The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
so we have the same squad as last season but all of a sudden our defence is poor ?? yeah ok xxx

I don't agree with all the points he made and I for one am willing to be proved wrong - when at the game as an s/t holder (of nearly 50 odd years ) I will always cheer the blue shirt - unfortunately I can't get excited about Kone or Alcaraz - yes good start on Sat but we need to keep Felli and Baines and push for the top 4 - what's wrong with having ambition? i am not satisfied with the 6th or 7th place trophy and nor should any self respecting Blue do so either

You do have valid points mate but. You can't defend all the lies and spin false promises cancelation of egms, mortgaged to the hilt, dodgy board members, what do they do? **** all he only comes to the Camera when it suits him. the money we make made/ always vanishes. ( Most)He's to busy looking for investment isn't he? Oh wait another lie. My point is regardless of if other clubs operate " a sell to buy policy" do you trust him? I don't and I think he shoudnt be our chairman (someone with a better buisness nouse) looking at the state the clubs in he's got us in this mess and the hole is getting bigger and bigger, I coudnt care if he's a blue etc he's in over his head.

Mate I know where you're coming from, Kenwright's eccentricity can make it very difficult for me to believe half of what comes out of his mouth but with reference to the highlighted bit above...give HMRC a ring if you think millions upon millions of pounds are vanishing without good cause. Believe me, if anyone would pounce on large-scale financial malpractice it'd be them.

Jesper Drost and the Curacaoan Elson Hooi are good young players from the Eredivise. Also although i know Domi Kumbela is old i think he would have been a good cheaper alternative to Kone, also Pablo Gonzalez was involved in over half of Novaros goals last season ive never seen him play but sounds decent.

Really?

I don't agree with all the points he made and I for one am willing to be proved wrong - when at the game as an s/t holder (of nearly 50 odd years ) I will always cheer the blue shirt - unfortunately I can't get excited about Kone or Alcaraz - yes good start on Sat but we need to keep Felli and Baines and push for the top 4 - what's wrong with having ambition? i am not satisfied with the 6th or 7th place trophy and nor should any self respecting Blue do so either

I would love to see us up there competing again also... who wouldn't ?? point I was making though is some people are here just to slate the club at every chance they have.... we are arguably a stronger squad than last season just by way of adding them 4 signings...... they may not be better than what we have in our starting line up but they are deffo an improvement on the players we have let go.... therefore we have a stronger squad..... obvs all that could change in the next 2 weeks but to come out with rash comments like 'our defence is crap' is ...in my opinion.... ill informed and unfounded.

You do have valid points mate but. You can't defend all the lies and spin false promises cancelation of egms, mortgaged to the hilt, dodgy board members, what do they do? **** all he only comes to the Camera when it suits him. the money we make made/ always vanishes. ( Most)He's to busy looking for investment isn't he? Oh wait another lie. My point is regardless of if other clubs operate " a sell to buy policy" do you trust him? I don't and I think he shoudnt be our chairman (someone with a better buisness nouse) looking at the state the clubs in he's got us in this mess and the hole is getting bigger and bigger, I coudnt care if he's a blue etc he's in over his head.

To be honest though I wouldn't want my chairman on camera all the time, leave it to the players and manager. I agree with certain aspects of his stewardship, it's not been great to say the least. I do not for one minute though think he is milking the club out of millions and millions if pounds. If that is true there would be some proof that HMRC would have picked up on.

I trust Kenwright enough to believe what money is generated by transfers at least 85 - 90% will be reinvested back into the playing squad, which I think over they years has proven to be correct.

I also would like someone with a better business nous or more cash but at the moment that does not look like happening for whatever the reason.

To the people saying Kone is crap; I saw in the 10 minutes he played against Norwich that he's got more to his game than Jelavic and Anichebe put together. He's a different class. He'll be our main striker this season - hence why he was handed the #9 shirt - and he'll fully justify it. I think he'll prove to be a bit of a bargain

To the people saying Kone is crap; I saw in the 10 minutes he played against Norwich that he's got more to his game than Jelavic and Anichebe put together. He's a different class. He'll be our main striker this season - hence why he was handed the #9 shirt - and he'll fully justify it. I think he'll prove to be a bit of a bargain

What did he do that impressed you? I didn't see anything (although he didn't have much time to impress)

some are against him mainly because he is ex wigan...childish really

some are against him mainly because he is ex wigan...childish really

I was not against him but I thought the deal was not made sense for a club like Everton. £5m or £6.2m for him was a bit too much. Strikers tend to lose pace once they reach 30.

Maybe £5/6m is the max amount we can pay for a striker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back