... Look , I don't dislike him... he's absolute top drawer ... but if he's not interested from week to week ship him out and get somebody in who will give his all..... that could be anybody not just mcarthy... i used his name pirely hypothetically as others had been using it.

The table shows wages across the entire team - I reiterate that our top players, the names of whom I have already mentioned, would not be paid more elsewhere except at the top 3 sides - I said that Arteta took a pay cut to join Arsenal, a fact that was widely publicised at the time.

Your milkshock brings all the boys to the yard.

And the rest!.

Even IF his release clause really is £23.5m, we could buy 2 midfielders and Alderweireld aswell!. Weve been linked to the likes of Marrone, Chantome & Jorginho, who if you believe stories, are valued at 7m Euros, 10m Euros and 9m Euros respectively.

So if you took 2 from them 3 (my preference would be Jorginho & Chantome), we'd surely have money left over to buy Alderwiereld aswell and be able to afford there wages in all of that too.

But it's all hypothetical right now, but IF Felli was to go, the number of midfield options to replace him are getting rather slim!.

Edit:- Someone as mentioned Banega and he would be a very good option and if I remember rightly, Southampton were in for him for around about £8m?!. Him & Chantome for around about £16-17m would be top business IF we do end up losing Fellaini!.

Alderweireld, Banega & Chantome with the Fellaini money would be immense!

what about the game where moyes subbed him off as he was stinking the place out... can't recall the game off the top of my head.... Look , I don't dislike him... he's absolute top drawer ... but if he's not interested from week to week ship him out and get somebody in who will give his all..... that could be anybody not just mcarthy... i used his name pirely hypothetically as others had been using it.

You dont know he isnt interested or not you can just assume that by his body language. Personally I think he never looks interested but thats just how he looks. He covers more ground than anyone for us and is always one of the first to come running over to celebrate a goal with the goalscorer etc.

You get players like that anyway and I have always found that to be a problem with Everton. We expect everyone to be in your face battlers. Yakubu got slated by some because he was "lazy". His "laziness" is what made him such an effective striker, conserving energy for when it mattered most.

But to be honest I dont think it applies to Fellaini anyway. I would say his little "moments" are due to frustration more than not being arsed, we all react differently with stuff like that. But again that would just be me assuming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back